Medela Freestyle

• Comfort
Helen

HelenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great pump!

I had to invest in a pump when I had my Bub at 26 + 5. I’ve had to pump 8 times a day for the last three months while she was in the NICU. We also live over an hour from the hospital so the fact I can do this in the car while my husband drives is fantastic.
The pump has been great, battery lasts and portability was a must. The only thing I would say is the strength could be better, but that is comparing it to the hospital ones which isn’t really fair.

Purchased in June 2020 at Baby Bunting.

Ad

Great to keep milk supply going

Kept milk flow going while baby was away for a week. I pump instead of direct breastfeeding so use pump up to 6x a day. Great pump to use for all the expression. Also easy to travel with. Comes with handy bag and cooler
Only downside is to clean and dry all the seperate parts after every use which takes a little bit of time to do it good.
Overall definitely worth the money and life safer for us.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Kristen, thank you so much for taking the time to review our Freestyle pump. We are so happy that it has helped you on your breastfeeding journey.

Best Wishes,
Natasha

Review collected in partnership with Medela

SJE

SJE

Great pump for home use

I have used the Medela Freestyle pump for both of my babies and have had excellent results. It is very simple to use and gentle but still gets ample milk, making expressing a stress free experience. Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a pump.

Purchased in November 2017 for $350.00.

Liv

Liv

Easy to use pump

I have used the freestyle double pump and found it to be effective. I was glad to have the double to make it more time efficient. It is easy to operate and stores in a nice bag.

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting for $398.00.

SStrac

SStracGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great for a busy on the go mum like me

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting for $379.00.

Salena B.

Salena B.Hunter Region, NSW

Gentle and easy to use

Great little pump held its charge really well and was easy to use and gentle. Great for being able to move around and do things when pumping with the use of a pumping bra of course.

Purchased in December 2018.

RegularPumpingMom

RegularPumpingMomNSW

Good portable pump, pump parts are expensive and hard to find

Samantha M

Samantha MChisholm

Great pump

My daughter was born at 32 Weeks so I was pumping every 3 hours from home and whilst at the hospital. I found that I loved the ease of double electric pumping but I would recommend buying a pumping br as well to maximize your ability to complete other chores whilst pumping.

The suction was good and although I had an oversupply it still pulled out so much milk. Only pump I’ve ever owned so can’t comment against others.

CJR

CJR

Great Pump

The medal double freestyle is so easy and comfortable to use. When you are exclusively pumping like I was having the convenience of a double pump was absolutely priceless when you have a newborn. It is easy to clean and transport and I will definetly be using this pump again

Steph

StephMelbourne

Pretty good most of the time

I found it quite comfortable to use the freestyle. The double pumping ability saves so much time! The reason we chose this pump over the swing was the ability to recharge the battery and the memory function. I typically use the prodigy for about 15 minutes at a time and can use it for at least 10 sessions before I need to recharge.

Mr and Mrs Hikers

Mr and Mrs HikersAdelaide

Love it, but something stop working in 2 weeks

angelina

angelinaPerth

its quiet and portable

It is comfortable to use, especially when at work. Suction is good but it does not give a proper sucking to empty out the breasts. Charging is good and the battery lasts a good 10 hours.
it is a relatively convenient machine for portability. However still needs another wall connected milking machine to properly empty the breasts

MartyM

MartyMAdelaide

Simple to use breast pump

Medela was the brand used by the hospital my wife gave birth in, however when purchasing we were told the off the shelve pumps would not be as powerful. My wife can't fault it so far, it's very easy to use, clean and put back together. There is enough suction for two bottles at once, however you have the option to use one at a time if required. There is no noticeable difference using 240v or the battery which allows roughly 8-10 uses of 30 minutes. We have Avent bottles and steriliser kit which the Medela equipment fits in. The only hassle is we mostly use Avent bottles, the Medela kit does not come with teats but can be purchased separately.

Leema

LeemaSydney, NSW

Good one

Got this pump 4 months ago on sale.
Really simple to use.easy to clean.
After delivery, used hospital grade medala pump.
I didnt find much difference between that one and freestyle pump.
Yes it's a bit pricey but it is worth the money.
There are other accessories in the kit which I didn't find very useful.

AppleCrumble

AppleCrumbleSydney, NSW

Almost perfect

Fdove

FdoveSydney

Effective pump

The pump is easy to use and flexible. I only need it for 10 minutes on one breast to pump out 100ml. its such a life saver at 3am in the morning. The only thing I don't like about this pump is that it is a bit loud and sometimes it wakes up the baby during the night. I have to go into a different room for this business.

jacks_b

jacks_bMelbourne

Reliable, easy to use and dependable.

This machine is easy to use, has a great battery life and has worked perfectly for 7 months straight without a single issue. The dual express modes mimicks my babies sucking to ensure I always get a letdown and I’ve always been able to express at a minimum as much as my baby wants to drink - often I get more than I need, which I freeze.
The only downside is that the pump is quite loud, so nighttime expressing without waking baby can sometimes be difficult.
It’s a great pump, if I ever needed a new pump I’d buy this one again without hesitation.

Emma A

Emma A

Can't live without it

After not being able to get my baby to latch properly, this pump has been a lifesaver for me. I love that the pump has a rechargeable battery which means I can easily pump while attending to other tasks. My only criticism is that it's a bit awkward to pick up my baby while pumping due to the design of the pump, but easy to do other tasks.

Good product.

It is very helpful for a new mum. I don’t have too much breastfeeding milk, but this can really help me when I am not with my baby. I have used it for 5 months since my baby was born. The suction is comfortable for me. And the battery can last a long time.

Hi Keira,
Thank you for taking the time to review our product, your comments are appreciated. Please feel free to contact us on 1800 787 345 if your require any assistance.
Best wishes,
Medela customer service

grace

graceTullamarine

A bit expensive but worth it

My husband bought this model for me.I can just pack my pump and pump parts in my regular work bag or a small shopping bag. I leave the large black vinyl bag at home.If you plan to do long term breastfeeding, this product would offer you freedom.I love the convenience of this pump

Hi Grace,
Thank you for taking the time to review our product, we appreciate your feedback.
Best wishes,