Medela Swing Maxi

• Comfort
  • Feeding Methods

Adel wGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can't live without

Excellent customer service from medela.
Esp when parts are broken / faulty, they send out one immediately with express post! Often for free.

My first pump broke after 2.5 years! Machine faulty. Dint bother to repair it but gave it to someone else to trade in (medela overseas offers trade in programme! Not Australia unfortunately).

Anyways, I Love this double pump. Fast and efficient. Reasonably good suction and works for me.

Can also buy USB connector and connect to power bank / car port and pump on the go.

Good to buy when chemist warehouse has sale. Often can price beat.

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$289.00.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Adel, thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us! We are thrilled that you loved your Swing Maxi pump.

Kindest Regards,
Natasha

DO NOT BUY THIS PUMP!!!

Purchased in April 2020 for A$450.00.

Medela A.Medela

So unhappy I am actually crying.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Ruby
Ruby

Hi Pauline,
Thank you for getting back to me.
I’m going to assume I would need my receipt or proof of purchase for further assistance which I do not have. I have moved from Victoria to Queensland and would not be able to find it.
Thanks anyway.

Hi Ruby
Would you mind contacting our customer service department and ask to speak to Mili?
Warmest wishes

Kirsty

KirstyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can't live without it!

I am so happy with my medela swing maxi double pump it has cut my pumping time in half. the customer service was absolutely amazing when I was having trouble with my pump they immediately sent out a new part for me to use within 1 day :) definitely recommend this pump!!

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$280.00.

Hi Kristy
Thank you for your feedback on our product and customer service. Always great to hear from our customers and lovely that they take time out of their busy schedules to take the time to leave a review.
Best wishes

Waste of Money

I've had so many issues with this pump. I've replaced the connectors three times, purchased new shields however nothing seems to work. There's barely any suction and completely unrealiable. Insanely disappointed as Medela doesn't even want to bother replacing the pump for me.

Purchased in January 2019.

Good and does the job

Bought this as I heard good things about Medella. And used a similar medella one in the hospital after giving birth. Have only used it a few times as a double pump (with a pumping bra otherwise it is impossible to hold). But still use it at least once a day as a single pump. It does the job well. And haven’t had any issues.

Purchased in October 2018 for A$300.00.

Lauren

Lauren

Good easy to use

Easy to use. Can sometimes loose suction when have 2 running at once. Let down feature really good. Great attachments with it. Makes the job of expressing easy and convenient

Purchased in July 2018.

Sylvia C

Sylvia CPerth, WA

pretty good pump

i only use this a few times as I mainly feed from breasts directly, but pumped when i felt i needed to release from full/engorged breasts. they are pretty effective and easy to use. however it is very tiring pumping as i had to use my two hands to hold the pumps manually and i didnt have any free hand and couldnt do anything. i dont enjoy the pumping experience. but great that i could pump from both breasts at once.

Purchased in August 2018.

Medela A.Medela

Waste of money. Product doesn't work as double pump.

Based in NZ. This doesnt work as a double pump. I have had it replaced by medela already - they were quite good to deal with. Believe this is a fault of the overall design not just the particular pumps I have had. Recommend only purchasing their single pump and not wasting money on a double. Really disappointed and not sure what to do now when I go back to work as buying another double pump is a lot of money.

Purchased in June 2018 for A$400.00.

Mandy

MandyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst experience waste of money

I bought the double maxi swing breast pump 3 days ago and thought it will be less time consuming as i can pump both breasts at once. But i was wrong because it works only for one breast and not for the other. I have read the instruction manual thoroughly thinking probably i am doing something wrong but nope i followed each and every instruction step by step. There is no suction at all for one side. Spent extra money for double but still using as single. I wasted my money which i had spent going beyond my financial capacity as we are in hardship but because of health issues i needed a pump so my husband bought this to help me. Feel terrible now.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$280.00.

Hi Mandy
Thank you for your purchase and feedback. Your pump should be pumping on both sides and obviously, Medela also doesn’t find this acceptable. Please contact our Customer Service Department on 1800 787 345.

Megan C

Megan C

Fantastic pump

This is a really easy to use and effective pump. I have used it daily for 12 months and have never had any issues with it. I would highly recommend this pump

Purchased in January 2017.

Hi Megan
Thank you for your review of the Medela Swing Maxi. It is always a pleasure to receive comments and recommendations from happy Customers.

tangera69

tangera69Victoria

A raw and honest take on this pump.

A raw and honest take on this pump. Having been here before with pumping I thought I would invest from a single pump to a double. This does not provide yhe adequate suction as a single pump. Very disappointing. I am now left to use it as a single pump.. double time. Would not reccommend this product. Trust me

Purchased in February 2019 for A$270.00.

JemimaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

faulty replacement parts

Replaced both my valves and because you need to buy a 3 piece because they don’t sell the valves by themselves at a cost of $80. They only last 3 weeks as well, went to the store I bought both the 3 pieces from and they replaced them and then after using it 3 times same fault. Now I’m forced to go back again to see what they are going to do now. I called Medela and they claim that the valves should last 6 months but they don’t. They claimed that they would test the replacement ones and send me some more but when you need to pump all your feeds because your baby is small you don’t have time to wait for the post. It’s really not worth the stress involved in buying this pump or brand.

Purchased in February 2017.

Feeding Methods Baby Formula and Breastfeeding

Hi Jemima
I am unaware of any Medela subsidiary that sells this product separately but if you can give me some more information I am happy to look into it for you.

Useless as a double.

This pump is useless as a double. Since I’ve had it brand new, I have have not been able to use it with sufficient suction as a double. I’ve had replacement suction parts sent and still no good. I’ve also been back and forth with medela about getting it tested - living regionally and having a baby it’s hard to get out to a pharmacy 45 mins away just to test the unit even though I did it once before and found it was tested as singles ... I wouldn’t recommend it.

Purchased in July 2018 at Chemist Warehouse for A$300.00.

JDP

JDP

Fantastic

Much quieter than others. Very simple to use, compact and easy to clean. I replaced the tubes between babies because I used it so much. I'd get this one again.

Purchased in June 2016.

Hi JDP
Thank you for your review of the Medela Swing Maxi. Medela also offers a fantastic warranty of two years on all electric pumps.

Amelia

Ameliaasked

Why do I get less supply when I double pump than if I single pump? It’s incredibly frustrating as it’s much more time consuming having to single pump

You should be getting more supply, sounds like their might be an issue with the pump. I had one of these pumps and the connectors were not working properly due to a fault which I believe is due to the design of the connectors, I took the pump back to where I bought it from and they gave me a new connector part but the pump still did not suction properly. I found after washing the connectors a few times (as per the instructions in the manual) that they didn't fit back together well and this affected the suction. I returned the pump back to where I bought it and they contacted Medela and I eventually got my money back. Hope this helps, also if you want a good double pump I recommend hiring a hospital grade Medela Symphony pump as they work really well and have great suction.

Samia
Samia

Same here sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t I am fed up with this baby bunting people changed the motor and told to buy a new tube still facing problems with it. I am on baby formula now as my baby has forgotten to latch. I wish I could get a refund or credit towards a good pump

Adel w

I find opening and clipping the valve /cap back make some difference between suction. Also the way it fits on boobs. (make sure u have the right size)
You can bring pump to maternal child health nurse, sometimes they can help with breastfeeding trouble shooting.

Good luck!

Reneilwe K.

Reneilwe K.asked

Good morning, I am using the medela swing, it seems to be making a sound but no suction coming through, does it mean it's broken?Johannesburg

Hi Reneilwe

Without further information, it is difficult to determine what the problem may be. If you are in Johannesburg, I would recommend contacting the Medela on (0027) 11 788 9102 or going to the link below to find out how to contact them via email as you have contacted the Australian website.

Warmest wishes

Emilly B.

Emilly B.asked

I bought the swing maxi, have used it once and it has completely lost suction. The parts don’t seem to be sitting flush together which is I think why the suction has gone. I’ve tried so many ways to reassemble but can’t make it work.

Helen P

I’m not sure how to help... I’m assuming you’ve checked the instructions? I still only single pump with the double it’s so frustrating

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives