Medela Swing Maxi

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
  • Feeding Methods

I wish I had gone through the reviews

Bought this in feb2020 right after delivery from baby bunting, but this pump is frustrating. It only worked on the first day, it has lost suction and i have to keep struggling with the wires, upon examining I be found there are cracks in the connector base. Such a poor make, I wish I could get any other pump, be from medela but durable at least

Purchased in February 2020 at Baby Bunting.

Noise Level
Portability
Suction
Comfort
Usage Frequency Long-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyFrequently (more than once a day)
Feeding Methods Baby Formula
Samia

Thanks Pauline, I have been there, got the equipment checked and they replaced the motor. However I had to buy the new tubing as the warranty doesn’t cover that( as told by the representative at baby bunting)

Medela A.Medela

That's great Samia, I hope you are happier now. Unless you got milk in the tubing there should be no need to replace the tubing.
Kindest regards

JemimaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

faulty replacement parts

Replaced both my valves and because you need to buy a 3 piece because they don’t sell the valves by themselves at a cost of $80. They only last 3 weeks as well, went to the store I bought both the 3 pieces from and they replaced them and then after using it 3 times same fault. Now I’m forced to go back again to see what they are going to do now. I called Medela and they claim that the valves should last 6 months but they don’t. They claimed that they would test the replacement ones and send me some more but when you need to pump all your feeds because your baby is small you don’t have time to wait for the post. It’s really not worth the stress involved in buying this pump or brand.

Purchased in February 2017.

Noise Level
Portability
Suction
Comfort
Usage Frequency Long-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyFrequently (more than once a day)
Feeding Methods Baby Formula and Breastfeeding
Pauline T.Medela
Pauline T.Medela

Hi Jemima
I am unaware of any Medela subsidiary that sells this product separately but if you can give me some more information I am happy to look into it for you.
Kind regards

Amelia

Ameliaasked

Why do I get less supply when I double pump than if I single pump? It’s incredibly frustrating as it’s much more time consuming having to single pump

You should be getting more supply, sounds like their might be an issue with the pump. I had one of these pumps and the connectors were not working properly due to a fault which I believe is due to the design of the connectors, I took the pump back to where I bought it from and they gave me a new connector part but the pump still did not suction properly. I found after washing the connectors a few times (as per the instructions in the manual) that they didn't fit back together well and this affected the suction. I returned the pump back to where I bought it and they contacted Medela and I eventually got my money back. Hope this helps, also if you want a good double pump I recommend hiring a hospital grade Medela Symphony pump as they work really well and have great suction.

Samia

Same here sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t I am fed up with this baby bunting people changed the motor and told to buy a new tube still facing problems with it. I am on baby formula now as my baby has forgotten to latch. I wish I could get a refund or credit towards a good pump

Adel w
Adel w

I find opening and clipping the valve /cap back make some difference between suction. Also the way it fits on boobs. (make sure u have the right size)
You can bring pump to maternal child health nurse, sometimes they can help with breastfeeding trouble shooting.

Good luck!

Reneilwe K.

Reneilwe K.asked

Good morning, I am using the medela swing, it seems to be making a sound but no suction coming through, does it mean it's broken?Johannesburg

Hi Reneilwe

Without further information, it is difficult to determine what the problem may be. If you are in Johannesburg, I would recommend contacting the Medela on (0027) 11 788 9102 or going to the link below to find out how to contact them via email as you have contacted the Australian website.

Warmest wishes

Emilly B.

Emilly B.asked

I bought the swing maxi, have used it once and it has completely lost suction. The parts don’t seem to be sitting flush together which is I think why the suction has gone. I’ve tried so many ways to reassemble but can’t make it work.

Helen P
Helen P

I’m not sure how to help... I’m assuming you’ve checked the instructions? I still only single pump with the double it’s so frustrating

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives