Medela Freestyle

MPNs: 042.001 and 67060T

• Portability
Anne

Anne

Overrated for the price you’re paying

Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Looking for Electric Breast Pumps?

Read the reviews for Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Ad

Not reliable.

When the pump works it works really well. However the connectors are very finicky and regularly don’t work. I frequently have to pump only on one side as the connectors often lose their suction and have to be put back together again. Quite frustrating when you’re trying to pump late at night and you’re time poor

Purchased in December 2018 at Baby Bunting for $400.00.

NicoleM5

NicoleM5NSW, 2745

Not worth the money

This week I purchased the medela freestyle as I was in need of a double pump. It works great......as a single pump! As a double it is absolutely shocking. I have gone through all the trouble shooting, pulled apart and put back together, tried running on battery or mains but there is barely any suction on one side. It doesn't even suck strong enough to get a single drop out of one side, yet is perfectly fine on the other? I wish I had read the reviews and purchased another brand as it seems I'm not the only one with this problem and not one person has had it resolved so that they can effectively use it as a double, just a ridiculously overpriced single

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Medela Freestyle compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Good in theory, not in practice- overall disappointed

Alison Callcott

Price is too high for usage life very sad customer

Was comfortable and easy to use. Given the cost was disappointed after only using for 6 weeks post baby one and the 2 weeks for baby number two. The pump died. I trouble shooters with lend of friend batteries and power cords which appear not the be the problem will not charge and will not turn in. For the price I would expect to get more use. Don’t bother ringing the customer support. I would have to send it back at own cost and repairs at own cost. By the time I pay for all this I would be up for a new pump. Disappointing Medela on a brand I have always supported and boasted about has failed me

Ugh.

Use 7-10 times a day. Have had pump for just over 5 months now.
Have had to replace too many parts.
Too expensive, still paying for parts that stop working.
Loses suction.
Battery no longer holds a charge. only works while plugged in (sucks for travelling).
Would not spend this much money on this pump again.

Medela A.Medela

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your freestyle breastpump. Please note a customer service team member will correspond with you in a private message. Best wishes, customer service.

Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Looking for Electric Breast Pumps?

Read the reviews for Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Ad
Amelia j

Amelia jBallarat

Was okay for the 3 months that it worked

I went from using a symphony in hospital to a swing to a freestyle. When I first used the freestyle it was fantastic until it started losing Suction. I heard buying new membranes would solve the issue another $80 later and no more Suction than before. I rang medela looking for a return/refund because I'm unhappy with the product. I was told by baby bunting that I could not get a refund and the pump was not meant to be used as a double pump and so the motor was burnt out from too much use. I was told I couldn't get a refund but I could get store credit. I have since heard of others getting full refunds from other stores...

meatpie

meatpie

Bad

I bought this hoping that it would save me time expressing (2 pumps) and free my hands to doing other things. However, that's not the case. So if I were to buy again I would have bought a cheaper version of medela with 1 pump.
Portable, came with the belt that you can attach the motor allowing me to move around with it. The suction is good. 2-phase expression does work. Comfortable.
Expensive. The suction is not strong enough when 2 pumps are used simultaneously, defeating the whole purpose of having 2. It's not actually hands-free as the suction is too weak so while using the strap it'll come off. So I still need to use one hand to hold while pumping. The softFit breast-shield turned yellow after a few usage.

Adriana64
Adriana64

Helen

Helenasked

My pump auto shut off in like 5 mins for few time already what should I do now

Hi Helen
We will probably need a little bit more information. Please call our customer service team on 1800 787 345 and we will be more than happy to assist.
Kind regards
Pauline

Chris

Chrisasked

Can this be used as one pump at a time or does both have to be used together?

Keira
Keira

Yes, I think so. Use plastic wrap between shield and breastshield connector. Then you can transfer Freestyle to a single pump

Mandy Y
Mandy Y

Yes, it can be used either one pump or two pumps.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Chris, yes the Freestyle can easily be converted from a double to a single pump and back again simply by unplugging the tubing from one of the pump connectors and plugging it into the square shaped adaptor in the centre of the tubing. This needs to be done to regulate the vacuum otherwise it will be lost out of the side not being used. Thank you Medela Australia.

Nat

Natasked

Are these fixable / good for a service once out of the warranty period?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Nat, generally we do not fix pumps however should the need arise please contact our customer service team to discuss the options available and we will do the best we can to help you. Thanks Medela Australia

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps