ME Bank Home Loans

AlexSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst bank experience in 25 years

Loan Start DateJune 2019
Loan used forInvestment Property

Customer service does not exist

When trying to close out mortgages there is always a delay even after being given six weeks notice. Each time they have blamed someone else however taking the opportunity to charge the extra interest. This has happened three times. It appears to be a trend.

Other Home Loans

Home Loans

Find out how ME Bank Home Loans compares to other Home Loans

D Taranto
D TarantoSydney, NSW

Hopeless customer service at this bank!

I am now refinancing with another bank after the poor I received from Me Bank last year. I have a home investment loan with them which I had to pause repayments during Covid restrictions. Due to the poor training of their call centre staff, I was treated like I was in default and you always wait at least 20 minutes to talk to someone. I lodged a complaint with the banking ombudsman and in the end, they offered $200 to settle my complaint.

Loan Start DateNovember 2015
Melissa
MelissaPerth, WA

Would not recommend an investment loan

Loyal customer for 5 years tried to negotiate lower rates as paying well above average. Interest free period has also ended. Was advised that it would be easy to reapply for interest only, but rejected. So now stuck paying high rate and principle. I have a second loan with another bank that I am paying a significantly lower rate with and interest only. ME Bank have passed on a small cut, but interest rates are already high so still well above a fair amount. I would never recommend this bank to anyone, my broker can't even deal with them anymore so I have had to myself.

Loan used forInvestment Property

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Herb M.
Herb M.

Good initial offer BUT difficult and extremely time consuming communications

For an investment property loan ME was absolutely a pain to deal with. At the end of my initial term I wanted to continue with interest only payments. I submitted many documents over after their many requests over several weeks then to be rejected.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2017
alison98
alison98Perth, WA

Call centre staff rude and incompetent

David
DavidSydney, NSW

ME Bank is becoming more like a lender of last resort - Beware

Have a loan that's just come off its fixed rate and been a customer of ME bank for 5 years. No problems of note in that time. However was recently confronted by a smug, condescending individual on the phone that showed zero empathy and willingness to assist. Basically it seems ME will hook you in with decent, even low rates then hit existing customers with higher than acceptable rates at first opportunity. I went from 3.69% fixed for 3 years to now, 4.20% variable P&I!! This is in an environment where the official cash rate is 0.75% people! They are refusing to budge and my only option is: fix now or else. I know which option I'll be taking and will vote with my feet. Such a pity because I didn't contemplate leaving.

Other Home Loans