Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 2 of 31)

• Portability
    • Baby Formula (7)

dsharma

dsharmaSydney, NSW

Its fantastic

I used it when i gave birth to have breaks from BF and they are great. Just at times there would be some muck in the pipe and its sooo difficult to get rid of it. its a little bit noisy so you cant be in the same room as your sleeping baby.

Purchased in April 2017 at Baby Bunting for $250.00.

Usage Frequency Long-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyOccasionally (once a day or less)

May

May

Great portable option

This pump is wonderful when out and about! Compact to pack up and discreet to use at high tea, dinner or even at the movies... Just make sure you remember all the parts!

Purchased in April 2017.

Fel

FelSydney, NSW

Nothing can’t go wrong with it

First time for me to use this breast pump. It has good quality and save a lot of time compare to the previous one i had. Price is higher than others.

Purchased in October 2018.

Usage Frequency Short-term
garth k.

garth k.

Gets the job done

The medela swing pump is simple, easy to use and clean. I prefer to use it plugged into the mains as the batteries start to run out fairly quickly and reduce suction.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Jeee2

Jeee2Sydney, NSW

Best gift ever

I got this as a gift and I couldn’t be happier with it and it works great with me but unfortunately the paid in the rubber sometimes hurt so you guys just buy the protection pads but for new born mother perfect gift

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $399.00.

Ale M.

Ale M.Sydney, NSW

So-so

I purchased this as a couple of girlfriends are also using it. It’s so-so, I hand express after pumping and still get quite a bit afterwards, so I feel like it’s not that good. It’s easy to clean but the tubes does have some water in them.

Purchased in January 2018.

Mika

Mika

Good and reliable

I use this 3-4 times a day, very easy to disemble and clean, quite compact and pretty quiet. I never used it portable so don’t know what it’s like on the go. I do find I can usually pump more with hospital grade pump though. But would recommend this to anyone. Maybe even a double pump instead of single would be better.

Purchased in September 2018 for $300.00.

Feeding Methods Baby Formula and Breastfeeding

ShellPerth, WA

Slow but does the job

I use this pump twice a day.
It does the job but it takes over 30 mins each side.
I have been using for 8 months and the motor seems to be wearing out. Its getting slower and louder.
Easy to use and clean.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $260.00.

Shell

Hi, I dont use batteries at all. Just directly to the main power. I bought it from baby bunting so I cant see them helping to be honest.

Hi Shell
As long as you have a valid receipt they should be able to assist you.
kind regards

Courtney VSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use and pretty good pump but not working after 5 days

I bought the double pump straight out of hospital with my bub and was using 8 times a day due to poor latch and supply. Started off great but after 5 days it basically broke, suddenly the pump lost about 70% suction and couldn’t get any milk out. The two days I was without a pump was terrible for my supply. I borrowed my sisters which was the same pump and it had served me well 3 months on, but it breaking so quickly was so disappointing consider it’s not cheap. Keep your receipt! I haven’t done anything yet about it so I cannot comment on customer service

Purchased in November 2018 at Chemist Warehouse.

Feeding Methods Baby Formula and Breastfeeding
Courtney V

To add, it turn out it was the tubes that were the issue. An easy replace but not great that they needed it in less than a week

Karrissa

Karrissa

Fantastic product.

This pump is amazing! I love that you can plug it in to a power point at home or use batteries if you are out and about and need to pump! Very comfortable while pumping.

Purchased in February 2015 for $250.00.

Usage Frequency Short-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyOccasionally (once a day or less)

Dani

DaniPerth

Great Breast Pump

dmn

dmnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Machine. Easy to use.

Hi dmn
Thank you for your email and review of the Medela Swing. It is always nice to hear our customers responding in such a positive way.

Laura

LauraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad for a small pump, easy to transport and use with batteries

This breast pump served me well - it was a good pump and did help with expressing breast pump at home. It was fairly comfortable but did make a lot of noise in my opinion. I ended up hiring a hospital grade pump for the first month or so then used this one. I really liked. Ring able to use it with the cord and just batteries. It was really good when we went away for trips, the pump was small and light enough to take. Parts were easy to clean. I was quite satisfied with the amount of milk I got expressing but did find it a little loud to use.

Renee

ReneeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy

I used this pump for 2 months while my son was in hospital. It is fantastic i could pin it to me and walk around to do things while pumping still, its light and compact. The children's hospital also have the larger version of these pumps and this little thing is just as good. Definitely will recommend to others.

Ney

NeyBrisbane

Prefect for pumping.

Very comfortable and effective as a first time mum, very gentle on the nipples. I used it daily after the birth of my daughter - expressed so her father could also experience feeding our child. I didn't travel with it as most time expressing was at home however it did does come in a handy bag with a little bottle stand (with the adapter or battery operated) some nights I would just use the battery operated mode and I didn't like cords around sometimes and the battery lasted a long time for pumping.

I was satisfied with the amount able to express for my daughter.

Chris

Chris

Really good.

Was very comfortable, easy to use and portable!
I used this pump anywhere from 5-10 times a day and I found it really great at keeping my supply up.
I used this pump and a pump from the hospital and found it just as effective.
The only downside is having to pump one side at a time

Roo

RooMelbourne

Good pump to start with

This was the first time i used some electric breast pump, and settled on medela swing. What i really like about the pump is its suction and let down function. You can adjust the speed and suction of the pump as per the requirement. Definitely helps to express more milk. The packaging itself was quite impressive as it provided with all the essentials. May be i found it bit noisy at the time other than that highly recommend this products.

Hi Roo
Thank you for your review of the Medela Swing breast pump. It is always lovely to hear positive feedback from our Customers.

Dee

DeeSouthern highlands nsw

Great and compact breast pump

My friend gifted me this pump.
It is Easy to use and small which is good for travelling with. Can also use with 4xAA batteries.

The only annoying thing is that Occasionally the pump doesn't pump. It is weak pumping and not sufficient to do the job. I sterilise the part that attaches to the pump and this works and this is what I assume is the problem.
The only other issue is that I use the bottle
For breast milk and formula. I can't mix formula in the bottle because it is not rubber sealed and leaks everywhere when I shake the bottle.
Another minor issue is that when sterilising the bottle as recommended, the medela branding on the bottle has progressively faded.
Other than that great electric pump.

Courty

Courty

Love this product!

This breast pump is fantastic! I have recently changed brands and the Medela is nice and quiet to use. It pulls apart easily which makes cleaning a breeze and I find it small and compact so it is easy to travel with. It is also comfortable while expressing around the clock as my old breast pump gave me blisters!!! Love it!

Jessica V

Jessica VMelbourne

A great buy!

This pump is great! So easy to use and it is portable - definitely well worth the money. It is comfortable to use, the spare parts and bottles are very easy to get if you need, available in a lot of store. I was using it heaps when my son was fully breast fed before solids, I took it to work and used it at least 3 times a day.

Ester

Esterasked

I've got a Swing Double Pump and I've rented a Symphony. With Symphony, milk will come out but it won't with Swing. What can I do to make milk come out with Swing?

Hi Ester
Thank you for your question. It may be best to speak to our customer service team regarding this question as there are quite a few questions we would need to ask you.
When selecting a pump deciding if it is the right pump for you depends on how often you expect to be pumping, and where you are in your lactation journey.
If you prefer you can have a look at the link below.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 787 345
Warmest wishes

Rea

Reaasked

Hi there, I have a double swing electric. I have started using it a week ago. I was using a hospital grade pump before this for 5 weeks. It was easy and quick taking no more than 20-30mins for both sides from a full breast to empty.
Since using my medela I am pumping for an hour. I don’t get any milk coming out for at least 20mins. I am massaging and assisting milk to come out but the pump is just not getting anything out in any timely fashion. It’s very frustrating.
Is this normal as my breasts are full or is there a fault with my pump???????

Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Hi Rea, it sounds like there may be a fault with your pump if you’re pumping for that long without much milk being expressed. (Keep in mind that if you’re still in early days of breastfeeding Bub, you may not be expressing a lot anyway, but every little bit helps Bubs and encourages greater milk flow.) You may have already tried this... it’s imperative to have a good suction so try wriggling the suction cup around to expel the air first. Once the air is expelled, keep the Medela firmly in place. If you think it may be a lactation issue, perhaps use a heat pack on your breast (they have special hot/cold ones specifically for breastfeeding). Finally, I’ve personally found that using mains to power the swing is more reliable than batteries. If none of these help, I’d recommend getting an exchange. Do persevere, it’s worth it. Good luck!

Hi Rea
Thank you for your email. An hour does seem an excessive length of time to be double pumping. Please return your Swing Maxi to the place of purchase. If they have a testing kit they will be able to ascertain if the problem is with the actual motor of the pump or the connectors.
Alternatively please contact Medela Customer Service on 1800 787 345 and we will be only too happy to help.

Mary

Maryasked

Hi, my Medela swing was working fine until recently. It works good when plugged in but keeps cutting out when using batteries. I have tried changing the batteries and there is no water in the system. Not sure how to fix it??

laurenorrett
laurenorrett

Yeah I usually keep mine plugged in. I think you need really good batterys. Maybe shoot medela an email, ask if they have any advise.

Hi Mary
Thank you for your email. Medela recommends using high-quality alkaline batteries. From a good set of batteries, you will get 2-3 pumping sessions.
We would recommend using the Swing plugged in if you possibly can and use the batteries occasionally or when travelling etc.
Pauline

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives