Medela Swing Maxi

Medela Swing Maxi (page 4 of 8)

3.5

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
  • Feeding Methods
Sophie

SophiePerth

Fantastic

This was great whilst working or away from baby. Never broke, never had any issues with parts or needed to replace anything. Used constantly for over a year many times a day.

Some moisture did get into the tubing but still worked and eventually dried out. Bottles with system were great too.

Ili

IliHervey Bay

Amazing pump & Customer Service

Pump in double time! Motor and power cord have 24 month warranty and their customer service help will withhold the warranty even longer when necessary. All parts that come in contact with breast milk are BPA free, which is a win! I use this machine about 3 times a week, just to top up for family members to be able to feed the baby. It's efficient, quiet, comfortable, and reliable. Great pump!

Jazz Anne

Jazz AnneBrisbane

My Savior

My husband went out & bought this for me after I had severe nipple damage.
It was the best thing since sliced bread to me! Helped me so much to manage my pain & still give my son breast milk too. I used the unit everyday as I expressed breast milk exclusively & loved it. I have quite large boobs (F cup size) so this was great to use in combination with the brassiere so I didn't have to hold my boobs up (which are heavy).
HIGHLY reccomended!

Chloe randall

Chloe randallBerwick

Love. Love. Love

This breast pump is very comfortable, I had no pain or discomfort whist using it.
I used the pump everyday for 5 months.
Very easy to take apart, put back together and clean. Very portable easy to take anywhere and use.
I would defently use this breast pump again during my next pregnancy.

Aden

AdenSydney

Portable and convienient

Originally used the single but if you value your time would recommend getting the swing maxi. Haven't had any problems with it and is easy to move around and clean up afterwards. It is a tad more pricey than other brands especially if you need to buy additional Medela bottles or parts.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Aden, we really appreciate your feedback and for taking the time out of your busy schedule. If we can help with anything else please feel free to contact our customer service team on freephone 1800 787 345. Thank you Medela Australia

Louie

LouiePerth

Mobile double pump

Good quality and easy to use, comfortable. Accessories are widely available and easy to keep clean. Can be used plugged in or on battery which is great when you want to be able to move around the house - attach it to the waist band of your pants, I use a cheep bra with holes cut out to hold the pump in place whilst I potter around the house. effective as a double pump. Can be used as either double or single. compact and good for traveling or taking with you if / when needed.

Kai

KaiPerth

Bought the double but ended up using one side only

Used for 8 months. Bought the two pack to save time but wife says the suction is reduce when using two, she ended up blocking the second tube and using one side . Wife got sore nipples from use, had to find different size shields which are additional cost and expensive!

Medela A.Medela

Good, portable but very loud and noisy.

Spent top dollar on Medela Swing Maxi (the double electric pump), plus I bought the boob tube top for portable use! I’ve used it 1-3 times per day for 3 months. The positives are that it’s portable, and easy to use, clean. The negatives is that you need to always lean forward so that the your milk drips down into the bottle. Then it’s frustraing to constantly ensure the suction is tight around your nipple. On the high setting it takes 45min to 75mins to express (personally) which I guess depending on individual milk supply times may vary and finally it’s very loud and noisy which is very annoying.

Natalie T

Natalie TMelbourne

Good but under expectation

It is comfortable to use. You can choose the best modes suits you. It did the job ok but it takes really long. Normally i use It for at least half an hour. It is easy to clean. If you have to use it at work, the battery finished very quickly. I feel it’s a bit noisy when it’s doing the job. But it’s still a good product compare to other brand. I heard the hospital grade medela works better. But you can not get it anywhere. I will use this one in the future unless I find something better.

JOZ

JOZ

worth the money

It was quite easy to use but it would have been better if it some support without holding onto the bottles for the duration as sometimes it may take a bit longer, about 30-45 mins. It was fairly easy to clean and I only plug the unit to the wall each time I used so I didn't check/test the pump using batteries. I've used it for about 20mins - still was using it while breastfeeding as I wanted to store some in freezer for backup.

Ray

RayMelbourne

Best Breast pumps

Very comfortable to use and easy to use. Firm cups and gentle pressure. Use it everyday and gets the job done. Easy to clean and stores easily. Accessories are easy to be found and not expensive. I will definitely use this again in the future and recommend it to anyone.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Ray, thank you for the glowing review and we are delighted with your experience with Swing maxi. If we can help with anything else please feel free to contact our customer service team on freephone 1800 787 345. Thank you Medela Australia

Lungby

LungbyMelbourne

Portable and easy to use

I'm happy with this product but admittedly I haven't tried any other pumps. I found that it works as expected although I haven't used both pumps at the same time (finding time to pump is difficult enough; let alone worrying about having both hands occupied). It's a little noisy (again, I have nothing to compare it to) but I like that you have the option of running it on batteries for those times you're out without access to a power point.

cat

catWestern District, VIC

Great breast pump

The breast pump is so useful, specially when i was overseas for three weeks. I used the pump mostly when bub was 3-6 months, pump the breast milk into the storage bag and put into the freezer for later. It was very easy and comfortable to use. The suction level can be adjust.

S L

S LAU

Serves its purpose but is noisy

I bought this because I was tired of manual pumping. It definitely makes life easier. I found that pumping two at the same time didn’t allow me to use any of my hands so I’ve stuck to pumping one at a time. That way I can browse the internet while pumping. It is noisy. I use it while bubba’s asleep with music playing in the room.

RLCD09

RLCD09Sydney, NSW

Still good as new!

I have been using the Swing Maxi exclusively for 13 months, multiple times a day, and it is still good as new. I haven't needed to replace any parts and have maintained it with hot soapy water - so easy! It's a little more expensive than others on the market but given its a double pump (halving your pumping time) and it's made well, it is definitely worth the investment.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Double pumping is a great way to save time, your comments are appreciated.
Best wishes,
Medela customer service.

Rose

RoseVictoria Place

Best one after the hospital grades.

The pump is great - is very easy to operate and fit. Quite powerful as well. The best one after the hospital grade ones. Initially bought tommie tippie but was terrible and returned strait away. Quite satisfied with this product. It sure is a bit expensive though thats the only downside. And had some issues with one of the pumps but they were quite happy to fix/change it for us. Very easy to clean and maintain too. Have packed it to use nx time. Totally recommend.

Hi Rose,
Thank you for taking the time to review our product, I am glad the retailer was able to help with any issues you had. Please feel free to contact us on 1800 787 345 if you require any assistance.
Best wishes,
Medela customer service.

Good mum

Good mum

Perfect

Bought the product before baby born
And bring it to my work Place, use it twice a day during working time
Swing maxi can do double pumping, save time.
And normal when express one breast, the other one will have breath milk come out. But swing max address the issue

Tess

TessMelbourne

It’s okay

This Medela pumping machine is okay. I bought it from baby expo and it was on sale when I was pregnant. I heard about this brand long time and I expected to work as well as this brand is so famous. But I found it made really loud noises when I was using and it couldn’t really help me to pump the breast milk comfortably.

Renee J

Renee JHobart, TAS

Not strong enough

I bought the Medela knowing that my hospital used them. The hospital grade double worked well. Unfortunately this one isn’t strong enough to pump both sides at the same time. I have had to use it as a single. My Lactation Consultant advises that that was a common complaint of her patients!

Jess x

Jess xPerth

Much needed if planning to breastfeed

Amelia

Ameliaasked

Why do I get less supply when I double pump than if I single pump? It’s incredibly frustrating as it’s much more time consuming having to single pump

You should be getting more supply, sounds like their might be an issue with the pump. I had one of these pumps and the connectors were not working properly due to a fault which I believe is due to the design of the connectors, I took the pump back to where I bought it from and they gave me a new connector part but the pump still did not suction properly. I found after washing the connectors a few times (as per the instructions in the manual) that they didn't fit back together well and this affected the suction. I returned the pump back to where I bought it and they contacted Medela and I eventually got my money back. Hope this helps, also if you want a good double pump I recommend hiring a hospital grade Medela Symphony pump as they work really well and have great suction.

Samia
Samia

Same here sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t I am fed up with this baby bunting people changed the motor and told to buy a new tube still facing problems with it. I am on baby formula now as my baby has forgotten to latch. I wish I could get a refund or credit towards a good pump

Adel w
Adel w

I find opening and clipping the valve /cap back make some difference between suction. Also the way it fits on boobs. (make sure u have the right size)
You can bring pump to maternal child health nurse, sometimes they can help with breastfeeding trouble shooting.

Good luck!

Reneilwe K.

Reneilwe K.asked

Good morning, I am using the medela swing, it seems to be making a sound but no suction coming through, does it mean it's broken?Johannesburg

Hi Reneilwe

Without further information, it is difficult to determine what the problem may be. If you are in Johannesburg, I would recommend contacting the Medela on (0027) 11 788 9102 or going to the link below to find out how to contact them via email as you have contacted the Australian website.

Warmest wishes
Pauline

Emilly B.

Emilly B.asked

I bought the swing maxi, have used it once and it has completely lost suction. The parts don’t seem to be sitting flush together which is I think why the suction has gone. I’ve tried so many ways to reassemble but can’t make it work.

Helen P
Helen P

I’m not sure how to help... I’m assuming you’ve checked the instructions? I still only single pump with the double it’s so frustrating

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives