Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 2 of 25)

Listing monitored by Medela

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
Rachel S.
Rachel S.South East Queensland, QLD

Couldn’t live without it

This pump is amazing. It’s comfy, easy to use and has lasted for two children with a third on the way. It’s still in great condition despite lots of use.

Usage Frequency Long-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyFrequently (more than once a day)
Feeding Methods Baby Formula

Hannah
HannahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It has good suction, doesn’t hurt your nipples, works quickly and pumps easily. Easy to clean as well, which is a bonus. Highly recommend, better than others I have used.

Purchased at Baby Bunting Physical store for $160.00.

Sibila C.
Sibila C.Perth, WA

I used the Medela swing post natally for 7 months and found it very functional and easy to use. Considering the ones I had used in hospital the swing was still very powerful and was easy to clean and maintain!

Purchased at Baby Bunting.

Hi Sibila
Thank you so much for your very positive review. The team at Medela really enjoy and appreciate reading and receiving these and also knowing that our customers are happy with their purchase.

Jane L.
Jane L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works well but always dies

This is my second medela swing. The pump works well but the milk often travels up the plastic tubing into the unit- and you have to unplug it to clear it out. The but has died- will not punk anymore. I can’t return it as I bought it with my older child. I will not be buying another from all accounts for spectra is the one to go for.

Purchased in June 2017 at Baby Bunting for $299.00.

laurenorrett
laurenorrettPerth, WA

Best investment ever

I didn’t realise how hard it was to get my milk it. It wasn’t until day 5 and the midwife told me to go buy one of these to stimulate the flow. It worked like a dream and I’ve used it everyday since. I will put 8oz each morning with this bad boy! Plus feed my little one. It was a great help to my milk supply.

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting for $260.00.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Hummingbird
HummingbirdSouthwest, VIC

Essential if you have trouble lactating!

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $190.00.

Larns
LarnsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love the Medela Swing

The Medela swing is everything you need in a breast pump. I use it almost everyday to pump excess milk to avoid mastitis and blocked ducts. It is quick, quiet, small and i'm able to express 180ml in less than 5 minutes. I bought the pack that came with the bottle and lid. Only thing that would make it better is an extra bottle - one is quite limited. I'd also recommend having options for different size nipple shields as the one in the box was too small for me.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bedding Physical store for $180.00.

NicoleSydney, NSW

Did well at first but then MOLD!

It worked well and I really liked it! At first.
I packed it away after not needing it anymore, I have recently pulled it out a month after packing it away and pumped some milk. The tab got stuck (understandably as it was sitting for a while) and milk got sucked into the machine. I opened it up straight away to find mold!!! I Won’t use it anymore and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Purchased in January 2019 for $300.00.

Nicole

Thanks for the reply, I did replace tubing and the sponge and continued to use it. It is a bit of a hassle still. I still like the pump when it comes to expressing the milk.

Medela A.Medela

Thanks, Nicole should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service. We will be only too happy to assist.

Lisa S.
Lisa S.

Best pump ever

I loved my medella swing when I was breast feeding! Previously had tried the advent one and it wasn’t nearly as good as this. Can be used with batteries so you can take it anywhere.

Purchased for $200.00.

lishylee
lishylee

Amazing product.

This pump is very confortable and effective to use. I have used this pump daily for months with no issues with suction etc. It is so handy to travel with, I have purchased four AA batteries that I recharge and use at home and travelling and this function is invaluble to not be stuck to a wall. It is a bit louder than the medela symphony that I used in hospital and also rented for a few weeks before I realised I would definetely benefit from owning one, the noise is no issue though and I would purchase this again as I am very happy with it. I am very happy with how much I am able to express with this product even now 9 months pp.

Purchased in November 2018 at Chemist Warehouse.

Gia J.
Gia J.

Best pump ever

After trying 3 pumps I can say this is the best!
You can clip it into your shorts and walk around the house doing stuff while pumping.
I’d recommend to anyone

Purchased in December 2018 at Chemist Warehouse for $200.00.

Jillian
JillianHobart, TAS

So easy and effective

This is so simple and nice to use compared to others I've used with my first born that can be so confusing and frustrating. Soo basic to use but works amazing. The hospital where i live use medela so it's a no brainer they're great. Easy to use on the go as they aren't bulky. They're also quiet. My medela swing was what got me through 4 months of exclusively pumping. So easy to pull apart and clean with minimal parts

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $200.00.

Ellie
ElliePerth, WA

Please do your research beforr buying

I wish I'd have done my research before buying this. 6 weeks in and I've have 2 membrane replacements and a pump replacement. I have been begging for a refund on this unreliable product but they keep sending me replacements. Having now researched this product I can see it is plagued in problems, with others unable to claim a refund despite the product being faulty. If this review saves one other person from buying this product, or atleast doing their research before purchasing, then it was worth it. Ive since purchased the Spectra breat pump which has stronger, reliable suction and is more comfortable.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $324.99.

dsharma
dsharmaSydney, NSW

Its fantastic

I used it when i gave birth to have breaks from BF and they are great. Just at times there would be some muck in the pipe and its sooo difficult to get rid of it. its a little bit noisy so you cant be in the same room as your sleeping baby.

Purchased in April 2017 at Baby Bunting for $250.00.

May
May

Great portable option

This pump is wonderful when out and about! Compact to pack up and discreet to use at high tea, dinner or even at the movies... Just make sure you remember all the parts!

Purchased in April 2017.

Usage Frequency Long-term

Fel
FelSydney, NSW

Nothing can’t go wrong with it

First time for me to use this breast pump. It has good quality and save a lot of time compare to the previous one i had. Price is higher than others.

Purchased in October 2018.

garth k.
garth k.

Gets the job done

The medela swing pump is simple, easy to use and clean. I prefer to use it plugged into the mains as the batteries start to run out fairly quickly and reduce suction.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Jeee2
Jeee2Sydney, NSW

Best gift ever

I got this as a gift and I couldn’t be happier with it and it works great with me but unfortunately the paid in the rubber sometimes hurt so you guys just buy the protection pads but for new born mother perfect gift

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $399.00.

Ale M.
Ale M.Sydney, NSW

So-so

I purchased this as a couple of girlfriends are also using it. It’s so-so, I hand express after pumping and still get quite a bit afterwards, so I feel like it’s not that good. It’s easy to clean but the tubes does have some water in them.

Purchased in January 2018.

Mika
Mika

Good and reliable

I use this 3-4 times a day, very easy to disemble and clean, quite compact and pretty quiet. I never used it portable so don’t know what it’s like on the go. I do find I can usually pump more with hospital grade pump though. But would recommend this to anyone. Maybe even a double pump instead of single would be better.

Purchased in September 2018 for $300.00.

ShellPerth, WA

Slow but does the job

I use this pump twice a day.
It does the job but it takes over 30 mins each side.
I have been using for 8 months and the motor seems to be wearing out. Its getting slower and louder.
Easy to use and clean.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $260.00.

Shell

Hi, I dont use batteries at all. Just directly to the main power. I bought it from baby bunting so I cant see them helping to be honest.

Hi Shell
As long as you have a valid receipt they should be able to assist you.
kind regards

Courtney VSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use and pretty good pump but not working after 5 days

I bought the double pump straight out of hospital with my bub and was using 8 times a day due to poor latch and supply. Started off great but after 5 days it basically broke, suddenly the pump lost about 70% suction and couldn’t get any milk out. The two days I was without a pump was terrible for my supply. I borrowed my sisters which was the same pump and it had served me well 3 months on, but it breaking so quickly was so disappointing consider it’s not cheap. Keep your receipt! I haven’t done anything yet about it so I cannot comment on customer service

Purchased in November 2018 at Chemist Warehouse.

Courtney V

To add, it turn out it was the tubes that were the issue. An easy replace but not great that they needed it in less than a week

Karrissa
Karrissa

Fantastic product.

This pump is amazing! I love that you can plug it in to a power point at home or use batteries if you are out and about and need to pump! Very comfortable while pumping.

Purchased in February 2015 for $250.00.

Dani
DaniPerth

Great Breast Pump

dmn
dmnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Machine. Easy to use.

Hi dmn
Thank you for your email and review of the Medela Swing. It is always nice to hear our customers responding in such a positive way.

Shimeji
Shimejiasked

Hi,
I've got medela swing as second hand from my friend. She said I better replace some hygienic parts to new ones but not sure which parts.
Could you give me some advice please?

AGRAY
AGRAY

I would definitely replace the tubes and flanges.

Nancy
Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous
Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps