ME Bank Home Loans

ME Bank Home Loans (page 2 of 5)

Worst bank and customer service

Did a construction loan with ME Bank, sent application through for stage one payment as well as requested documents for the bank to be told it’s been completed and funds will be in building account in 24 hours to then receive a call a week later saying we can’t pay the builder due to a discrepancy with no explanation or detailed reason why. I have been calling everyday for the past month to be told the same thing over and over again that a team leader will call me, I am get to receive any phone call from the team leader or any explanation of what is going on even though we have settled the loan more then 2 months ago. Do not waste you time with this bank!

Mike T.
Mike T.

Absolutely disappointing!!

Long waits on the phone, online app is very basic and crashes all the time, very long time to process requests. I was expecting good customer service because it's a small bank but overall it's been very disappointing

furb71
furb71Sydney, NSW

Very average customer service

I have been with them now for some years but find them particularly average in their customer service. Long waits on the phone ("due to overwhelming demand....") when we all know it's about cost cutting. This bank is supposedly owned by unions and industry super funds which is good but from the customer point of view there is no difference. They couldn't care less and are no better than Westpac, NAB etc. Any letter or email I have written to them has been ignored. I think it's time to move my loan as they aren't even that competitive.

Robert Saunders
Robert SaundersMelbourne

Messed around

Lucas
LucasSydney, NSW

Home loans

It was a bad home loan experience for me. After the the 3 yr fixed period they increased the rates twice while industry rates were going down. They would not negotiate on the rates until I had already decided to change lenders and I gave them ample opportunities. I would not recommend them.

Loan TypeFixed Rate

Disgraceful bank

Mebank ripped me off, charging $400 on top of a high rate. When I stopped them taking my $400 they increased interest to 4.75%. 11 years as a customer. Scum.

Bernie
Bernie

Interest rates remains high

Borrowed from ME in 2001, the interest rate at the time was competitive as an owner occupier the interest rate currently (July 2020) is 4.47%. Conversations with ME about the interest rate have been to no avail and the costs involved in refinancing have made the option unviable. I have always made repayments on time and have a spotless credit report. Never again.

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Loan used forSecond Home

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Herb M.
Herb M.

Good initial offer BUT difficult and extremely time consuming communications

For an investment property loan ME was absolutely a pain to deal with. At the end of my initial term I wanted to continue with interest only payments. I submitted many documents over after their many requests over several weeks then to be rejected.

Sharon
SharonCalwell 2905, ACT

The worst experience I have ever had

alison98
alison98Perth, WA

Call centre staff rude and incompetent

Halbeins
HalbeinsPerth, WA

Shocking customer service

ME bank did not call back for two weeks to discuss quotes or provide pay out figure. Subsequent calls were delayed with related customer service agents not helpful. Call back never happened.

Robbed, then received apology and company action corrected

Janine
JanineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

ME HOME LOANS

Been with ME for a while now, place money into mortgage account to draw down the abominable interest rate they charge.
Logged into my account and found they had taken $3500 without a single word, then I receive a letter in the mail stating that they’ve made changes to their withdrawal facility. They think I’m at risk of withdrawing all my money and I would get into financial stress.

It states the only change is the degree to which I can dip back into my loan for funds. My new redraw amount is now $.

I will be paying off my home loan and moving all my money to another bank. I suggest others do this as well as I can no longer trust ME. As far as I’m concerned this is fraud.

markGearaldton

they have taken money from my account,

took money from my redraw no notice no contact, the people you speak to after hours on the phone, just spin what they have been told, this bank is just like the big banks now, they need to be investigated wirth a royal commission, Mark,

mark

can we make a class action Mark,

Adam

Worst of the Worst

Brett
BrettGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thieves

Money missing from our redraw account. When I asked where it is? Because it wasn’t in our savings account and it didn’t come off the principal. They said “it had been absorbed into the loan” bloody thieves.

LadyWriterOnTheScreen
LadyWriterOnTheScreenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do Not Get A Home Loan With This Bank

Received a letter today telling me that my available redraw had been reduced over $10k but that quote".... the total amount outstanding and the time remaining on your home loan all remain the same." That is in spite of paying well over the minimum payment required for over 2 years. I will be complaining to Australian Financial Complaints Authority. I am just flabberghasted that a bank can decide to more or less take your extra funds without permission!

Steve5559
Steve5559South Australia

Couldn't care less.........

Delayed settlement on our sons mortgage due to lack of experience, is probably the best way to describe our unfortunate dealings with ME. As long term customers very disappointed with lack of response, having sent two emails of complaint, no replies.

Application Process
Lewis
LewisPerth, WA

Farcically Poor Service

Linda W.
Linda W.Canberra 2600, ACT

Absolutely terrible - will raise your interest rate as soon as they can

Raise interest rate a month after signing up but lie and say they won't if you purchase their "member package", lost my paperwork prior to settlement which delayed it by days, delay processing your pay so you can't organise direct debits, send texts you have missed a mortgage payment when you haven't, statements don't accurately reflect each other even though all accounts are with Me. Will keep you in the phone forever and then laugh at you when you question their system their banking ap has constant glitches and is never up to date. I seriously regret going with them and will bail as soon as possible.

SERIOUSLY! DO NOT TOUCH!!

Delay! Delay! Delay! Get used to those words. This is the worst bank we have ever had to deal with, they charge numerous fees and give zero service, the terms of the loan were even incorrect, eg. frequency of repayment, fixed or variable. You can do bank to bank transfer out of their accounts, but don’t try to transfer in, they are NOT registered for that service. They outsource valuations, their solicitors, all with added fees. They do not communicate, they charge heaps and give worthless service.

Steve Jones
Steve Jones

One star too many!

ME, ME, ME - how apt!
Utterly pathetic follow up. Told things were done, only to find they weren't. Never got a call back when they promised. Never sent through paperwork when requested. Consistently having to chase up. Don't seem to understand the word 'urgency' unless it applies to them. Due to their contempt and lax ways, my family could be on the street as a result of a settlement falling through! They don't care. They really have become Australia's 5th largest bank. Welcome to the club ME Bank. You wont be hearing from me again!

sooty
sootyPerth, Western Australia

ME Bank has become the 5th big bank

Too many fees and very inflexible. Delay releasing mortgages with excuses. Used to be a very good bank. Pity you became the 5th big bank. This is my second home loan and I am moving to Athena.

Rocky