Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 5 of 31)

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
Dani

DaniMelbourne

Great pump

I bought this pump prior to giving birth knowing that I would need to use it from time to time. It is lightweight, simple to use and effective. I used the hospital grade Medela pump while in hospital and found the swing to be just as effective. The attachments are easy to clean and not hard to find if you need to replace. I don’t use the Medela bottles as the teats don’t seem to suit my baby so I do a bit of transferring of milk for storage etc, but small price to pay for a good little device. As it’s small and portable would be good for those who need to pump at work or while travelling.

Allie18

Allie18MELBOURNE

Good but expensive

It is very comfortable to use. The private hospital I delivered my baby uses Medela brand so I bought a Medela Swing for me to use at home. I used it for 3 months to pump breastmilk. It is easy to clean as the parts can be detached quickly. I will use this product again in the future.

Nam

NamSydney, NSW

Perfect for new mummy

New mummies if anybody ask for you gifts ask for this one. After my baby born I was suffering to do breastfeeding. And my husband got this for me it is too much comfortable to use. I used it for 1 month but it saved my life.very easy to clean and mantain. Definitely if I have to use this again I will use it. Highly recommended for new moms who is suffering for breastfeeding.

TazPerth

Don't expect too much...

I had a hospital grade madela pump for 6 weeks and then had to return it and bought the swing. Unfortunately what I didnt realise at the time is that it doesn't build and support your supply if you're solely expressing to feed your baby. I think it would be good for someone breastfeedingand then pumping but not for solely pumping. My supply plummeted and at 10 weeks I had to stop. It's a good machine though... comfortable and easy to use. A bit loud... but ok.

Monica

MonicaSydney

Use it daily

This breast pump is really easy to assemble and use. Baby had a tongue tie and was unable to suck milk efficiently so I had to pretty much pump daily to give baby breastmilk. I like the fact that it's lightweight, we went overseas and was convenient to be able to take it with us.

Andrea17

Andrea17SYDNEY

Easy to use and effective

Very handy, small pump that can be both mains and battery powered. Easy and comfortable to use, effective in pumping out milk. I can imagine that it could be popped in a bag for on the go pumping as required. Spare parts easily obtainable from Chemist Warehouse, Baby Bunting etc as required.

Rid S

Rid SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect product for ftm..

Medela swing pump easy to use and works really good.Being a First time mother it was a great help to storing extra supply for my baby. It was very easy to clean and assembled it. I purchased it from baby bunting it’s was on sale and it was not a regretful decision.. really happy with the product and definitely using for my next baby..

Jebe

JebeBrisbane

For occasional use only

Rhiannon

RhiannonBenalla

Perfect for a FTM

This pump is very easy and comfortable to use, it is simple but effective. It’s easy to clean and pull out whenever you need it, I highly recommend this product to anyone as it is a great buy and I can see myself using for my entire breast feeding experience

Cheryl

CherylMelbourne

Help me a lot

Since I am two boys' mother currently , the medela pumping help me a lot in the past few years .The swing is gentle and easy to pump breast milk out .
Just one thing want to mention , don't buy single side pumping ,that's the only thing I regret. It is not efficient.
Make sure to buy double side !!

Sara

SaraBrisbane

Gets the job done!

Easy to use, compact and is battery operated which makes it portable. I’ve had mine since May and still going well! It is a little loud but I’m sure not the loudest. Seems easy enough to clean too just in my microwave steam bag! I would use it again with next baby for sure!!

H.M

H.MSydney

Very noisy machine

I used a medela pumping machine at the hospital and therefore purchased the swing maxi machine for home. I'm very disappointed with how noisy this machine is. I didn't expect it at all as the hospital one was quite. I tried to put it on soft surfaces as the sofa and a pillow but it doesn't really solve the problem.

Ninigirl

NinigirlMelbourne

Good for occasional use

In the beginning I thought the Swing was all that I needed but then I hired out the hospital grade and felt the difference. The Swing is less powerful so probably wasn't the best choice for initial stimulation of more milk production. But it is a good choice for home-use to pump for on the go.

sarah corcoran

sarah corcoran

This is the best breast pump invented

I loved this breast pump. I had problems feeding my son. So I started pumping and I shocked about the amount I was expressing. I used the aventis breast pump but not much breast milk would be expressed. I would defiantly pay the extra $$ and do my expressing in half the time. It was easy to use and easy to clean.

Katherine

KatherineMelbourne

Couldn’t have done it without this

I literally used this everyday, it saved me for my second child!! It is super simple to use, set up and clean. I used the machine for most feeds, maybe 30mins for both sides maximum. If I had another baby I would definitely purchase this small easy pump for sure

Sair

Sair

A must have for new mums

This is a must for any new Mum. It saves so much time, compared to using manual ones. There are a few settings that you can use to work out which speed and f rhythm is comfortable and suitable for you. I found this product very easy to clean and use. I would definately recommend and already have recommended this product to anybody breast feeding

Frances C

Frances CAU

Great pump

The medela swing pump is easy to use, comfortable and user friendly. It has a variety of settings and starts off by massaging to stimulate milk. My only issue is the cup size, they need smaller sizes as not everyone can use it to the best of its potential if it’s too big.

Jaz

JazGold Coast

Great product- does everything it should

We purchased this after our son was born and cannot fault it.
Does everything it should. We purchased the essentials pack for $228 from Baby Bunting that came with some bottles and pouches as well.
It's easy to clean.
I just brought the Medela Easy Expression Bustier - Black - Medium from Baby Bunting to make life easier as it does get a bit annoying having to hold the pump to you.
Batteries last a few weeks and can be used plugged in too.
Speed options are good and I don't find it painful so have recommended to a few women having babies.

Sam

Sam

It does the job

The pump works very well however I find it frustrating when it comes to washing , the filter broke and I had to replace it after second use. The pump was helpful initially when I used it to establish breastmilk however, I was disappointed that I couldn't express well due to time limit. I wish it could be used for longer than 20 min at a time.

Tahlia

TahliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect!

I have used medela for my twins and my youngest. I love how it can either be plugged into the wall or used on the go with batteries. I would require long sittings with my pump due to expressing for twins while in special care and early days of being home and it never skipped a beat.

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Meital

Meitalasked

Hi,
I just bought Medela Swing (single) and I don’t seem to understand something basic- I do know you can use it either with the plug-in or with the batteries but isn’t there a need to give it an initial charge (of 24 hours like it goes with the Freestyle I used to have, before it was unfortunately broken beyond repair)? Can I use it straight away after I bought it (plugged in) or should there be an initial charging time prior to first use?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Meital, thank you for reaching out! Because your Swing requires powering up with either batteries or mains power, you cannot 'charge' it as such, unlike the Freestyle which has a re-chargable battery. Your Swing pump is ready to use as soon as you receive it, either using batteries or plugged into mains power.

Hope this helps!

For further information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kind regards,

Amy G.
Amy G.

Nope, she’s ready to go. Just plug into the mains power and get pumping :)

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps