Medela Contact Nipple Shields

Medela Contact Nipple Shields (page 2 of 2)

sea_windzAU

I used these for attachment issues and a chomper. Without them I would have given up on breastfeeding. Very easy to clean and use. Very effective, my bubs didn't mind them and they helped sort out the attachment issues and reduce the pain. Buy the ones with the storage container for ease of putting them in your handbag/nappy bag.
Easy to use. Thin material but very protective of sore nipples.

Arira

Arira

The Medela brand is generally a good brand overall. This particular brand of nipple shield was recommended to me by one of the lactation consultants at the hospital. The only reason why I didn't buy the Medela brand in the first place was because it was the more expensive one at the chemist. I wish I had have gone with it from day one and save myself a lot of frustration (it was the third product that I tried).
They stay in place for longer periods of time and use. They have good suction, are easy to clean and have a great little compact case to carry around in.
Not much to dislike about this product. This particular shield is more expensive than the other brands, but DEFINATELY worth every cent!

granny_tong

granny_tong

It works well for my bub, it's not too hard to suck on & it stays on my breast. It also comes with a carry case so you can bring it out clean & stylish. 2 sizes available for big & small nipples
Stay on breast well, easy to clean, comes with carry case, 2 sizes available

Breast Pads & Products

Find out how Medela Contact Nipple Shields compares to other Breast Pads & Products

heytherek

heytherek

Good

As far as nipple shields go these ones look a bit more unusual than others on the market. But they do stay on pretty well and it is hard to fault the Medela range of breastfeeding products now available. The nipple shields are fantastic if you have issues with breastfeeding and are very easy to attach. They are easy to clean and I love the fact that you get a little box to keep them in as they can easily become misplaced otherwise.
Easy to clean, come in a handy little box, a great solution if you are having breastfeeding issues, stay on well.

rshie88

rshie88

I used these to feed my Premature baby, we had to use a supply line filled with breastmilk and it slipped into the nipple shield without breaking any contact between the shield and my breast. After tryin the avent nipple shield this is 100 times better than Avent. They maintain great contact, stay in place without tape and having to hold while juggling a baby! I found the air pocket in the end of the shield a little concerning but it did'nt seem to worry my baby or the performance of the product.
They stay where they are suppost to and have a great little carry case
The air pocket in the end of the shield

deb_ash2810

deb_ash2810

These were great and i would not have been still feeding without them. I used them fulltime for 8 weeks until my cracked nipples (craters) healed. I had premie twins that had small mouths and didn't latch well or slipped when they got tired. I then weaned of them with ease after eight weeks. Many people told me not to use them so long but they are the only thing that kept me going. I'm still breast feeding now at 8 months. i have recommened them to other friends who had nipple problems and they have loved them too!!!
These saved my breast feeding life. they are thin and helped relieve pain while also allowing breasts to heal. They come in different sizes S M L.

Mumma2babe

Mumma2babe

I would highly recommend these right from the word go! Use them 'before' you become sore and introduce nipples to feeding slowly! If only I knew about them before I started feeding, life would have been less painful and stressful. They are cheap and fairly easy to come by.
Great product - comfortable, easy to use and really do help to protect sore nipples. I was near breaking point with breastfeeding as it hurt so much but these nipple shields enabled me to heal and continue breastfeeding. They are so soft and pliable that my baby didn't even notice any difference.

See all Medela Contact Nipple Shields reviews