Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 3 of 7)

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

GIULIAMelbourne

Disappointed with well known product.

Hi Anne,
How should I contact you to discuss further? Not sure what can be done now considering lack of support when I first contacted Medela.

Fi.E

Fi.ESouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the job.

Maria

Maria

It didn't do it's job with me

I bought this pump cause I was told it was the best but unfortunately it didn't work with my breast shape. It was very hard to express and I found the suctioning cups very rigid and not ergonomic. I think it works better for bug nipples so the expressing is faster. In my case I needed something wider to express. It would be a better product if they improve the plastic uncomfortable suction cup.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Maria for reviewing our product. Please find that we will send you a private message to ask you a few questions about the breastshield size you were using. Best wishes, customer service.

Rhiann W

Rhiann WMelbourne

Not the greatest pump on the market

I bought this pump when my daughter was in NICU.
I expressed multiple times (6-8) everyday for 9 months.
It was comfortable to use but did not have an overly strong suction.
It would occasionally draw milk into the tubing which can then push it into the motor.
The parts were not very easy to clean and were expensive to replace.
It did the job but i would not use it again. There are far more superior pumps on the market at a similar price point.

WARREN

WARRENbox hill

good product but the quality need to improved

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Siobhan

SiobhanAU

Average suction, very noisy.

I was given this great pump of a friend as a baby shower present. In the beginning I loved it however the more I began to use it the more frustrating to clean. It was uncomfortable and so noisy! Pumping 6 times a day was such a chore with this pump, I probably wouldn’t use this pump again as an everyday pump

Medela A.Medela

Dear Siobhan I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the swing breastpump. I will reply in a private message.

Chen

Chen

It's ok

Whist the medala swing has been comfortable to use it often gets milk into the suction hose risking it going into the machine causing the need to turn off the machine and end your pumping session until the tube is clear and dry again. It is difficult to clean in all the little sections but does its job as a pump.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Chen, we will send you a private message.

Nobby

Nobby

Wanting to use it more.

Bought it for use on my girlfriend.
Looking for more candidates as I'm adept in it's operation.
It is easy for me to use and maintain it in sterile condition.
My partner says it is far easier to use with avid operator and thoroughly endorses my gentle touch and efficiency.

My K

My K

Good but

Bought it from my bub was 5 days old because of my nipple 's problem . First time the machine seem great even a little noisemakers from it . The problem is my milk is not increase and so hard for me to buy a large shield in my area . Really want to rate 5 star but now I just feed my bub by the formula

Apple

AppleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Most of my friend recommend this to me

Most of my friend recommend this to me. I am yet to use it and very looking forward to use it too. First the product looks good to me. It has good size itself and very easy to bring it with you to travel or bring it back to work. Will come back to share more experience after using.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Your comments are welcomed.

MadDog

MadDogKearney Springs

Easy to use

I purchased the double and only used a couple of times as the bottles were no good. No matter how tight I sealed the bottle to the pump, I was getting leaks so I purchased another brand and it is working a treat. I contacted customer care about it and they were not helpful and didn't offer replacement parts to see if it fixed the problem. All in all a lot of money spent on this and not much use.

Sen

Sen

Good product!

I used Medela pump for about 3 months. It was a bit pricey. It was a very comfortable machine. Doesn't hurt when using. Easy to clean & maintain. You can always buy the parts. I used it 3-4 times a day. I had to stop it because of my milk supply was decreasing. I've saved the pump for future pregnancies.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We appreciate your comments.

Mizzy

MizzyPerth

Does the job

It is comfortable on the breast initially, but what is uncomfortable is having to hold it to the breast for such a long time. I normally pump 20 per breast, so that is 40 minutes in a still awkward sore position. The bottles that come with the pump are cheap looking and get scratched very easily. Sometimes after pumping it leaks from the bottle. The valve is heavy and I get the stand it meant to stop it from toppling over, but it still does. In retrospect I should have bought a double pump hands free. It is so hard to look after a baby and pump at the same time, I just don't have 20 minutes to spare to pump in peace and quiet. I built up quite a store of expressed BM, but stopped after a few months as it got too tiring.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Please contact our customer care line should you wish to discuss any issues with our product.

Housewife

HousewifeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good portable pump

It's comfortable to use, but require both hands to use it. Also, it's not that easy to clean & not very powerful. However, it's quite light to hold.
I've used it for the first 3 months when I need to express after feeds. After that I've changed to use formula.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking the time to review our product.

Erin

Erin

Good for occasional pumping

I used the Medela Swing for around 2 months when needing to express after feeds. It was used a few times a day for around 10-20 mins. It was a little fiddly at times and required two hands to use which was tricky when having to hold bub. Machine worked efficiently and automatic switch from let down is handy. Machine is a good size and easy to transport. Cleaning is fairly easy although moisture seemed to get in the tubing easily. I would use this again unless needing to express more often - a larger machine would be better

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Erin for taking the time to review our products. Your comments are appreciated.

Nancy

Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps