ME Bank Home Loans

ME Bank Home Loans

Roger P.
Roger P.Sydney, NSW

Hopeless

28 days to discharge a loan - it took half that time to get a new one approved.
When I called to check they were unable to find the discharge request.

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Alex
AlexSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst bank experience in 25 years

Jimbo
Jimbo

ME provides the opposite of customer service

last year ME Bank stuffed up my redraw facility. Now I have been on hold for an hour so far because they do not answer their phones, and you have to request a loan discharge form over the phone. Forget doing business with this worthless lot.

Jim M.
Jim M.Sydney, NSW

rubbish waiting times

hold times beyound 30 minutes???? due to high call volumes???? When you want to email your issue, theres a comment, due to high volumes of queries, there may be delays.....go figure hire more staff. For a banking icompany, very poor customer support

PamA
PamASouth East Queensland, QLD

Waiting and waiting for my home loan to be corrected

Refixed my home loan with ME Bank after three attempted phone calls to get through (eventually just waiting and waiting which isn't easy when you have things to do). After a long phone call to fix it, it's 12 days later and nothing has happened. I'm still being charged the higher old rate and the money I added into my home loan hasn't been absorbed into it. And despite sending two emails, I'm stuck with making another dreaded phonecall and waiting endlessly again. Doesn't make life easy for working people that they only take calls during the same working hours that their clients work. Go somewhere else if you're looking for good service!

Application Process

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Customer service does not exist

When trying to close out mortgages there is always a delay even after being given six weeks notice. Each time they have blamed someone else however taking the opportunity to charge the extra interest. This has happened three times. It appears to be a trend.

Heath
HeathSydney

Frustrating customer service

FirstLast Time Customer
FirstLast Time CustomerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No Frills No Service Bank

Michelle F.
Michelle F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hopeless bank as once existing customer. Been unable to update my home loan. It’s been six weeks and 3rd attempt

3 times I have tried to reduce my rate for my homeland. Currently awaiting paperwork to be emailed and so far it’s been six weeks. Very unhelpful and very slow to help you reduce your home loan rate but quick to ring if my credit card is overdue. Very frustrating and hopeless bank once you are an existing customer

Sal
SalMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Most expensive rates in the country

Just got a letter saying my home loan rate is increasing to 4.3% . Logged into internet banking to call and get pictures of fake chattering teeth . Are your customers a joke to you.

Stan M.
Stan M.South East Queensland, QLD

Incompetent and arrogant. Don't fall for the cool marketing image!

D Taranto
D TarantoSydney, NSW

Hopeless customer service at this bank!

I am now refinancing with another bank after the poor I received from Me Bank last year. I have a home investment loan with them which I had to pause repayments during Covid restrictions. Due to the poor training of their call centre staff, I was treated like I was in default and you always wait at least 20 minutes to talk to someone. I lodged a complaint with the banking ombudsman and in the end, they offered $200 to settle my complaint.

Ciaran
CiaranSydney, NSW

Breathtakingly Incompetent

Jason Smith
Jason SmithSydney, NSW

Slow and hopeless

Slow and hopeless would be my most accurate summation. Went through our trusted Mortgage broker to set the finance and after 6 weeks, still no approval, just repeated requests for the same information already provided with apparently no end in sight. We have pulled the finance and this is our first and last time dealing with them. Could not possibly recommend.

Melissa
MelissaPerth, WA

Would not recommend an investment loan

Loyal customer for 5 years tried to negotiate lower rates as paying well above average. Interest free period has also ended. Was advised that it would be easy to reapply for interest only, but rejected. So now stuck paying high rate and principle. I have a second loan with another bank that I am paying a significantly lower rate with and interest only. ME Bank have passed on a small cut, but interest rates are already high so still well above a fair amount. I would never recommend this bank to anyone, my broker can't even deal with them anymore so I have had to myself.