ME Bank Home Loans

ME Bank Home Loans

1.3

Jimbo

Jimbo

ME provides the opposite of customer service

last year ME Bank stuffed up my redraw facility. Now I have been on hold for an hour so far because they do not answer their phones, and you have to request a loan discharge form over the phone. Forget doing business with this worthless lot.

Loan Start DateDecember 2001

FirstLast Time Customer

FirstLast Time CustomerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No Frills No Service Bank

Michelle F.

Michelle F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hopeless bank as once existing customer. Been unable to update my home loan. It’s been six weeks and 3rd attempt

3 times I have tried to reduce my rate for my homeland. Currently awaiting paperwork to be emailed and so far it’s been six weeks. Very unhelpful and very slow to help you reduce your home loan rate but quick to ring if my credit card is overdue. Very frustrating and hopeless bank once you are an existing customer

Sal

SalMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Most expensive rates in the country

Just got a letter saying my home loan rate is increasing to 4.3% . Logged into internet banking to call and get pictures of fake chattering teeth . Are your customers a joke to you.

Scott M

Scott MSunshine Coast

Started out great!! Have become bad!!!

Loan used forFirst Home

Worst bank and customer service

Did a construction loan with ME Bank, sent application through for stage one payment as well as requested documents for the bank to be told it’s been completed and funds will be in building account in 24 hours to then receive a call a week later saying we can’t pay the builder due to a discrepancy with no explanation or detailed reason why. I have been calling everyday for the past month to be told the same thing over and over again that a team leader will call me, I am get to receive any phone call from the team leader or any explanation of what is going on even though we have settled the loan more then 2 months ago. Do not waste you time with this bank!

Loan Start DateAugust 2020
Loan used forHome Construction

furb71

furb71Sydney, NSW

Very average customer service

I have been with them now for some years but find them particularly average in their customer service. Long waits on the phone ("due to overwhelming demand....") when we all know it's about cost cutting. This bank is supposedly owned by unions and industry super funds which is good but from the customer point of view there is no difference. They couldn't care less and are no better than Westpac, NAB etc. Any letter or email I have written to them has been ignored. I think it's time to move my loan as they aren't even that competitive.

Robert Saunders

Robert SaundersMelbourne

Messed around

Disgraceful bank

Mebank ripped me off, charging $400 on top of a high rate. When I stopped them taking my $400 they increased interest to 4.75%. 11 years as a customer. Scum.

Bernie

Bernie

Interest rates remains high

Borrowed from ME in 2001, the interest rate at the time was competitive as an owner occupier the interest rate currently (July 2020) is 4.47%. Conversations with ME about the interest rate have been to no avail and the costs involved in refinancing have made the option unviable. I have always made repayments on time and have a spotless credit report. Never again.

Herb M.

Herb M.

Good initial offer BUT difficult and extremely time consuming communications

For an investment property loan ME was absolutely a pain to deal with. At the end of my initial term I wanted to continue with interest only payments. I submitted many documents over after their many requests over several weeks then to be rejected.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2017
Loan used forInvestment Property
alison98

alison98Perth, WA

Call centre staff rude and incompetent

Loan used forInvestment Property

Janine

JanineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

ME HOME LOANS

Been with ME for a while now, place money into mortgage account to draw down the abominable interest rate they charge.
Logged into my account and found they had taken $3500 without a single word, then I receive a letter in the mail stating that they’ve made changes to their withdrawal facility. They think I’m at risk of withdrawing all my money and I would get into financial stress.

It states the only change is the degree to which I can dip back into my loan for funds. My new redraw amount is now $.

I will be paying off my home loan and moving all my money to another bank. I suggest others do this as well as I can no longer trust ME. As far as I’m concerned this is fraud.

markGearaldton

they have taken money from my account,

took money from my redraw no notice no contact, the people you speak to after hours on the phone, just spin what they have been told, this bank is just like the big banks now, they need to be investigated wirth a royal commission, Mark,

mark

can we make a class action Mark,

Adam

AdamHobart, TAS

ME Bank took $ 7643 from my Offset Account without warning or my permission

Alison

AlisonPerth, WA

Worst of the Worst

Thieves

Money missing from our redraw account. When I asked where it is? Because it wasn’t in our savings account and it didn’t come off the principal. They said “it had been absorbed into the loan” bloody thieves.

Loan Start DateApril 2010
Flabberghasted

FlabberghastedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do Not Get A Home Loan With This Bank

Received a letter today telling me that my available redraw had been reduced over $10k but that quote".... the total amount outstanding and the time remaining on your home loan all remain the same." That is in spite of paying well over the minimum payment required for over 2 years. I will be complaining to Australian Financial Complaints Authority. I am just flabberghasted that a bank can decide to more or less take your extra funds without permission!

Loan used forRefinancing

Linda W.

Linda W.Canberra 2600, ACT

Absolutely terrible - will raise your interest rate as soon as they can

Raise interest rate a month after signing up but lie and say they won't if you purchase their "member package", lost my paperwork prior to settlement which delayed it by days, delay processing your pay so you can't organise direct debits, send texts you have missed a mortgage payment when you haven't, statements don't accurately reflect each other even though all accounts are with Me. Will keep you in the phone forever and then laugh at you when you question their system their banking ap has constant glitches and is never up to date. I seriously regret going with them and will bail as soon as possible.

Loan Start DateOctober 2018
Loan used forFirst Home

SERIOUSLY! DO NOT TOUCH!!

Delay! Delay! Delay! Get used to those words. This is the worst bank we have ever had to deal with, they charge numerous fees and give zero service, the terms of the loan were even incorrect, eg. frequency of repayment, fixed or variable. You can do bank to bank transfer out of their accounts, but don’t try to transfer in, they are NOT registered for that service. They outsource valuations, their solicitors, all with added fees. They do not communicate, they charge heaps and give worthless service.