Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 4 of 31)

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
TarsB

TarsBNewcastle

Was a God send

I used this pump with my first baby and it came highly recommended to me by other Mums. It was very easy to use and came with a detailed booklet on how to effectively use, clean and store the pump. It was easily transportable and I was able to travel overseas with this pump. It was easy to express the milk with this however the next time I would get the double pump to save on time.

Helped me relactate

After not being able to feed my son for a few months I found out about "relactating" talked to a lactation consultant and she arranged a loan of the symphony electric pump(excellent pump in its own). Once the loan period was coming to an end she suggested this pump for me. I used it every two hours, approx 10min sessions, for 4 months or so then once or twice every other day. Stored it away for next bub, 5 years later I still managed to use it to help with the beginning of my journey! would highly recommend this pump.

Jorja

JorjaHermitage

Recommended

This pump is awesome. It was recommended by my physician and before mine arrived I was using the same one borrowed from my sister. It’s easy to clean and the plastic looks high quality. There are clear instructions as well. In addition, I love the color!! Highly recommended.Hope this helps somebody out.

AvrilO

AvrilO

Just wonderful

As far as breastpumps go this is by far the best pump I have used. Very user friendly and portable. Very quite also so able to pump while feeding baby to sleep. I have used a few other brands but this is the best and well worth the money spent. Accessories are just as good as the pump.

Hayley

HayleyPENROSE

Quiet and Works great

It does a wonderful job. I don't have to pump every day.If I do have to pump the pump is very easy to put together and I can pump what I need in ten minutes. I was worried it would not have the pumping power of the more expensive pumps but I was wrong. It pumps as well as the more expensive ones I have used. I would recommend it highly!

Hi Hayley
Thank you very much for your review of the Medela Swing. It is always a pleasure to hear our products are helping mothers in their breastfeeding/expressing journey.
kind regards

Kim

KimAdelaide, South Australia

Nothing but major trouble

We got recommended this brand Brest pump but after nearly 7 months it's stopped working and now caused me issues having to find a new one as over time it slowed down and now has stopped. The shop we bought it from had none left so had to go and buy some thing else from a different shop

NoahPr

NoahPrCoomba Bay

Perfect for travel and at home use!

Given me another chance I would still buy it because it is very small in size and very light weight. But the vapors(every time) and milk (sometimes) get into the ducts so easily that you will have to replace them frequently, called Medela for solutions they said I could just clean it. However the duct design is not like the regular ones that I use in my plug-in standing pulp, there is no way to clean it completely. Overall it serves its purpose nicely but do expect to spend quite a bit money on batteries and accessories in long run.

Wendy

WendySydney, NSW

Excellent product

I love medele and introduce it to my friends as well since I finished my breastfeeding period. It is comfortable, no pain. Didn’t cause me any lump. And it is very thoughtful that have different speed rate to bump the milk. I think electric one is necessary but no need double side. Cuz you only have two hands to hold and one side is enough

Hi Wendy
Thank you for your review of the Medela Swing. It is always a pleasure to hear such great feedback.
Kind regards

Sela

SelaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gentle and portable

Pump was gentle unlike others were it feels like your nipple will get sucked thru too. Portable and also quiet- you can change the different speeds, I liked the slower pulse, it obviously did take a bit longer, but I was still intact after lol. love the little bag that comes with it, the bottles are also expensive but totally worth it!

Corbin

CorbinTHE WHITEMAN

Handy breast Pump

The world's newest and only two-stage breast-pumping design: The first function to stimulate the breast milk secretion, the second function is gentle and effective to suck out breast milk, so that the mother more comfortable use. Body arc shape, lightweight, easy to carry. Medela This breast pump is very easy to use, the rhythm of the law does not hurt, but also according to personal fitness to adjust the most comfortable suction, lift the pain of milk, very humanized design, with very comfortable.

AliCatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good pump, rubbish attachments

I wouldn't be without a breastpump with an undersize baby and needing to basically force feed as they didn't have the energy to latch and suckle consistently. The medela swing pump is good but disappointing with the tube attachments to the funnel and the pump - they are not secure and if you move around even a little prone to pop off and you lose the suction. Also, they could be longer, but then that is an issue with all breast pump options I understand

Cassandra

CassandraNowra

Great

Love it, love it, love it. This machine is very easy to use and very very easy to clean. Highly recommend this pump. I have now used it for both my children now and I would not use any other brand. Best on the market by far. Highly recommened pump.

Candice

CandicePANANIA

This doesn't work for me

For a sensitive person, this product doesn't work for me. I pump in there for 1.5 hours but only got 15ml and end up with getting matitis three times. They have different nipple shed size. Even though chose the smallest one it doesn't help. I would highly recommend Spectra, which it is much better

Zoe

ZoeSydney, NSW

Great breast pump

I will recommend this pump to every new mommy..it helped a lot to me it is with very good stimulation very close to a baby suction...I was having a problem with my lactation and I was using for 2 moth till my lactation came very good...and now my baby is having a lot of milk..we are happy mommy and happy baby now

Medela A.Medela

Thank you so much for the wonderful review we truly appreciate your feedback. If we can be of any further assistance please call us on our freephone number 1800 787 345. Many thanks Medela Australia

Ash

Ash

This pump has been a nightmare

Layne

LayneSydney

Perfect

Mine's a hand me down - almost 5 years old and it's still perfect! My friend had lost the connector piece but it was easy enough to buy all the replacement parts from Chemist Warehouse. My baby is exclusively breast fed but I pump once a day to let my husband feed and also to have breastmilk in the fridge to add to her rice cereal for solids. It also saved me when I had mastitis as I need to continue to pump in between feeds.

Hi Layne
Thank you for your review, so nice to hear of your positive experience with the Medela Swing. Did you know the parts are also available from the Medela webstore - medelastore.com.au
Kind regards

JVN

JVNPerth

Great pump. Works a treat! No issues :)

This pump is great. I used it alot when i first had my baby however since buying a haakaa, i havent used it since. If exclusively breast feeding, i would definitely recommend this product however if not, i thoroughly recommend the haakaa)!. I had no issues with this pump or its features though although cleaning the tube is a little difficult and that's one thing you want to know if safe and clean.

Danni

DanniCampbelltown

Perfect first pump

Very comfortable and easy to use. brought this after the birth of my first child. I didn't use it too much but the times I did use it, it was very easy to use. it was comfortable to use , not causing any pain or discomfort. It is quite which is good for when you need to pump in babies room. worth the money. plug it in or use the batteries.

AnniPerth

not satisfied

Really under-satisfied with this pump. Only worked averagely if that, for a month or two before the pump suction, was weak and it took forever to pump milk out. I couldn't even use it by the end of my breastfeeding days it was so frustrating. Especially for how expensive it is, this product should have worked way longer than the price tag.

Anni

Hi Pauline, thank you so much for responding. Unfortunately, after I read the Marie Kondo book, I got rid of all packaging and it was gifted to me at my babyshower so had no way of getting warranty, otherwise i would have. Warm wishes, Anni

darkfaery7

darkfaery7Perth, WA

Not completely awful but have had a lot of problems. Since found better alternatives

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Meital

Meitalasked

Hi,
I just bought Medela Swing (single) and I don’t seem to understand something basic- I do know you can use it either with the plug-in or with the batteries but isn’t there a need to give it an initial charge (of 24 hours like it goes with the Freestyle I used to have, before it was unfortunately broken beyond repair)? Can I use it straight away after I bought it (plugged in) or should there be an initial charging time prior to first use?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Meital, thank you for reaching out! Because your Swing requires powering up with either batteries or mains power, you cannot 'charge' it as such, unlike the Freestyle which has a re-chargable battery. Your Swing pump is ready to use as soon as you receive it, either using batteries or plugged into mains power.

Hope this helps!

For further information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kind regards,

Amy G.
Amy G.

Nope, she’s ready to go. Just plug into the mains power and get pumping :)

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps