ME Bank Home Loans

ME Bank Home Loans

• Loan TypeVariable Rate (2)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan used for
  • Loan Term25 years
  • Online Tools
John V
John V

Just Another Bank - Nothing Special

I’ve been a loyal customer of (Members Equity) ME Bank, now owned by The Bank of Queensland) for more years than I care to remember.

However, I can remember when it wasn’t generally known by borrowers (certainly not advertised by banks) that paying your mortgage fortnightly, instead of monthly, would save you quite an amount interest over the term of your loan.

I can’t help but wonder why ME Bank recently started charging interest on your home loan weekly, as opposed to monthly.
Does this change of policy work in favour of the bank?

• Incentivised Review No
ME (Members Equity) Bank
Digital S.ME (Members Equity) BankSend a private message
furb71
furb71Sydney, NSW

Very average customer service

I have been with them now for some years but find them particularly average in their customer service. Long waits on the phone ("due to overwhelming demand....") when we all know it's about cost cutting. This bank is supposedly owned by unions and industry super funds which is good but from the customer point of view there is no difference. They couldn't care less and are no better than Westpac, NAB etc. Any letter or email I have written to them has been ignored. I think it's time to move my loan as they aren't even that competitive.

Robbed, then received apology and company action corrected

• Incentivised Review No
J Hwang
J Hwang

Great/easy refinancing as a new customer, absolute nightmare when you discharge the mortgage

Mebank were one of the easiest bank to refinance and sign up with. Even when they got their rates wrong, they were prompt to rectify the fault. 5 stars for the sign up and interest rate, they were very good!

However, all good things must come to an end, unfortunately we had to refinance and it was sad leaving a great bank. The mortgage discharge team was poor, probably insufficient staffing. Their lawyers (Galilee) were poor in communication, the discharge took them over 40 days to complete. What annoys me the most is that after 3 weeks of refinancing with the new bank, Mebank still cannot generate a account closure letter!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 star

Home Loans

Find out how ME Bank Home Loans compares to other Home Loans

christos
christosSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very Slow Loan approval

We have many different accounts and loans with ME. Overall a good bank rates are good. However don't apply for a loan with them unless you have all the time in the world. No urgency with ME. they need to get in the real world, their tardiness has almost lost us our property purchase. The vendor has extended our cooling off period twice and will not a third time. we may lose our deposit and the property.

Great Bank ..but poor service for a home loan

ive been banking with ME bank for over 20 years I love them no bank fees except for the $1 dollar ATM fee otherwise i do my withdraws from supermarkets, to save me the $1 fee . Banking wise they are great & i have recommended them to other friends. the negative is they shouldn't charge for the post office deposits.
The low home loan rate & the free 15 free transactions a month
the solictior's whoever they use are awful they dont send you the documents on time & some of their loan officers gave bad customer service nofeed back as to if the documents where approved

Good

Excellent. I'm very happy. No plans to change.
One of the lowest interest rates around, low fees, good range of products and services, excellent service in all dealings whether via internet, phone or in person. Happy to come to your house if required and always professional & on time.
Accessibility. Most things handled over internet/phone but have to wait days if you want to arrange a home visit and speak to someone face to face.