ME Bank Home Loans

ME Bank Home Loans

1.5
Herb M.
Herb M.

Good initial offer BUT difficult and extremely time consuming communications

For an investment property loan ME was absolutely a pain to deal with. At the end of my initial term I wanted to continue with interest only payments. I submitted many documents over after their many requests over several weeks then to be rejected.

Application Process
Loan Start DateJanuary 2017
alison98
alison98Perth, WA

Call centre staff rude and incompetent

Application Process

Other Home Loans

David
DavidSydney, NSW

ME Bank is becoming more like a lender of last resort - Beware

Have a loan that's just come off its fixed rate and been a customer of ME bank for 5 years. No problems of note in that time. However was recently confronted by a smug, condescending individual on the phone that showed zero empathy and willingness to assist. Basically it seems ME will hook you in with decent, even low rates then hit existing customers with higher than acceptable rates at first opportunity. I went from 3.69% fixed for 3 years to now, 4.20% variable P&I!! This is in an environment where the official cash rate is 0.75% people! They are refusing to budge and my only option is: fix now or else. I know which option I'll be taking and will vote with my feet. Such a pity because I didn't contemplate leaving.