Mecca Cosmetica

Online store, Physical store, Product Range (See All)
See the Best Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mecca Cosmetica? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.8
  • Return Claim MadeYes (17) · No

Siân
SiânSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fraudulent flagging

I ordered online at Mecca as a repeat customer and received an email AFTER the funds had been taken from my account, stating that my transaction had been flagged fraudulent and asking me to send sensitive personal information. Licence, utility bill. No person in their right mind would hand over their credit card details, licence and utility bill via email. Lost a loyal customer. Hello identity theft. No waiting on a refund.

Date PurchasedMay 2022
Elen18
Elen18MELBOURNE

Damaged product sent. No one responded to email

I bought Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte's Magic Cream and it was sent used! I have sent Mecca three emails and tried calling but gave up at 20 minutes. Not sure how they are still in business if this is how they work. I’m so disappointed

Date PurchasedOctober 2021
Julia
Julia

Very poor online customer service

Recently purchased a skincare product via click and collect. They sold me an item which was due to expire one month from when I bought it. Try as I might to get in touch with them via email, all I get is the same template response. I've escalated to a complaint two weeks ago and zero response. Very disappointed in the sharp decline in customer service of late, COVID is no excuse, it's been 18 months, get your act together.

Date PurchasedJune 2021
NormH
NormHMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Returns are painful and time consuming BE AWARE!!

In order to return a product, you would need to CALL Mecca’s customer care and wait on the line from 20 plus minutes. Once the products are shipped back they will take up to 10/15 days to process your returns. Even though Aus Post notifies you that your return has been delivered to the destination in two days. Also refund returns in store in not an option unless you’re happy to exchange only. This process is purely designed to stop people from returning products. Other competitors like Sephora and Adore beauty has instant online forms to process your returns without making you feel like you’re on the line to Centrelink. They need to up their game.

Date PurchasedAugust 2021

Bee
BeeMt Druitt

Happy with response

I received an order of skin care products. In a Kiehls duo set I purchased the eye cream was missing. I sent a few emails and called customer service asking for my missing item or a refund. Reading the reviews on mecca's customer service I did not thinks the matter was going to be resolved. Whilst it took around 4 days, I did receive a reply offering for my missing item to be sent to me or a full refund. Within 5 minutes or less of my reply with my request they sent an email confirming the product was being sent to me attached with a tracking number. I'm happy with the outcome. I'm definitely confident to order with mecca again.

Date PurchasedJuly 2021
Georgie
Georgie

Terrible Customer Service from Mecca Customer Care

I purchased a product for $130 it is a By Terry Tea to Tan it sprays then doesn’t then clumps and blobs come out fly out . They will not return I sent a video that clearly shows that [Name Removed] said it is not faulty !!!!!!! Will not ever buy from Mecca again ! I was a VIP!!

Date PurchasedJuly 2021
Tina
TinaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unprofessional and rude staff throughout the company, got sold faulty mascara and was refused a an exchange or refund.

Got sold Too faced brand faulty mascara, after number of attempts. The best they could do offer was to fool you around.

Store LocationMecca fountain gate
Date PurchasedMarch 2021
Naomi
NaomiCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excellent Customer Service

I just wanted to take the time to thank my Customer Service Support person Ava, who went above and beyond to assist me with a small product issue.
She was extremely helpful, loving, and excellent communication.
If only there were more people like Ave.
Thank you so much.

Store LocationHigh point Melbourne
Date PurchasedMay 2021

Received defaulted item!

I received my order today and noticed one of the items is defaulted, contacted live chat and horrible customer service, was very rude an refused to send me a replacement of the item after I sent in pictures and explained that there is a risk of contamination of the product, which was a face product. Told me my only option is to send it back or take it to a store to receive a voucher in which I explained I don’t have one close that is the reason for online shopping and that I’m not after a refund or voucher just a replacement of the item I paid for accordingly to the website advertisement. Continued to be rude and refuse.
For a higher end company, it was, in my experience horrible service!

Date PurchasedMarch 2021

Nat
NatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Skin irritation and poor customer service.

Purchased the new vit c serum that has received great reviews. Caused skin irritation with a dermatitis that required steroid cream for me. Similar to a reaction I’ve had with other cheap serums. I’m not sure of the ingredient. My skin is otherwise the least sensitive skin. Mecca refused a refund only offered a replacement. Wrote a review of the product online and they deleted it. Was a factual review but obviously clashed with all the 4/5 star product reviews. Corrupt.

Mrs Eagles
Mrs Eagles Sydney, NSW

Shut down your business - no one should shop online from them

Date PurchasedFebruary 2021
Azhura
Azhura

Great Customer Service from their Canberra Centre store - online not so much

I purchased a product from the Canberra centre store only to return home and find the item was missing from the packaging! I was only passing through Canberra, so I was unable to go back into the store, so I promptly contacted their online web chat to notify them of the error only to be ignored. After 3 days of emailing and web chats I got fed up and called the Canberra Centre staff directly and they organised a replacement then and there. The physical store staff were courteous and kind and the missing item was posted to me and arrived within a week. Your in-store customer service is amazing! However your online customer support is woeful. Please invest in more online resources.

Store LocationCanberra Centre
Date PurchasedAugust 2020

martin
martinPerth, WA

very disappointed

Ordered 2 10ml Portrait of a lady perfume, 2 totally different ones arrived. So I called online Mecca she checked my order and said yes you ordered Portrait of a lady 2 x10ml and paid the asking price of $150.
so please go to your nearest store and exchange it.
Went into Perth city to pick up and was told I have to pay another $50, which I refused because that was not the price when I ordered.
I feel its your mistake and you pay the consequences. Waiting to hear back from you Thank you
I just want what I ordered.

Date PurchasedOctober 2020
CINDY S.
CINDY S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beware of their return policy

Date PurchasedMarch 2020

Pathetic

Absolute crap!!!! They tell you to call customer service for exchange but the customer service line is not taking calls and mecca customer service does not like to reply to emails. Wont shop here again. Dont waste your time and shop at sephora