Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 4 of 25)

Listing monitored by Medela

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
Ash
Ash

This pump has been a nightmare

Layne
LayneSydney

Perfect

Mine's a hand me down - almost 5 years old and it's still perfect! My friend had lost the connector piece but it was easy enough to buy all the replacement parts from Chemist Warehouse. My baby is exclusively breast fed but I pump once a day to let my husband feed and also to have breastmilk in the fridge to add to her rice cereal for solids. It also saved me when I had mastitis as I need to continue to pump in between feeds.

Hi Layne
Thank you for your review, so nice to hear of your positive experience with the Medela Swing. Did you know the parts are also available from the Medela webstore - medelastore.com.au
Kind regards
Pauline

JVN
JVNPerth

Great pump. Works a treat! No issues :)

This pump is great. I used it alot when i first had my baby however since buying a haakaa, i havent used it since. If exclusively breast feeding, i would definitely recommend this product however if not, i thoroughly recommend the haakaa)!. I had no issues with this pump or its features though although cleaning the tube is a little difficult and that's one thing you want to know if safe and clean.

Danni
DanniCampbelltown

Perfect first pump

Very comfortable and easy to use. brought this after the birth of my first child. I didn't use it too much but the times I did use it, it was very easy to use. it was comfortable to use , not causing any pain or discomfort. It is quite which is good for when you need to pump in babies room. worth the money. plug it in or use the batteries.

AnniPerth

not satisfied

Really under-satisfied with this pump. Only worked averagely if that, for a month or two before the pump suction, was weak and it took forever to pump milk out. I couldn't even use it by the end of my breastfeeding days it was so frustrating. Especially for how expensive it is, this product should have worked way longer than the price tag.

Anni

Hi Pauline, thank you so much for responding. Unfortunately, after I read the Marie Kondo book, I got rid of all packaging and it was gifted to me at my babyshower so had no way of getting warranty, otherwise i would have. Warm wishes, Anni

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
darkfaery7
darkfaery7Perth, WA

Not completely awful but have had a lot of problems. Since found better alternatives

Dani
DaniGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great pump

I bought this pump prior to giving birth knowing that I would need to use it from time to time. It is lightweight, simple to use and effective. I used the hospital grade Medela pump while in hospital and found the swing to be just as effective. The attachments are easy to clean and not hard to find if you need to replace. I don’t use the Medela bottles as the teats don’t seem to suit my baby so I do a bit of transferring of milk for storage etc, but small price to pay for a good little device. As it’s small and portable would be good for those who need to pump at work or while travelling.

Allie18
Allie18MELBOURNE

Good but expensive

It is very comfortable to use. The private hospital I delivered my baby uses Medela brand so I bought a Medela Swing for me to use at home. I used it for 3 months to pump breastmilk. It is easy to clean as the parts can be detached quickly. I will use this product again in the future.

Nam
NamSydney, NSW

Perfect for new mummy

New mummies if anybody ask for you gifts ask for this one. After my baby born I was suffering to do breastfeeding. And my husband got this for me it is too much comfortable to use. I used it for 1 month but it saved my life.very easy to clean and mantain. Definitely if I have to use this again I will use it. Highly recommended for new moms who is suffering for breastfeeding.

TazPerth

Don't expect too much...

I had a hospital grade madela pump for 6 weeks and then had to return it and bought the swing. Unfortunately what I didnt realise at the time is that it doesn't build and support your supply if you're solely expressing to feed your baby. I think it would be good for someone breastfeedingand then pumping but not for solely pumping. My supply plummeted and at 10 weeks I had to stop. It's a good machine though... comfortable and easy to use. A bit loud... but ok.

Monica
MonicaSydney

Use it daily

This breast pump is really easy to assemble and use. Baby had a tongue tie and was unable to suck milk efficiently so I had to pretty much pump daily to give baby breastmilk. I like the fact that it's lightweight, we went overseas and was convenient to be able to take it with us.

Andrea17
Andrea17SYDNEY

Easy to use and effective

Very handy, small pump that can be both mains and battery powered. Easy and comfortable to use, effective in pumping out milk. I can imagine that it could be popped in a bag for on the go pumping as required. Spare parts easily obtainable from Chemist Warehouse, Baby Bunting etc as required.

Rid S
Rid SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect product for ftm..

Medela swing pump easy to use and works really good.Being a First time mother it was a great help to storing extra supply for my baby. It was very easy to clean and assembled it. I purchased it from baby bunting it’s was on sale and it was not a regretful decision.. really happy with the product and definitely using for my next baby..

Jebe
JebeBrisbane

For occasional use only

Rhiannon
RhiannonBenalla

Perfect for a FTM

This pump is very easy and comfortable to use, it is simple but effective. It’s easy to clean and pull out whenever you need it, I highly recommend this product to anyone as it is a great buy and I can see myself using for my entire breast feeding experience

Cheryl
CherylMelbourne

Help me a lot

Since I am two boys' mother currently , the medela pumping help me a lot in the past few years .The swing is gentle and easy to pump breast milk out .
Just one thing want to mention , don't buy single side pumping ,that's the only thing I regret. It is not efficient.
Make sure to buy double side !!

Sara
SaraBrisbane

Gets the job done!

Easy to use, compact and is battery operated which makes it portable. I’ve had mine since May and still going well! It is a little loud but I’m sure not the loudest. Seems easy enough to clean too just in my microwave steam bag! I would use it again with next baby for sure!!

H.M
H.MSydney

Very noisy machine

I used a medela pumping machine at the hospital and therefore purchased the swing maxi machine for home. I'm very disappointed with how noisy this machine is. I didn't expect it at all as the hospital one was quite. I tried to put it on soft surfaces as the sofa and a pillow but it doesn't really solve the problem.

Ninigirl
NinigirlMelbourne

Good for occasional use

In the beginning I thought the Swing was all that I needed but then I hired out the hospital grade and felt the difference. The Swing is less powerful so probably wasn't the best choice for initial stimulation of more milk production. But it is a good choice for home-use to pump for on the go.

sarah corcoran
sarah corcoran

This is the best breast pump invented

I loved this breast pump. I had problems feeding my son. So I started pumping and I shocked about the amount I was expressing. I used the aventis breast pump but not much breast milk would be expressed. I would defiantly pay the extra $$ and do my expressing in half the time. It was easy to use and easy to clean.

Katherine
KatherineMelbourne

Couldn’t have done it without this

I literally used this everyday, it saved me for my second child!! It is super simple to use, set up and clean. I used the machine for most feeds, maybe 30mins for both sides maximum. If I had another baby I would definitely purchase this small easy pump for sure

Sair
Sair

A must have for new mums

This is a must for any new Mum. It saves so much time, compared to using manual ones. There are a few settings that you can use to work out which speed and f rhythm is comfortable and suitable for you. I found this product very easy to clean and use. I would definately recommend and already have recommended this product to anybody breast feeding

Frances C
Frances CAU

Great pump

The medela swing pump is easy to use, comfortable and user friendly. It has a variety of settings and starts off by massaging to stimulate milk. My only issue is the cup size, they need smaller sizes as not everyone can use it to the best of its potential if it’s too big.

Jaz
JazGold Coast

Great product- does everything it should

We purchased this after our son was born and cannot fault it.
Does everything it should. We purchased the essentials pack for $228 from Baby Bunting that came with some bottles and pouches as well.
It's easy to clean.
I just brought the Medela Easy Expression Bustier - Black - Medium from Baby Bunting to make life easier as it does get a bit annoying having to hold the pump to you.
Batteries last a few weeks and can be used plugged in too.
Speed options are good and I don't find it painful so have recommended to a few women having babies.

Sam
Sam

It does the job

The pump works very well however I find it frustrating when it comes to washing , the filter broke and I had to replace it after second use. The pump was helpful initially when I used it to establish breastmilk however, I was disappointed that I couldn't express well due to time limit. I wish it could be used for longer than 20 min at a time.

Shimeji
Shimejiasked

Hi,
I've got medela swing as second hand from my friend. She said I better replace some hygienic parts to new ones but not sure which parts.
Could you give me some advice please?

AGRAY
AGRAY

I would definitely replace the tubes and flanges.

Nancy
Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous
Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps