ME Bank Home Loans

ME Bank Home Loans

1.3

Jimbo

Jimbo

ME provides the opposite of customer service

last year ME Bank stuffed up my redraw facility. Now I have been on hold for an hour so far because they do not answer their phones, and you have to request a loan discharge form over the phone. Forget doing business with this worthless lot.

Loan Start DateDecember 2001

FirstLast Time Customer

FirstLast Time CustomerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No Frills No Service Bank

Michelle F.

Michelle F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hopeless bank as once existing customer. Been unable to update my home loan. It’s been six weeks and 3rd attempt

3 times I have tried to reduce my rate for my homeland. Currently awaiting paperwork to be emailed and so far it’s been six weeks. Very unhelpful and very slow to help you reduce your home loan rate but quick to ring if my credit card is overdue. Very frustrating and hopeless bank once you are an existing customer

Sal

SalMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Most expensive rates in the country

Just got a letter saying my home loan rate is increasing to 4.3% . Logged into internet banking to call and get pictures of fake chattering teeth . Are your customers a joke to you.

Loan used forSecond Home

Worst bank and customer service

Did a construction loan with ME Bank, sent application through for stage one payment as well as requested documents for the bank to be told it’s been completed and funds will be in building account in 24 hours to then receive a call a week later saying we can’t pay the builder due to a discrepancy with no explanation or detailed reason why. I have been calling everyday for the past month to be told the same thing over and over again that a team leader will call me, I am get to receive any phone call from the team leader or any explanation of what is going on even though we have settled the loan more then 2 months ago. Do not waste you time with this bank!

Loan Start DateAugust 2020
Loan used forHome Construction

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
furb71

furb71Sydney, NSW

Very average customer service

I have been with them now for some years but find them particularly average in their customer service. Long waits on the phone ("due to overwhelming demand....") when we all know it's about cost cutting. This bank is supposedly owned by unions and industry super funds which is good but from the customer point of view there is no difference. They couldn't care less and are no better than Westpac, NAB etc. Any letter or email I have written to them has been ignored. I think it's time to move my loan as they aren't even that competitive.

Robert Saunders

Robert SaundersMelbourne

Messed around

Disgraceful bank

Mebank ripped me off, charging $400 on top of a high rate. When I stopped them taking my $400 they increased interest to 4.75%. 11 years as a customer. Scum.

Bernie

Bernie

Interest rates remains high

Borrowed from ME in 2001, the interest rate at the time was competitive as an owner occupier the interest rate currently (July 2020) is 4.47%. Conversations with ME about the interest rate have been to no avail and the costs involved in refinancing have made the option unviable. I have always made repayments on time and have a spotless credit report. Never again.

Herb M.

Herb M.

Good initial offer BUT difficult and extremely time consuming communications

For an investment property loan ME was absolutely a pain to deal with. At the end of my initial term I wanted to continue with interest only payments. I submitted many documents over after their many requests over several weeks then to be rejected.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2017
Loan used forInvestment Property
alison98

alison98Perth, WA

Call centre staff rude and incompetent

Loan used forInvestment Property
Janine

JanineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

ME HOME LOANS

Been with ME for a while now, place money into mortgage account to draw down the abominable interest rate they charge.
Logged into my account and found they had taken $3500 without a single word, then I receive a letter in the mail stating that they’ve made changes to their withdrawal facility. They think I’m at risk of withdrawing all my money and I would get into financial stress.

It states the only change is the degree to which I can dip back into my loan for funds. My new redraw amount is now $.

I will be paying off my home loan and moving all my money to another bank. I suggest others do this as well as I can no longer trust ME. As far as I’m concerned this is fraud.

markGearaldton

they have taken money from my account,

took money from my redraw no notice no contact, the people you speak to after hours on the phone, just spin what they have been told, this bank is just like the big banks now, they need to be investigated wirth a royal commission, Mark,

mark

can we make a class action Mark,

Adam