Medela Swing Maxi

Medela Swing Maxi (page 3 of 8)

3.5

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
  • Feeding Methods
June Wong

June WongAU

Reliable and Efficient

After doing some research, I decided to go with this for the double pump. It can be difficult at first, but once you find your groove, it is fairly easy to use. The only problem I had was water getting into the tubing, so ensure that all attachments are dry before using it. I found that water in the tubing impacted on the sucking action. Nevertheless, it does a good job and only takes about 10-20 minutes.

At full price it is pretty expensive, but keep your eyes open for a deal as they are often on sale at different baby stores.

Jemma L

Jemma L

Love it!

I bought this pump after leaving the hospital. My Bub had to stay in hospital for a week afternoon was discharged so I needed a pump that was reliable, easy to use (especially at 3am when I was tired and didn’t want to think) and was compact enough to sit on the couch or in bed with. I used it roughly for 30 minutes per boob every 4 hours. The pump attachments fit the sterile bottles from the hospital which was handy! It was extremely easy to clean and maintain and was quite comfortable when in use! I’d definitely recommend it to other new Mother’s.

Shayne

ShayneJulie

Value for money

I did a lot of research and this seemed like the best value for money
Being able to double pump saved me time
Being electric saves me exhausting my hands when I was already exhausted from my newborn
Even better if you rig up a sports bra and you dont need hands at all
This machine has been reliable and hope to use it with the second child also

Yummy

YummySydney

Quick

MoniqueJindabyne

Not a fan

I purchased the double pump after spending what felt like forever swapping whilst using the single. Problem was that I found the pump to loose too much power when both sides were on. I actually used the single pump on one side and the double with the hose closed over as a single for the other side. It worked great as a single pump :) I took it for testing at Chemist Warehouse and it seemed to be within the accepted range. Won’t bother buying a double again

Monique

Called them at the time, didn’t help as I had misplaced my receipt. During the newborn months no one has the energy for repeatedly following up

GraemeW

GraemeWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Strongest and Most Convenient Home Based Pump

Disappointed about the product

Fan G

Fan GVIC, 3975

Excellent product

It's comfortable to use for my 1 year use for baby feeding. it is easy to clean and maintain it. I would not be able to do breastfeed without this machine. it has been well known product by all moms. hospital, my friend likes it too.
So far so good.

Teresa V

Teresa VAdelaude

So user friendly!

This machine is great, small and easy to carry around, I'm able to pump two bottles in about 15 mins! The parts are a little annoying to clean but im sure all breast pumps are. I have been using it now for about 8 months and have had no problems with it yet! Very happy with the product :)

KirstyMattPerth, WA

Terrible

KirstyMatt

I am unable to private message you so could you please private message me. Regards, Kirsty.

Beth

BethMelbourne

Loss of suction

I have the double pump and when used as a single it’s fabulous. As a double I just don’t get enough suction.
I’ve tried doing one side at a time to get the positioning right and then Unlooping the tubing to make it a double and it just doesn’t have enough suction. I know this isn’t a parts problem because each side works as a single with no problems.
It seems I wasted that extra money in buying the double and I waste a lot of time trying to get it to work, that I end up using it as a single.
I also need it on max suction as a single to get any milk out .

Eugene

EugeneBribane

Very good

I was gifted with Medela swing maxi and it was very helpful since my son's birth. I had so much of milk produced and I had to express regularly and Medela have been very good. It is very easy to clean and maintain and very easy and comfortable to use. If I have to buy again, I would buy single one as I never tried to use double at once. I'd prefer to pump one at a time and the problem with double is that when I only use one pump, I have to block the other tube so that pumping is working properly. Overall, I would buy this again in the future.

Horrible Product - stopped working in 2 weeks

Jennifer Thomas
Jennifer Thomas
Nicole

NicoleClyde North

Great double pump

I purchased this pump as I didn't have an electric pump first time round. I found it easy to operate, and great and building and boosting supply.
It was easy to clean, and quick to reassemble ready to use again.
If you were planning on solely pumping you may want to look at a stronger hospital grade pump.

treena

treenaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product

This product is comfterbale to use.
I used the machine for a max 30 minutes each time
It was easy to maintain and clean the product as well I would use the product again in the future if I had another baby. It helped allot and would recommend it to other people

Lei

LeiNorthern Region, NSW

Easy to use and clean

I have the double swing. I find it easy to use and easy to clean and sterilise. There aren't too many parts. I wash it in warm water then sterilise every day and haven't had an issue with it. It is reasonably affordable. The cheapest I have seen them is for $315 at chemist warehouse. They are usually around $350-$360. I did have an avent double pump for my first child. I prefer the medela.

Michymonkey

MichymonkeyPerth

Painful after using for 1 month !

After one month I got sore nipples from using this. Suction is not soo strong when using both suction. Had to stop using after two months as it got unbelievable unbearable. Being sleep deprived the many little parts that you have to wash with this machine was hard work. In the end this product put me off expressing milk as it became soo painful. Gave bubs formula instead. Don't want to use it again.

Joyce

JoyceSydney

It's good overall

Bad Points While holding the pumps in place you can't do anything else at all for the time you're pumping. I'm looking at buying a pumping bustier so I can go hands free.
Good points Comfortable and efficient, this has been really useful for me. Baby won't latch in spite of a lot of support from midwives and breastfeeding consultants so I am exclusively pumping. The double pump is a huge time saver and the system is compact and easy to use and clean. Good price $259 from baby bunting when it's on sale I saw eBay had it for $249 as well but didn't want to wait till it ships to me.

Zizu

ZizuPerth

Really great pump

Have loved my Medela Swing pump. The double is so convenient and time saving when you have a new one. It was a bit annoying having to hold it with both hands so you couldn't do anything else at the same time but it's probably my own fault for being stingy and not buying the bra thing!
Used it pretty intensively for a few months and has held up well as have all the accessories. Would definitely recommend.

Medela A.Medela

Poor quality product and service

I do not recommend.
Doesn't suck nearly as well as other brands. Fiddly to assemble.
First pump (swing) was faulty. Terrible service from Medela and Sladr pharmacy where we bought it. Had to really fight for replacement part and the machine still blew up (at 2am on a Sunday morning feed). Had to pay to upgrade to Swing Maxi as store out of swing stock and would not refund as Medela wont refund but replaces parts.
Either the maxi is also faulty or exceptionally bad product. Medela customer service was also appalling. Have now wasted 100s of $$ on medela pumps. Ended up buying Spectra..cheaper and better...at least it works!

Amelia

Ameliaasked

Why do I get less supply when I double pump than if I single pump? It’s incredibly frustrating as it’s much more time consuming having to single pump

You should be getting more supply, sounds like their might be an issue with the pump. I had one of these pumps and the connectors were not working properly due to a fault which I believe is due to the design of the connectors, I took the pump back to where I bought it from and they gave me a new connector part but the pump still did not suction properly. I found after washing the connectors a few times (as per the instructions in the manual) that they didn't fit back together well and this affected the suction. I returned the pump back to where I bought it and they contacted Medela and I eventually got my money back. Hope this helps, also if you want a good double pump I recommend hiring a hospital grade Medela Symphony pump as they work really well and have great suction.

Samia
Samia

Same here sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t I am fed up with this baby bunting people changed the motor and told to buy a new tube still facing problems with it. I am on baby formula now as my baby has forgotten to latch. I wish I could get a refund or credit towards a good pump

Adel w
Adel w

I find opening and clipping the valve /cap back make some difference between suction. Also the way it fits on boobs. (make sure u have the right size)
You can bring pump to maternal child health nurse, sometimes they can help with breastfeeding trouble shooting.

Good luck!

Reneilwe K.

Reneilwe K.asked

Good morning, I am using the medela swing, it seems to be making a sound but no suction coming through, does it mean it's broken?Johannesburg

Hi Reneilwe

Without further information, it is difficult to determine what the problem may be. If you are in Johannesburg, I would recommend contacting the Medela on (0027) 11 788 9102 or going to the link below to find out how to contact them via email as you have contacted the Australian website.

Warmest wishes
Pauline

Emilly B.

Emilly B.asked

I bought the swing maxi, have used it once and it has completely lost suction. The parts don’t seem to be sitting flush together which is I think why the suction has gone. I’ve tried so many ways to reassemble but can’t make it work.

Helen P
Helen P

I’m not sure how to help... I’m assuming you’ve checked the instructions? I still only single pump with the double it’s so frustrating

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives