ME Bank Home Loans

ME Bank Home Loans (page 2 of 6)

Lucas

LucasSydney, NSW

Home loans

It was a bad home loan experience for me. After the the 3 yr fixed period they increased the rates twice while industry rates were going down. They would not negotiate on the rates until I had already decided to change lenders and I gave them ample opportunities. I would not recommend them.

Loan TypeFixed Rate

Disgraceful bank

Mebank ripped me off, charging $400 on top of a high rate. When I stopped them taking my $400 they increased interest to 4.75%. 11 years as a customer. Scum.

Bernie

Bernie

Interest rates remains high

Borrowed from ME in 2001, the interest rate at the time was competitive as an owner occupier the interest rate currently (July 2020) is 4.47%. Conversations with ME about the interest rate have been to no avail and the costs involved in refinancing have made the option unviable. I have always made repayments on time and have a spotless credit report. Never again.

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Loan used forSecond Home

Herb M.

Herb M.

Good initial offer BUT difficult and extremely time consuming communications

For an investment property loan ME was absolutely a pain to deal with. At the end of my initial term I wanted to continue with interest only payments. I submitted many documents over after their many requests over several weeks then to be rejected.

Sharon

SharonCalwell 2905, ACT

The worst experience I have ever had

alison98

alison98Perth, WA

Call centre staff rude and incompetent

Halbeins

HalbeinsPerth, WA

Shocking customer service

ME bank did not call back for two weeks to discuss quotes or provide pay out figure. Subsequent calls were delayed with related customer service agents not helpful. Call back never happened.

Robbed, then received apology and company action corrected

Janine

JanineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

ME HOME LOANS

Been with ME for a while now, place money into mortgage account to draw down the abominable interest rate they charge.
Logged into my account and found they had taken $3500 without a single word, then I receive a letter in the mail stating that they’ve made changes to their withdrawal facility. They think I’m at risk of withdrawing all my money and I would get into financial stress.

It states the only change is the degree to which I can dip back into my loan for funds. My new redraw amount is now $.

I will be paying off my home loan and moving all my money to another bank. I suggest others do this as well as I can no longer trust ME. As far as I’m concerned this is fraud.

markGearaldton

they have taken money from my account,

took money from my redraw no notice no contact, the people you speak to after hours on the phone, just spin what they have been told, this bank is just like the big banks now, they need to be investigated wirth a royal commission, Mark,

mark

can we make a class action Mark,

Adam

AdamHobart, TAS

ME Bank took $ 7643 from my Offset Account without warning or my permission

Alison

AlisonPerth, WA

Worst of the Worst

Thieves

Money missing from our redraw account. When I asked where it is? Because it wasn’t in our savings account and it didn’t come off the principal. They said “it had been absorbed into the loan” bloody thieves.

Flabberghasted

FlabberghastedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do Not Get A Home Loan With This Bank

Received a letter today telling me that my available redraw had been reduced over $10k but that quote".... the total amount outstanding and the time remaining on your home loan all remain the same." That is in spite of paying well over the minimum payment required for over 2 years. I will be complaining to Australian Financial Complaints Authority. I am just flabberghasted that a bank can decide to more or less take your extra funds without permission!

Rhino

RhinoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible to worst

Amortisation- got a letter today telling us the bank had taken thousands out of our redraw and put it on the principal - without informing us . You can only have 25% of the loan balance in redrew ?? How dare they!

Steve5559

Steve5559South Australia

Couldn't care less.........

Delayed settlement on our sons mortgage due to lack of experience, is probably the best way to describe our unfortunate dealings with ME. As long term customers very disappointed with lack of response, having sent two emails of complaint, no replies.

Application Process
Lewis

LewisPerth, WA

Farcically Poor Service

Linda W.

Linda W.Canberra 2600, ACT

Absolutely terrible - will raise your interest rate as soon as they can

Raise interest rate a month after signing up but lie and say they won't if you purchase their "member package", lost my paperwork prior to settlement which delayed it by days, delay processing your pay so you can't organise direct debits, send texts you have missed a mortgage payment when you haven't, statements don't accurately reflect each other even though all accounts are with Me. Will keep you in the phone forever and then laugh at you when you question their system their banking ap has constant glitches and is never up to date. I seriously regret going with them and will bail as soon as possible.

Ad

SERIOUSLY! DO NOT TOUCH!!

Delay! Delay! Delay! Get used to those words. This is the worst bank we have ever had to deal with, they charge numerous fees and give zero service, the terms of the loan were even incorrect, eg. frequency of repayment, fixed or variable. You can do bank to bank transfer out of their accounts, but don’t try to transfer in, they are NOT registered for that service. They outsource valuations, their solicitors, all with added fees. They do not communicate, they charge heaps and give worthless service.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones

One star too many!

ME, ME, ME - how apt!
Utterly pathetic follow up. Told things were done, only to find they weren't. Never got a call back when they promised. Never sent through paperwork when requested. Consistently having to chase up. Don't seem to understand the word 'urgency' unless it applies to them. Due to their contempt and lax ways, my family could be on the street as a result of a settlement falling through! They don't care. They really have become Australia's 5th largest bank. Welcome to the club ME Bank. You wont be hearing from me again!