ME Bank Home Loans

ME Bank Home Loans

David C.Sydney, NSW

Stay Away, The Worst Lender I Have Encountered

Poor communication

It was almost impossible to speak to a staff member when our fixed loan expired. I rang several times then sent 2 emails and no phone call prior to our loan expiry. I would not recommend. No service provided.

Terrible terrible and terrible

I’ve been with ME for 20 years. It has taken 4 months and still waiting. For top up approval I have equity in house it’s a very small top up for home improvements. I would not recommend my worst enemy to use this organisation

Andy
Please don’t make things worse. It’s my experience shared on a review site. I’m just sharing my experience. Need to be a lot shaper ME the wheel is squeaky.

Oscar A.Sydney, NSW

Bad Bank, Cash Back offer never paid, Don't believe in Cash Back Offer

I have been offered a $3K cash back 24 hrs after settlement; after settlement they told me that the offer will be paid 3 month after settlement; after 3 months they did not paid the offer.

Application Process
Oscar A.

I did it Nick, I have been sending my complains through internet banking - messages, all I received is a lies and more lies regarding this cash back that have never been paid.

Rhino
RhinoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still stressed by the experience

Had many problems including a change of their system no longer withdrawing loan amount from linked account, talking to representatives who provided false information and these resulted in extra payments and default notices. Also took 13 thousand off the money sitting on top mortgage without notice. Closed accounts without any communication- very stressful.

Alex
AlexSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst bank experience in 25 years

Jimbo
Jimbo

ME provides the opposite of customer service

last year ME Bank stuffed up my redraw facility. Now I have been on hold for an hour so far because they do not answer their phones, and you have to request a loan discharge form over the phone. Forget doing business with this worthless lot.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Jim M.
Jim M.Sydney, NSW

rubbish waiting times

hold times beyound 30 minutes???? due to high call volumes???? When you want to email your issue, theres a comment, due to high volumes of queries, there may be delays.....go figure hire more staff. For a banking icompany, very poor customer support

PamA
PamASouth East Queensland, QLD

Waiting and waiting for my home loan to be corrected

Refixed my home loan with ME Bank after three attempted phone calls to get through (eventually just waiting and waiting which isn't easy when you have things to do). After a long phone call to fix it, it's 12 days later and nothing has happened. I'm still being charged the higher old rate and the money I added into my home loan hasn't been absorbed into it. And despite sending two emails, I'm stuck with making another dreaded phonecall and waiting endlessly again. Doesn't make life easy for working people that they only take calls during the same working hours that their clients work. Go somewhere else if you're looking for good service!

Application Process

Find out how ME Bank Home Loans compares to other Home Loans

Customer service does not exist

When trying to close out mortgages there is always a delay even after being given six weeks notice. Each time they have blamed someone else however taking the opportunity to charge the extra interest. This has happened three times. It appears to be a trend.

Heath
HeathSydney

Frustrating customer service

FirstLast Time Customer
FirstLast Time CustomerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No Frills No Service Bank

Michelle F.
Michelle F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hopeless bank as once existing customer. Been unable to update my home loan. It’s been six weeks and 3rd attempt

3 times I have tried to reduce my rate for my homeland. Currently awaiting paperwork to be emailed and so far it’s been six weeks. Very unhelpful and very slow to help you reduce your home loan rate but quick to ring if my credit card is overdue. Very frustrating and hopeless bank once you are an existing customer

Sal
SalMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Most expensive rates in the country

Just got a letter saying my home loan rate is increasing to 4.3% . Logged into internet banking to call and get pictures of fake chattering teeth . Are your customers a joke to you.

D Taranto
D TarantoSydney, NSW

Hopeless customer service at this bank!

I am now refinancing with another bank after the poor I received from Me Bank last year. I have a home investment loan with them which I had to pause repayments during Covid restrictions. Due to the poor training of their call centre staff, I was treated like I was in default and you always wait at least 20 minutes to talk to someone. I lodged a complaint with the banking ombudsman and in the end, they offered $200 to settle my complaint.