Medela Swing

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

mendela breat pump swing

I only used for 6 months had it for 2 years and 3 months and the warranty was 2 years but they would not replace it after the motor had gone they should be ashamed to sell such a product that does not last

Ad

Milk keeps going into tube

I don’t know how many times I’ve had to clean out pipe because milk goes into it. So frustrating, so difficult to clean and so over it. After four months of being annoyed I have upgraded to Spectra and it’s amazing.

Purchased in January 2020.

UKatSydney, NSW

Terrible! Noisy and low suction

I am disappointed at how bad this pump is. The suction isn't that powerful and i have tried cleaning it as per medela youtube videos. All in vain. It is very noisy and has such a bad suction. Also the pump parts are so bad that i almost replaced all of them so far in expectation to have it working properly, I feel cheated!

Purchased at Pharmacy for $265 and i want to return it but the pharmacy says medela should take it back and Medela says the retailer should take it back.

Very disappointing! I hope it gets resolved by Medela that they take it back and refund me.

Purchased in January 2020 at Terry White Chemists for $265.00.

UKat

I have messaged personally now. Thanks

Hi Natasha,
I have recieved no help from customer service. Can u help in returning this product?

Tilly

TillyPerth, WA

Disappointed

For such a well advertised brand I am disappointed at how average this pump is. The suction isn't that powerful and it's very noisy. I'm glad I brought this second hand because id be devasted spending the money on it brand new. If I'd known earlier I was going to pump i would had have brought a Spectra pump!

Purchased at Gumtree for $75.00.

Janey N.

Janey N.

Research alternatives

I find this pump mostly unreliable. Most times Ive used it Ive had an issue. Milk getting in the tubing, little or no suction, hissing sounds from tubing insert. I have however fixed these issues relatively easy by reading troubleshoot forums. I find the ease of buying attachments and bottles tho appealing as medela is everywhere

Purchased in December 2018 for $200.00.

Medela A.Medela

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Jane L.

Jane L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works well but always dies

This is my second medela swing. The pump works well but the milk often travels up the plastic tubing into the unit- and you have to unplug it to clear it out. The but has died- will not punk anymore. I can’t return it as I bought it with my older child. I will not be buying another from all accounts for spectra is the one to go for.

Purchased in June 2017 at Baby Bunting for $299.00.

NicoleSydney, NSW

Did well at first but then MOLD!

It worked well and I really liked it! At first.
I packed it away after not needing it anymore, I have recently pulled it out a month after packing it away and pumped some milk. The tab got stuck (understandably as it was sitting for a while) and milk got sucked into the machine. I opened it up straight away to find mold!!! I Won’t use it anymore and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Purchased in January 2019 for $300.00.

Nicole

Thanks for the reply, I did replace tubing and the sponge and continued to use it. It is a bit of a hassle still. I still like the pump when it comes to expressing the milk.

Medela A.Medela

Thanks, Nicole should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service. We will be only too happy to assist.
Kind regards
Pauline

Ellie

ElliePerth, WA

Please do your research beforr buying

I wish I'd have done my research before buying this. 6 weeks in and I've have 2 membrane replacements and a pump replacement. I have been begging for a refund on this unreliable product but they keep sending me replacements. Having now researched this product I can see it is plagued in problems, with others unable to claim a refund despite the product being faulty. If this review saves one other person from buying this product, or atleast doing their research before purchasing, then it was worth it. Ive since purchased the Spectra breat pump which has stronger, reliable suction and is more comfortable.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $324.99.

Ale M.

Ale M.Sydney, NSW

So-so

I purchased this as a couple of girlfriends are also using it. It’s so-so, I hand express after pumping and still get quite a bit afterwards, so I feel like it’s not that good. It’s easy to clean but the tubes does have some water in them.

Purchased in January 2018.

Mika

Mika

Good and reliable

I use this 3-4 times a day, very easy to disemble and clean, quite compact and pretty quiet. I never used it portable so don’t know what it’s like on the go. I do find I can usually pump more with hospital grade pump though. But would recommend this to anyone. Maybe even a double pump instead of single would be better.

Purchased in September 2018 for $300.00.

Pauline T.Medela

Courtney VSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use and pretty good pump but not working after 5 days

I bought the double pump straight out of hospital with my bub and was using 8 times a day due to poor latch and supply. Started off great but after 5 days it basically broke, suddenly the pump lost about 70% suction and couldn’t get any milk out. The two days I was without a pump was terrible for my supply. I borrowed my sisters which was the same pump and it had served me well 3 months on, but it breaking so quickly was so disappointing consider it’s not cheap. Keep your receipt! I haven’t done anything yet about it so I cannot comment on customer service

Purchased in November 2018 at Chemist Warehouse.

Courtney V

To add, it turn out it was the tubes that were the issue. An easy replace but not great that they needed it in less than a week

Pauline T.Medela

Kim

KimAdelaide, South Australia

Nothing but major trouble

We got recommended this brand Brest pump but after nearly 7 months it's stopped working and now caused me issues having to find a new one as over time it slowed down and now has stopped. The shop we bought it from had none left so had to go and buy some thing else from a different shop

AliCatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good pump, rubbish attachments

I wouldn't be without a breastpump with an undersize baby and needing to basically force feed as they didn't have the energy to latch and suckle consistently. The medela swing pump is good but disappointing with the tube attachments to the funnel and the pump - they are not secure and if you move around even a little prone to pop off and you lose the suction. Also, they could be longer, but then that is an issue with all breast pump options I understand

Candice

CandicePANANIA

This doesn't work for me

For a sensitive person, this product doesn't work for me. I pump in there for 1.5 hours but only got 15ml and end up with getting matitis three times. They have different nipple shed size. Even though chose the smallest one it doesn't help. I would highly recommend Spectra, which it is much better

Ash

Ash

This pump has been a nightmare

Nancy

Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps