Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 4 of 9)

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
Ozzy

OzzyAdelaide

Medela swing

Purchased the medela swing after being given one from a friend as it finally carked itself. I find this pump pretty easy too use, the down falls for me are you have too have both the bottles attached even if you one to pump one boob and sterilizing i find it very fiddly having to put it together and make sure its dried well or it doesnt work properly. All up its a pretty good pump but i found the single medela pump alot easier too use the parts were alot better

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Ozzy for taking your time to review our swing breastpump. Your comments are noted. Best wishes, customer service.

ImNoRobot

ImNoRobotSydney, NSW

Saviour device

Very light and compact pump, easy to move around while still extracting milk. It is quite comfortable to use and easy to maintain. It provides another way to express breast milk instead of doing it manually. It is an absolutely handy device; it saved the day so many times I lost count. The downside is that it takes a while to extract all the milk you need but totally manageable.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking time to review our swing breastpump. Your comments are appreciated. Best wishes, customer service.

Bec J

Bec JAU

Good breast pump

Being the only breast pump i have used i would rate it pretty good it does the job well. Only problem i find is all the parts having to disassemble them each time i sterilise them. Works well doesnt take my long to use and can take it on the go of need to.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Bec for taking time to review our product, we recommend cleaning your parts after each use due to hygiene reasons. Your comments are appreciated. Best wishes customer service.

Tay

TayDarwin

My best friend

Very comfortable to use and compact Making it very private. I use it for 15/30 mind per session. This is easy to clean providing that you don't have milk go back up into the system as its an open system that can cause mild mold . I definitely would use this product again but I'd love to see medela being out a compact closed system

Sarah

SarahSydney

Light, portable and effective.

This pump has been fabulous for all three of my babies. I have had the unit for 6 years now And it hasn’t failed to express great volume of milk easily and efficiently where ever I am. I have been able to pack it easily for travel, use it around the house indoors outdoors or wherever I am. It’s reasonably quiet so I can still be listening to the television or radio without being interrupted it is easy to clean and it is a comfortable unit to use. I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending the medela products to other people.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Sarah for taking time to review our product, we are pleased to hear that you have used the pump to its full potential. We appreciate you comments. Best wishes, customer service.

Meg

Megmelbourne

Rescued my supply :)

I like that it has the option of being battery or mains power, makes moving between work and home easy. its fairly small and with the lanyard and a pumping bra I can move around the house and pump at the same time because its light. I pump several times a day to maintain milk supply and only wish that I had maybe gotten the double pump version to be a bit quicker. Once or twice milk got caught in the tubing with was a pain to clean but a pipe cleaner worked.
Happy with my purchase

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Meg for taking your time to review our products. We are happy to hear success stories like yours. Best wishes, customer service.

fatimah

fatimahSydney

great but pricey

I bought the medela after having the avent hand pump. I absolutely loved it in comparison to a hand pump unfortunately the price I felt was too much. I did purchase is years back but still feel it was overpriced. I did not use to more that 4 months. I had no issues with it and do recommend but again feel oys an overpriced product

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for reviewing our product. We have noted your comments.

Jess

JessPerth

Great pump - easy to use

I have had my pump for over 2 years and it still works perfectly. Its a little noisy but nothing that bothers you that much. Its super easy to use and i find that being able to increase and decrease the strength depending on how much milk i need is a handy feature.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Jess for taking time to review our product. Your feedback is appreciated.

Piphin

Piphin

Good enough for me

Personally, i think this product is comfortable enough and useful for my new-motherhood-experience. Each time using the pump only takes me a few minutes. And it worked well to reduce discomfortness on your breasts and to avoid mastitis (i got once). But not using it often so just okay for me.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for reviewing our product, we appreciate your comments.

Chiara and Robert

Chiara and RobertMelbourne

Easy to use

The Medela Swing has definitely made my breastfeeding life that little bit easier. It's simple to use, clean and maintain and I'd probably use it again in the future. The only drawback to this device is that it isn't a hospital-grade closed system, which means it isn't as hygienic and the parts/motor can get damaged if milk gets through. If I'd been more informed at the time I would've gone for a closed system. In saying that, it's a good device and replacement parts are easy to come by in retail stores like Target and Baby Bunting.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We will be contacting you in a private message. King regards, customer service.

Teagan

TeaganGlenroy

Great, easy to travel with and easy to set up

Purchased after leaving hospital with a baby who had tongue tie issues and wasnt able to latch, didnt think i would need to purchase so wasnt preparrd and purchased on a whim, however very happy with my decision. Comfortable to use with all different attatchment sizes, good pumping strength, portable, easy to clean and will definatley use again for future children. A little on the expensive side however well worth the money.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Teagan for taking your time to review our product. Your comments are appreciated and noted. Best wishes for you and your baby.

Emma J

Emma JGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ok.....

This product was ok but I found it didn't have good suction. It was extremely comfortable to use and was discreet and quiet but I thought that it could have been better if the suction to the breast was more (I found too much air was able to sneak under). Super easy to clean and store in the little pouch. Easy to carry around if need be and the little bags to freeze milk in was ideal.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Emma for taking your time to review our product. We appreciate your comments and are happy to assist you with questions relating to the suction you mentioned. I will be in touch in a private message.

Kathy

KathyMelbourne

Easy to use

Easy to use breast pump, my set came with bags to use for freezing which makes it easy for my husband to feed with so I could sleep and go out. It can be expensive but is well worth the price. It is alsi very easy to clean and steralise.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Kathy for your review we do appreciate you comments.

Charlie

CharlieHobart, TAS

Really useful

I used this constantly for 6 weeks after baby stopped breast feeding. It worked well was easy to use and clean. It was also quiet to use. I do think it was expensive however. I wish it'd come with extra pieces in it such as the flap near the tube and an extra tube. The Medela should come with all the accessories given it's cost.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking your time to review our products. Your feedback is appreciated.

ash

ash

its one of the best pump to use

It is comfortable to use.
I have seen my friends using it and its so comfortable so I thought to buy it .
Its easy to use even in hospitals doctors use this.
Its easy to clean and came with everything one need .
Would recommend to anyone who wants to express milk.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Ash for taking the time to review our product. We do appreciate your comments.

Robyn P.

Robyn P.Williams Landing

Great pump that lasted the distance

I used this pump after I had my son and then my daughter. After 2 years of very regular use it was still working perfectly. It came with everything you needed and I especially liked the breast milk storage bags and bottles that kept the breast milk fresh, importantly, safe! Additional accessories were easy to find and not expensive. Great value for money!

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Robyn for reviewing our products we appreciate you opinion. Best wishes.

Todd

ToddPerth

Does the job well

I feel like a cow being milked, but hey that would be the same for all similar products. Product is small, comfortable (enough) to use and efficiently extracts my liquid gold. Only takes 15 mins each morning, rinses clean in hot water, easily stored. Would buy again for sure (if we had more kids)!

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking the time to review our products. Your comments are appreciated.

Jenny

JennyHobart, TAS

Awesome breast pump

Too be honest, I didn't realise how lucky I was with this. I thought it was good, but kind of hated pumping, so I just kind of did it as a matter of course.

But then, I loaned it to my friend whose pump (another brand) broke, and she came back to me saying that she wished she had got the Medela from the outset. Basically, it had reduced her pumping from 2 hours a day to 30 mins. She was almost weeping when she rang me!

So yeah, good pump!

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Jenny for taking the time to review our product. Your comments are appreciated.

Liv S

Liv SSydney

Great little breast pump

I love this little compact breast pump so easy to use and even better you can take it with you anywhere (especially on holidays) and it's not big and bulky.
It's so easy to clean and doesn't take forever to set up. its so handy if you just need to express quickly

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Your comments are appreciated.

Natasha Kikerkovski

Natasha KikerkovskiPrestons

Absolutely fantastic pump, however it has a short life span.

The medela swing is by far my favourite pump to use. It's worth the investment and is easy to use and clean. There are a lot of attachments that you can find don't fit, which requires to purchase new pieces. Can be a costly item ($250ish) compared to other pumps. This pump has a life of 250 hours as said in the manual which I think is short for its price. However I loved it so much that if I need another pump I'd happily buy the same one again.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking the time to review our products. We do appreciate your comments.

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Meital

Meitalasked

Hi,
I just bought Medela Swing (single) and I don’t seem to understand something basic- I do know you can use it either with the plug-in or with the batteries but isn’t there a need to give it an initial charge (of 24 hours like it goes with the Freestyle I used to have, before it was unfortunately broken beyond repair)? Can I use it straight away after I bought it (plugged in) or should there be an initial charging time prior to first use?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Meital, thank you for reaching out! Because your Swing requires powering up with either batteries or mains power, you cannot 'charge' it as such, unlike the Freestyle which has a re-chargable battery. Your Swing pump is ready to use as soon as you receive it, either using batteries or plugged into mains power.

Hope this helps!

For further information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kind regards,

Amy G.
Amy G.

Nope, she’s ready to go. Just plug into the mains power and get pumping :)

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps