Mecca Cosmetica

Online store, Physical store, Product Range (See All)
See the Best Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mecca Cosmetica? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Sue GosneyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Colours

Just received my order. Colours of lipstick and eyeshadow are not really what was represented colours much darker. Not your fault Mecca. I’m sure you are trying. Be careful when choosing and understand this may happen. Ps. I also purchased blush and am very happy with the colour.

Atr
AtrSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn’t work

Bought Two Faced extreme lip gloss and definitely doesn’t work. When you first put it on it burns your lips but doesn’t plump them. After a few times it stopped burning all together And not once did I have plump lips . Just do Fillers!

Lost me as a customer on beauty loop level3

Used to love Mecca and buy only from them all the time for years. But lately noticed that every time I go in to purchase a staple that I always use, the price on it rises more and more. I used to be a beauty loop level 3 but now I shop at Sephora or else where. If you guys think that by rising a price on something by $3 every month will be left unnoticed by your customers and at the same time not accepting afterpay because your too cool for it is just wrong. I won't be surprised if your business will go down hill in no time with this attitude.

Tina T.
Tina T.South East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service... do they care?

Suz
SuzSydney

Delivery could be faster

Took a week and half to deliver. Disappointing that there were no notifications/updates on when items would be delivered. Items usually dispatched within a day.

Christy
ChristySydney

More benefits for the members please

I am always happy with products variety from Mecca. Love the customer service. I just dislike how they don't offer discounts and benefits for the members. For example at Sephora, points that I accumulate I can exchange with voucher or products, while Mecca only gives free complimentary makeup service and beauty loop boxes. Also, please add ZipPay/AfterPay to make in-store and online shopping experience better

Kate
KateSydney

I was misinformed by a shopping assistant

I was after Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow but couldn't find it on the shelves so I asked for assistance. A shopping assistant replied that the product was discontinued and suggested looking at some other brands. She couldn't find an individual eyeshadow of the colour that I needed so ended up buying a box of 3 colours two of which I don't use. Several weeks later I browsed their website and was shocked to find the original product that I had asked for available online. Quite disappointed with my shopping experience.

amazing store horrible employees

the best quality store to buy makeup from but every single time i go into any of their stores i get treated like i'm a criminal and get followed around the whole time i'm in there. even after i've spent a lot of money in there and i'm walking out with mecca bags in my hands i get aggressively asked to search my handbag.. makes me feel horrible.

Cookie
Cookie

Online shipped me a used product but instore are willing to exchange

I bought the Too Faced chocolate bar palette online and when it arrived the next day, I open it to find that there are fingerprints in the 2 shades. Not really hygienic and I can't believe they would ship something that has been previously used before. Went into my local Mecca to ask if it was possible for an exchange and they were fine with it. Disappointing since this is the first time I've bought something from them.

Ash
Ash

Better shop online

i love this place and get some of my beauty items from here. However sometimes the staff profile/judge you and it gets crowded. Need to work on better staff

Ugh

Sarahhh345
Sarahhh345AU

Good products bad service

Products are great, would be even better if I had someone to help me find the right ones though lol got the wrong colour foundation

Wendy
WendySydney, NSW

Good online service, horrible in-store experience

Buying from Mecca online is great, fast shipping and well packed. Buying in-store is horrible. I've been to the store in QVB a few times, the staff would rather chat with each other than help customers. Last month I made a purchase on my birthday and tried to get my birthday beauty loop gift from Mecca in QVB. The check-out staff couldn't find it in the system and yelled at me, saying I should have come earlier when it was my birthday. After I said the day was exactly my birthday, she reluctantly threw the gift in the bag for me. Didn't expect being yelled at on my birthday at all.

Chris
ChrisMelbourne

OK

It’s good that they provide samples of products and even accept returns for used products, though staff aren’t always friendly when it comes to these things.

However, I find their ‘reward’ system unsatisfactory, given how much products at their stores cost.
Their Beauty Loop boxes are mostly no use to me, just like their other Beauty Loop offers.

They don’t have sales on products, unless they are trying to get rid of things they don’t want to sell anymore.
Their ‘Price Promise’ doesn’t seem to be that beneficial for us.
I find that other stores have better ‘rewards’ for their customers, such as Sephora, Myer and Priceline.

Overpriced and limited range

Just visiting Aus and was interested to see Mecca's range, especially of fragrance. I found the range OK but the price was at least £18-20.00 more than what you would expect to pay at a department store in the UK (John Lewis), one staff member was really chatty with me, but the other one was a bit grumbly when I asked for a price list. I think the information in the store could also be better displayed. No pricing on fragrance range - nor a visible list and products missing boxes which might lead to spraying yourself with room fragrance in error!

Good for a snoop and a try but would recommend a stroe that promotes loyality and has staff with in-depth expertise of products like a department store with branded concessions.