Medela Swing

Medela Swing Questions & Answers

33 questions from our users

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Meital

Meitalasked

Hi,
I just bought Medela Swing (single) and I don’t seem to understand something basic- I do know you can use it either with the plug-in or with the batteries but isn’t there a need to give it an initial charge (of 24 hours like it goes with the Freestyle I used to have, before it was unfortunately broken beyond repair)? Can I use it straight away after I bought it (plugged in) or should there be an initial charging time prior to first use?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Meital, thank you for reaching out! Because your Swing requires powering up with either batteries or mains power, you cannot 'charge' it as such, unlike the Freestyle which has a re-chargable battery. Your Swing pump is ready to use as soon as you receive it, either using batteries or plugged into mains power.

Hope this helps!

For further information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kind regards,

Amy G.

Nope, she’s ready to go. Just plug into the mains power and get pumping :)

Ruby D.

Ruby D.asked

I have a medela swing pump and need the tubing and accessories. Will the accessories for the symphony fit and work on my swing pump?

Silvia Ulivelli
Silvia Ulivelli

Hi Ruby.
I don’t think they would fit. The entrance of the tubing I think is different and the connector as well. If you have a friend who has the simphony try the accessories out and see.
Good luck

Medela A.Medela

Hi Ruby, thank you for your question! Yes, you can use the Symphony connector and tubing and connect to your Swing pump however, as the tubing is longer for the Symphony pump, it may affect the suction. If you require further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kibetu Y.asked

Hi, I tried using the medela swing with batteries but No success. What could the problem be? Are there medela batteries? I really need this solved. Thanks

Amy G.

Did you put the batteries in the right way? Any batteries would work as Medela don’t make them. I’ve had no problems with my swing.

Kibetu Y.

Thanks for your reply , yes I did put them in right. First time I’m trying it with batteries!

Kibetu Y.

Does it need to be plugged? I really need it to work ASAP for tomorrow!

caroline

caroline asked

My pump has ZERO suction. The tubing is not creating any sort of pump sensation, and it's driving me bonkers.
I have cleaned the foamy bit inside the motor, the white valve is clean, intact and flush to the device. I have tried to do the washing out trick with warm soapy water, but as there is zero suction, the tubing doesn't suck up anything! HELP!

thanks

Medela A.Medela

Hi Caroline, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with suction with your Swing pump and the stress this has caused you. Please contact our customer service team who will do everything they can to help with the current issues you are experiencing. You can reach them by calling 1800 787 345 or by emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Craig W.

Craig W.asked

Do the Mandela Swing batteries charge while it's plugged into the mains?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Craig, thank you for reaching out. The batteries will not charge whilst the Swing pump is plugged into mains power. The pump can only be used by either being plugged into mains power or by using batteries that need to be replaced after they have died.

Kind regards, Natasha

Shyam Kottegoda

Shyam Kottegodaasked

I purchased a Medela swing single. it consumes so much time to pump with a single side. I want to know whether I can replace the single line with a double line?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Shyam, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the Swing single motor is not designed for double pumping and not strong enough to pump two breasts at once. If you are wanting to double pump, you would need either the Swing Maxi Flex or the Freestyle Flex pumps.

Kindest regards,

Charlene F.

Charlene F.asked

I purchased a new medela swing in 2016, only used it with my one baby for about 8 weeks, in 2018 when I wanted to use it again, it was not sucking properly (at about 50%). My husband took it to the Medela SA in Randburg and they couldn't figure out anything, so I couldn't use it with my second baby. There are no parts available to replace. How can there be no one who can fix such an expensive pump or replace parts ?? Its still a new pump

Maheshika M.
Maheshika M.

hi, I bought a meddle swing single pump and it was working fine for about month. Later, it had less suction and I replaced it with a new one from the purchaser. but now the second one is also having less suction power and I don't express enough milk. is it possible to get another replacement?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Charlene and Maheshika, we are very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Swing pump suction. Please contact our customer service team who will be able to assist you and help to resolve the issues you are experiencing by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Muzammil R.

Muzammil R.asked

The best breast pump?
Can you tell me (from your own experience) which is the best breast pump? Do you know the cost of it as well?

Thanks :)
find a site https://www.toycycle.co/product-category/gear/feeding/ sale used pump. any tell can buy used pump or not .... plz suggest me....

Samantha P.asked

Hello! I have a Medela Swing electric pump and I'm looking for new parts and currently I can find only the Symphony single pump set. Would it be compatible with my Medela Swing pump?

Hi Samantha
Thank you for your email. You can find all the parts you need at Medela Store if you use the link below.
Should you have any problems please call our customer service team on 1800 787 345
kindest regards

Thank you!
But it is the single kit of Symphony compatible with the Swing pump?

Hi Samantha
No, it is not compatible but some of the parts such as the valve, membrane, breast shield and bottle can be used but you will need to buy a connector and tubing. If you are in any doubt please call our customer service department and they will provide you with the part numbers you need.

Elizabeth K.

Elizabeth K.asked

Can medela symphony double pump parts connect to a medela pump in style advanced motor?

Hi Elizabeth
Thank you for your email. The symphony pump tubing is not compatible with the pump in style. You can, however, purchase the pump in style tubing at medelastore.com.au on the following link:
kind regards

Ester

Esterasked

I've got a Swing Double Pump and I've rented a Symphony. With Symphony, milk will come out but it won't with Swing. What can I do to make milk come out with Swing?

Hi Ester
Thank you for your question. It may be best to speak to our customer service team regarding this question as there are quite a few questions we would need to ask you.
When selecting a pump deciding if it is the right pump for you depends on how often you expect to be pumping, and where you are in your lactation journey.
If you prefer you can have a look at the link below.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 787 345
Warmest wishes

Rea

Reaasked

Hi there, I have a double swing electric. I have started using it a week ago. I was using a hospital grade pump before this for 5 weeks. It was easy and quick taking no more than 20-30mins for both sides from a full breast to empty.
Since using my medela I am pumping for an hour. I don’t get any milk coming out for at least 20mins. I am massaging and assisting milk to come out but the pump is just not getting anything out in any timely fashion. It’s very frustrating.
Is this normal as my breasts are full or is there a fault with my pump???????

Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Hi Rea, it sounds like there may be a fault with your pump if you’re pumping for that long without much milk being expressed. (Keep in mind that if you’re still in early days of breastfeeding Bub, you may not be expressing a lot anyway, but every little bit helps Bubs and encourages greater milk flow.) You may have already tried this... it’s imperative to have a good suction so try wriggling the suction cup around to expel the air first. Once the air is expelled, keep the Medela firmly in place. If you think it may be a lactation issue, perhaps use a heat pack on your breast (they have special hot/cold ones specifically for breastfeeding). Finally, I’ve personally found that using mains to power the swing is more reliable than batteries. If none of these help, I’d recommend getting an exchange. Do persevere, it’s worth it. Good luck!

Hi Rea
Thank you for your email. An hour does seem an excessive length of time to be double pumping. Please return your Swing Maxi to the place of purchase. If they have a testing kit they will be able to ascertain if the problem is with the actual motor of the pump or the connectors.
Alternatively please contact Medela Customer Service on 1800 787 345 and we will be only too happy to help.

Mary

Maryasked

Hi, my Medela swing was working fine until recently. It works good when plugged in but keeps cutting out when using batteries. I have tried changing the batteries and there is no water in the system. Not sure how to fix it??

laurenorrett
laurenorrett

Yeah I usually keep mine plugged in. I think you need really good batterys. Maybe shoot medela an email, ask if they have any advise.

Hi Mary
Thank you for your email. Medela recommends using high-quality alkaline batteries. From a good set of batteries, you will get 2-3 pumping sessions.
We would recommend using the Swing plugged in if you possibly can and use the batteries occasionally or when travelling etc.

Anon

Anonasked

Hi, I have the maxi double swing and was wondering if the symphony double parts would fit?

Hisham R.

Hisham R.asked

Hi my medela swing pump was working wonderfully and suddenly will am pumping suction become less and the noise became quieter does that mean problem in the motor i changed the valve and membrane

buthaina r.

buthaina r.asked

Dear
I have bought double swing breast pump from USA and I am living in Oman country I want to use this device, however, friend of mine told me that this device is suitable only for USA is that correct?!!!
What about the volt is suitable to be used in Oman?
What can I do?
Please help

Hi Buthaina
You will need to check the voltage on your pump. If your pump is a dual voltage (110-220 volts), you will just need a travel adaptor.

MeDe

MeDeasked

Currently I have medela swing single pump and would like to extend it to a double pump. Can I simply buy tubing for that goal (one imput, two outputs) and connect it to my swing pump or it would not work ? Would the power be sufficient? Can you suggest me any of your product pumps for double breast pumping in case my proposed solution would not work, so I can decide on alternative solution.

Hi MeDe
Our double pumps are designed to double pump, therefore have a much stronger motor. A swing single cannot be adapted for use as a double pump. Medela has two types of double pumps, the Swing Maxi and Freestyle.
See link below.

Kate

Kateasked

I have just tried the swing single pump for the first time and only about 2 drops came out but i must have a good supply as my 4 week old put on 520g in the last 2 weeks. Could it be because my nipples measure about 17mm so i need a smaller nipple shield? I had no pain or discomfort and tried on each side for a couple of minutes.

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives