Medela Swing

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

mendela breat pump swing

I only used for 6 months had it for 2 years and 3 months and the warranty was 2 years but they would not replace it after the motor had gone they should be ashamed to sell such a product that does not last

Ad

Milk keeps going into tube

I don’t know how many times I’ve had to clean out pipe because milk goes into it. So frustrating, so difficult to clean and so over it. After four months of being annoyed I have upgraded to Spectra and it’s amazing.

Purchased in January 2020.

UKatSydney, NSW

Terrible! Noisy and low suction

I am disappointed at how bad this pump is. The suction isn't that powerful and i have tried cleaning it as per medela youtube videos. All in vain. It is very noisy and has such a bad suction. Also the pump parts are so bad that i almost replaced all of them so far in expectation to have it working properly, I feel cheated!

Purchased at Pharmacy for $265 and i want to return it but the pharmacy says medela should take it back and Medela says the retailer should take it back.

Very disappointing! I hope it gets resolved by Medela that they take it back and refund me.

Purchased in January 2020 at Terry White Chemists for $265.00.

UKat

I have messaged personally now. Thanks

Hi Natasha,
I have recieved no help from customer service. Can u help in returning this product?

Ellie

ElliePerth, WA

Please do your research beforr buying

I wish I'd have done my research before buying this. 6 weeks in and I've have 2 membrane replacements and a pump replacement. I have been begging for a refund on this unreliable product but they keep sending me replacements. Having now researched this product I can see it is plagued in problems, with others unable to claim a refund despite the product being faulty. If this review saves one other person from buying this product, or atleast doing their research before purchasing, then it was worth it. Ive since purchased the Spectra breat pump which has stronger, reliable suction and is more comfortable.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $324.99.

Kim

KimAdelaide, South Australia

Nothing but major trouble

We got recommended this brand Brest pump but after nearly 7 months it's stopped working and now caused me issues having to find a new one as over time it slowed down and now has stopped. The shop we bought it from had none left so had to go and buy some thing else from a different shop

Candice

CandicePANANIA

This doesn't work for me

For a sensitive person, this product doesn't work for me. I pump in there for 1.5 hours but only got 15ml and end up with getting matitis three times. They have different nipple shed size. Even though chose the smallest one it doesn't help. I would highly recommend Spectra, which it is much better

Ash

Ash

This pump has been a nightmare

Jebe

JebeBrisbane

For occasional use only

Very bad

We just purchased the medela swing double pump and was very disappointed. I used in for 16mins and did not get anything. The pump is very basic and doesn't work well. I'm there for days and days to fill a small bottle. The baby gets more milk out than the powered machine. Very bad waste of money.

Don't waste your money!

Have been using thr medala swing for about 6 months. I would say the yield was very good and it was a comfortable system. However, then one day the milk backwashed into the tube and into the pump (seriously?!?).
Apparently this happens a lot and medala have cleaning instructions for this occurance (so it happens a lot!) I followed the cleaning instructions but it no longer gets proper suction and it's gone mouldy. I have thrown it in the bin after getting no response from medala. I'll be purchasing a closed pump system. Will not waste my money again. I wish I had read the reviews from other ladies who had experienced this as well!

Ivy Joy

Ivy JoyMelbourne

Very bad design

Hidden amongst all the wonderful reviews for this brand are a few objective ones that point out a very simple but serious design fault. Basically breast milk ends up in the piping from the pump. A major bacterial concern!! This is exacerbated even more by trying to get a greater suction. I found some users managed to report this to Medela but were basically ignored. Be careful of reviewers here. Few are .objective. One wonders if they have even tried the product

Sarah m

Sarah mSydney

Dangerous

This pump is an open system pump meaning milk can flow back into the device. This makes it mouldy inside the device and but you cannot see the Mould. Couldn't risk pumping for my newborn with this pump. Threw it in the bin and Bought a spectra instead. Also customer service in models is useless. They just tell you that you didn't use the pump correctly.

Fraser

FraserSydney

Shocking Product and Terrible Customer Service

I've gone through three medela Swings - they have ALL gone moldy, lost suction and become extremely unreliable. The customer service team don't help (let alone follow basic consumer law).

Its an open system which means that milk and condensation can flow through the machine and motor - this causes mold to grow which creates loads of dangerous hygiene issues obviously.

Mumma, save yourself time and your sanity and buy a small Spectra! ❤️

Spectra are 3 x more efficient and the customer service team is amazing.

GIULIAMelbourne

Disappointed with well known product.

Hi Anne,
How should I contact you to discuss further? Not sure what can be done now considering lack of support when I first contacted Medela.

LisaMelbourne

So upset and disheartened by the Medela Swing

I have been using the Medela Swing exclusively for not quite 2 weeks since my son was born and found suction to be worse when trying to double pump which now defeats the purpose of purchasing a double pump as I am having to use the product as a single pump. Not only that but my milk supply is decreasing as the pump does not empty the milk from my breast... is this a suction issue?? So in the end Iam having to manually express my milk. So disheartened by this product which came so highly recommended.

Ann

AnnMelbourne

Very skeptical so far

1 day into the new double breast pump ; the medela swing maxi.. 20 mins in and nothing.. what is wrong with your product? Is suction too low being a double breast pump? All the instructions have been followed for setup... tommee tippeee is heaps better... if i wanted a single breast pump i would have stayed where i was...

Never buy this product

I bought a breast pump and used it for a couple of weeks and it failed. The pump wouldn't pump as it should. I called the Medela office as I threw away my receipt only to be told there shouldn't be any problem with it. It wasn't such a good pump anyway to begin with anyway. I will just keep expressing by hand as I was doing even the pump.

Good while it works.

Great to begin but after maybe 5 uses no suction. Took it back, replaced with another as motor was faulty. Used new pump for a month, only expressing 150ml every second or third day, same thing- no suction. Took it back and was told there was a faulty part which they replaced. Get home try it out and still no suction.
For $270 I just want a pump that works without going back and forth to shopping centres testing out parts which is apparently all I can do now. Very annoyed. I understand things go wrong at times, but the customer shouldn't have to pay for it.

Laurenlee
Laurenlee
Medela A.Medela

Thank you Laurenlee a member of our team will be in contact later today.

Ad

I feel completely ripped off

After using the hospital Medela, i decided that i would by Medela for myself at home too. Determined to breastfeed for as long as possible, i was happy to spend the extra money getting what i thought was a superior product.
I was GREATLY disappointed. It has terrible suction, and after a fortnight i put it away and found that manually doing it was more productive (pump and hand) It was an awful lot of money for no return. The store were no hell, and i never recieved assistance from Medela.
I am due again in a dew weeks and i thought i would get it back out, and try again.
Still bitterly disapointed. My $20 manual pump is a lot more productive. I feel cheated. :(

Medela A.Medela

Suction doesn't work, no support from Medela, don't waste your money!

Julia B.Medela
Josh
Josh

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Meital

Meitalasked

Hi,
I just bought Medela Swing (single) and I don’t seem to understand something basic- I do know you can use it either with the plug-in or with the batteries but isn’t there a need to give it an initial charge (of 24 hours like it goes with the Freestyle I used to have, before it was unfortunately broken beyond repair)? Can I use it straight away after I bought it (plugged in) or should there be an initial charging time prior to first use?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Meital, thank you for reaching out! Because your Swing requires powering up with either batteries or mains power, you cannot 'charge' it as such, unlike the Freestyle which has a re-chargable battery. Your Swing pump is ready to use as soon as you receive it, either using batteries or plugged into mains power.

Hope this helps!

For further information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kind regards,

Amy G.
Amy G.

Nope, she’s ready to go. Just plug into the mains power and get pumping :)

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps