Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 5 of 25)

Listing monitored by Medela

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
Tahlia
TahliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect!

I have used medela for my twins and my youngest. I love how it can either be plugged into the wall or used on the go with batteries. I would require long sittings with my pump due to expressing for twins while in special care and early days of being home and it never skipped a beat.

Sally NMelbourne

Efficient but can be a bit noisy

I went from a manual pump to the Mandela swing. It was an easy transition. At first it looked like it would be hard to clean with all the tubing but once I got the hang of it, it was easy enough to clean the funnels and pack away the pump in its bag. Towards the end of a pump, it can get quite noisy as you turn it up (stronger pump) the less milk you have.

Sally N

Thanks for the tip Shannone.

Very bad

We just purchased the medela swing double pump and was very disappointed. I used in for 16mins and did not get anything. The pump is very basic and doesn't work well. I'm there for days and days to fill a small bottle. The baby gets more milk out than the powered machine. Very bad waste of money.

KazR
KazRSydney

Awesome Pump!

Pumping milk has never been so easy! The medela is comfortable to use and takes far less time to extract a decent amount of milk than other brands. It all pulls apart for easy cleaning and with its handy carry bag everything is easy to find. I also like that it is compact and portable, making it perfect to take with you if are out. Love love love my Medela

Jade
JadeNorthern Region, NSW

Great basic breast pump

The Medela swing is a great basic breast pump. I purchased due to great brand reputation and wanted something easy to use as a first time mum. I use approximately 4 times per day and find it comfortable and easy to clean. It's portable so would be easy to take with me on the go if needed.

Medela A.Medela

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Amy
AmyPerth

Good pump

Very good at extracting the milk was so handy to have when I wanted to get some sleep and hubby could feed bubs. The parts were a little hard to find and the tube got some moisture in it. it was nice and compact though so store nice and easy

Cherrie
CherrieSydney, NSW

Small powerful and very handy breast pump

This small machine is very handy and very useful to me for the last 2 babies. Its very easy to use and handy to bring. Works on adaptor and battery. Suction is very functional and easy to clean. Since this is handy and small, you can conceal it in your bag while you express milk and do something else like eat snacks during break or tea time.

Rach W
Rach WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good with frequent use

Exclusively expressed with my first and expressing 1-2 times daily with my second and using the same pump so very happy with its longevity.

Replacement parts can be purchased such as breast shields and valves etc which is handy. Medela and pigeon brand bottles screw directly into pump which is fabulous too.

Expensive but found on sale at chemist warehouse. I like that this brand is used in hospitals so seemed reputable.

WynonaW
WynonaWMelbourne

Definitely the best

This pump came in handy in the first week of us being parents. We purchased from Baby Bunting and thankfully it was on sale and came in a pack with tonnes of accessories. The machine is loud, as they all are but the fact that you could change pressure was always fantastic. It was very easy to clean and the parts didn't need changing as often as I thought they would. All in all, for something other than a hospital pump I would definitely go for this one or the maxi with 2 pump attachments. Medela is a great brand!

Find out how Medela Swing compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Portable but takes ages to complete a pump session

I bought this pump for use with my first baby, then used it again with my second. I do remember thinking sometimes it would take forever to get all the milk out, like over 30 minutes. Still, it's very portable. My 3rd child was a 29 weeker so I've been exclusively pumping for a while, and this little pump just didn't cut it. Took too long (upwards of 45 minutes a session) and I was was always sore after. I've since gotten a Spectra s2 which is working better but is enormous and not very portable. I must say it could be that the medela just old and at the end of its life, but I did always find it took a long time when using this pump. I think the suck cycle was to short for me.

Margaret Lay
Margaret LaySydney

Does it’s job

Medals Swing is a great product. Not that same as breastfeeding but it does it’s job. I had to use this at the start of breastfeeding and still do for the days that I cannot breastfeed. It is easy to use, comfortable and easy to clean. Would recommend this product.

Julia
Julia

Love my pump

My medela single pump is easy to use, easy to clean and assemble. I use it very morning and get 100mls to store and do a full feed , it only take aBout 5 min on each breast.
I like the Calma teat and bottle too . I would highly recommend medela .
I also use the cleaning detergent

Ella
EllaRosehill

The best! Saved all my milk

Very comfortabe very easy to use and most of all very compact that I can bring it anywhere. I bought it 2 months after my bby is born because my milk supply is decreasing and oh boy, my milk supply increased again after just a day of using it every 3 hours. Would definitely use it again for my next babies

Icy
IcyAdelaide

It did the job

I used this pump to pump for a friends adopted baby. It was easy to use and worked well. Easy to clean too. I used it for pumping for 3 babies and helped when my breasts were over full.
I would recommend this breast pump to other mothers but as I’ve finished having babies, I’m done :)

Jacinta S
Jacinta SMelbourne

Easy to use

I found this pump easy to use and easy to clean. I did have a problem with the suction dying off. Medela were quick to respond to my phone call and email. It was taken back to place of purchase and repaired (I didn’t realise that there was a little filter in the back that needed to be cleaned). Medela followed up with my phone call to make sure that the pump was fixed or replaced.

Monique
MoniqueOxenford

The best can not live without it

My medella breast pump is the best thing since sliced bread. I can take it anywhere. It’s quick and easy to use with minimal work. The price is fairly cheap to. I have had it for 5 years now and have used it with all three of my babies. Thank you

cbkelly
cbkelly

Highly recommend

Easy to set up but took a bit for me to learn to use it. Relaxation while pumping is key!

Used with batteries when commuting and worked fine as well as via power supply.

Much more comfortable and effective than cheaper brands.

Would’ve liked a double but not always convenient to have a double.

Dmatic
DmaticSydney, NSW

Reliable and easy to clean and use

I had to use this machine from when I was in the hospital after I gave birth. My milk wasn't coming in, and neither was any colostrum. This was very stressing. I used this every day and finally it all happened. If I had manually pumped (hand) or used a manual pump it would have taken me much longer for my milk to come in. If you have a hungry newborn baby that is losing 0.5kg and has jaundice, it is a very stressful situation. I wish I bought this before I gave birth. I used it every couple hours to get my milk production up. I'm surprised at how reliable it is!

okadelaide
okadelaideAU

Love it

Purchased this product to use for expressing one to two bottles a day. It is great in that I can express up to 150mls in around 10-20 minutes. The other thing I love is that it is so light and portable so you can easily take it with you if you need to pump. Would definitely recommend!

Hi Okadelaide
Thank you for comments. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and also your recommendation to other Mothers.
Kind regards
Pauline

jakegerman
jakegermanGosford NSW 2250

It’s OK

Every woman’s experience with pumping is different and perhaps I’m a bad “pumper” however I find it very difficult to extract milk and rarely get a letdown when I’m using the pump (whereas my child can achieve that in 20 seconds or so). if I were to buy one again I’d get a double pump to try and make this experience a quicker event.

Juz
JuzSydney

Ok pump

I think this pump is strong enough for home use. I used it mostly in the first 3 months after bub was born to stimulate milk supply. Its got a few bits and bobs to clean, and I got a bit sick of washing it all the time. But I think it's standard for this type of product.

Holly
HollyPerth, WA

Easy to use

I used this for about 2 months (then went to formula) I found it really good to use. I went with this brand because they had the same brand in the hospital and was easy to use, decent suction without feeling like your nipple is going to tear off. I would recommend

SimonD
SimonDStretton, Qld

I have had this pump for both of my babies, and I love it!

I have purchased 3 of these pumps over the years, and I must say, easy to use, good quality and fast. I find that the pump works much faster when plugged into the wall, than battery power.
I had one that had a problem with the pump breaking down very soon after purchase, however the company was very good at sending me a replacement motor.

AvW
AvWPerth

Worth every penny!

I was adamant that I would breast feed my bub for at least 6 months; but this wasn't possible after 4 weeks; so I tried the next best thing..... expressing. We bought the Medela Swing breast pump & it was worth every cent. I've used it for the last three months & can recommend it to anyone that wish to express regularly. It is very easy to use; comfortable as it has various settings & can be operated using either electricity or battery. So you can take it wherever you go.

Laura Wells
Laura WellsMelbourne

It was average.

I breastfed both children but had an issue with this product as it broke after 2 months. It wouldn’t pump meaning the machine you attach the tube to didn’t have any suction. It was so expensive as well.

I would just recommend a hand pump. People think the more expensive something is the better it is but it’s not true! You can get great results with just a manual pump.

Shimeji
Shimejiasked

Hi,
I've got medela swing as second hand from my friend. She said I better replace some hygienic parts to new ones but not sure which parts.
Could you give me some advice please?

AGRAY
AGRAY

I would definitely replace the tubes and flanges.

Nancy
Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous
Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps