Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 3 of 11)

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
AvW
AvWPerth

Worth every penny!

I was adamant that I would breast feed my bub for at least 6 months; but this wasn't possible after 4 weeks; so I tried the next best thing..... expressing. We bought the Medela Swing breast pump & it was worth every cent. I've used it for the last three months & can recommend it to anyone that wish to express regularly. It is very easy to use; comfortable as it has various settings & can be operated using either electricity or battery. So you can take it wherever you go.

Tash D
Tash DBrisbane

Was a lifesaver in the early days!

This breast pump saved my breastfeeding journey. I was able to comfortably pump anywhere as needed thanks to the option to plug in to mains or use batteries. I found the pump to be used friendly and was able to do a pumping session in under 15 minutes (both sides).
The parts all come apart easily. Be careful not to break the small yellow connection with the plastic valve on it when dissasembling as I sometimes found this could get stuck and became difficult to remove. All parts are dishwasher safe.
I have used this pump through two children and have only had to replace the valve membranes a couple of times.
I would purchase this item again as it is compact, easy to use and efficient.

Lis
Lisnewcastle

First time user

My sister handed me down this pump and it was so easy to use and saved me so much time.
Comfy to use and has different settings to adjust to what is comfortable for you.
You need to make sure you clean and dry all the parts well otherwise mold can build up inside.
I found this useful when i just needed to quickly pump at night when baby was asleep and breasts were getting too full.

Gvd
GvdMelbourne

It was a useful product

I used this product for 3 children. I used it mostly after birth because I was producing a lot of milk. I found the product to be comfortable and easy to use. I used it also if I was heading out and wanted to bottle feed. It is small and portable and easy to clean. I would definitely use it again.

S Haddad
S HaddadSydney

Perfect

The medala swing is easy to maintain, small and portable and very easy to use. Until there’s technology that allows a faster way to express, this is about as good as it gets. Throw attachments in the dishwasher for ease of clean. Would recommend this to anyone with a newborn.

Medela A.Medela

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Ruby79
Ruby79Canberra

Great pump!

This pump does the job, is comfortable and easy to use. I upgraded from another brand which was useless. This one on the other hand works well, it does seem to take a long time but that might be just me. I think if I was having to pump more regularly it might be a bit time consuming But it’s great for occasional use.

Kristy S
Kristy SSydney

Simple!

first time mum so all these products are overwhelming. After reading instructions first time I had no problems using it. All parts are easy to clean. The pump is very light, In have only used it with the batteries in as it makes it easier without the cord and I can grab it and move around easily, particularly with the carry bag it comes with. I use it 2-3 times a day and the batteries last well. No pain at all when using it. I just find the medela pump bags as it is a sift plastic the measurement might say 100 mls (for example), but when you transfer the milk to the bottle it is actually only 50-60 mls.

Camilla
Camilla

Works great for a non hospital grade pump

Recieved the medala swing for my baby shower and am so greatful! easy to use, small enough to carry in the nappy bag, minimal effort and comfortable. I do wish it had the ability to double pump for quicker expressing but other then that a fantastic product! Has great suction despite not being hospital grade. Very happy

Karen t
Karen t

So glad I had this!

Nicole
NicoleAdelaide

Works well

Comfortable and easy to use. I like that you can chose to plug into a power outlet or use the batteries if out and about. Easy to clean. Only problem I’ve had was when I held it wrong and wasn’t paying attention, my milk flowed back into the machine. But when I read the instructions it explained how to clean it properly if that happens, and even has a little sponge inside to protect the motor bit.

S Rao
S RaoAdelaide

Does the job

Bought this to pump after feeding to increase supply and also to get baby used to the bottle.
Used to pump for 10 minutes on each side after feeding (but not every feed) It is comfortable to use and easy to clean and maintain. However, being time constrained with a baby, I felt a double electric pump would have been better to save time. I would probably go for a double pump if budget permits.
With use over time, the suction pipe was not connecting tightly with the motor and would disconnect easily.
A longer electric cord would also be better.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking time to review our product, your feedback is appreciated. Your comments are noted. Best wishes, medela customer service.

NANCY
NANCYmelbourne

Great machine

I think the double swing would've been a better option when it comes to breast pumps, but this did the job and it was very easy to clean and maintain. I used it for months without any issues and it's as comfortable as any breast pump can be. I would recommend this brand.

Brisbee
BrisbeeBrisbane

useful when returned to work

I bought the Medela Swing before the bub arrived and I had trouble with my milk supply so I did mixed feed for six months. After that I had success with the pump and it helped me to return to work while still breastfeeding my baby. It was easy to use and to clean (I used microwave steam bag). Typically I would use the pump twice a day at work's nursing room. It was good to keep up the supply to continue breastfeed and it is comfortable to use. Would recommend it.

James
JamesMelbourne

Does the job well

Got a second hand from a cousin and works good as new. It's easy to use, with different level settings so can take it down when my nipples feel sore and up when feeling well. I take fifteen minutes per side. It's easy to clean and sterilize, it fits NUK sterlizer well. Light to carry around. I would recommend to all moms out there.

Irina Y
Irina Y

Perfect, couldn't live without it

I needed to pump like crazy for most of the 1st year after each feed, especially the early months as I had very little supply and later when my milk started to dry out after 6 months.
I can definitely recommend it as the have-at-home pump, however I found their Medela hospital grade one stronger which was so handy to establish supply (got one for the few first days while bub was in a special care nursery and my milk didn't come in yet) and later at home I easily switched to Medela with no prob;ems at all.
Very portable, easy to operate and the most sought after one. Really loved everything about it.
You just cannot go wrong with the Swing.

Nancy
Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous
Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps