Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 4 of 7)

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
MissPugsly

MissPugslyMelbourne

Not as good as the Spectra S2.

I received this breast pump free from the hospital when I had my first baby. It wasn't very good, in my opinion. I looked at other reviews and ended up purchasing a Spectra S2 which has been fabulous. The Medela has sat in the cupboard, barely used. The upside of the Medela is that the parts and attachments are readily available.

Wei

WeiPerth

Average Pump. Not Strong Enough

I used this right after I discard from hospital. The motor isn't that powerful and I struggled to pump milk with it, even when I have tried different shield sizes. I then rented the same pump from the hospital and it was great. I then bought the Medela Freestyle which is much better.

I know the Swing worked well for some others, but it didn't work well for me.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Wei for taking the time to review our product. Your comments are appreciated.

Lin

LinMelbourne

Ok

This breast pump was recommended by my midwives, since I do not have too much experience. The price of this one is quite expensive. It is good to use and efficiency, but the problem is that I have to sit right up and lean forward a bit to get the milk into the bottle. When it's working I feel it has a bit noise.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Lin for taking the time to review our products. Your comments are appreciated.

AliMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worked well - until it didn't :(

Ali

Thanks for coming back to me Anne. Medela offered to have a technician look at the pump for me and it has been returned and is now working with batteries. Big relief. Thank you Medela

LisaMelbourne

So upset and disheartened by the Medela Swing

I have been using the Medela Swing exclusively for not quite 2 weeks since my son was born and found suction to be worse when trying to double pump which now defeats the purpose of purchasing a double pump as I am having to use the product as a single pump. Not only that but my milk supply is decreasing as the pump does not empty the milk from my breast... is this a suction issue?? So in the end Iam having to manually express my milk. So disheartened by this product which came so highly recommended.

Medela A.Medela

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Ann

AnnMelbourne

Very skeptical so far

1 day into the new double breast pump ; the medela swing maxi.. 20 mins in and nothing.. what is wrong with your product? Is suction too low being a double breast pump? All the instructions have been followed for setup... tommee tippeee is heaps better... if i wanted a single breast pump i would have stayed where i was...

Hope

HopeMelbourne

Ok for occassional pumping

I purchased this pump during my pregnancy with the intention of occasionally pumping along side breastfeeding. Due to issues out of my control i had to pump full time. This pump did do the trick but seemed to lose its power/suction with regular use... also wasn't great at maintaining my supply. Would be a great pump if only used sometimes but not worth it for those needing to pump regularly. I ended up needing to hire a hospital grade pump.

PJS

PJSSydey

Not much of a use- not effective

Bought this for my wife when she started going office after her maternity leave. I remember how time consuming it was to extract 10ml, took approx 30 mins for 10ml. Later she gave up using it and started pressing by hand to extract.
Note that she sometime had overflow and even then the pump was not effective for her. Not sure if it was the emotional thing of baby sucking feeling.

Lauren

LaurenPerth

Vital piece of baby equipment!

I have now returned to work and rely on my Medela to provide my son with his feeds for daycare. It is compact enough to fit in my bag and the parts are readily available to purchase from lots of retailers. I find it works much more effieciently when it is plugged into the mains so don't really use it unless I can plug it in. For the price it is a good purchase but maybe if youare wanting to pump more and get more out quicker I would look at getting a hospital grade pump next time.

OlgaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ok to start with

Pump is compact, light and comfortable, that's about all. it was ok to start with but has lost suction as now I get out only 50ml after pumping on highest setting for 20min and feel full after expressing. Trouble is that no one will take the pump back, it's not a cheap pump actually one of the more expensive ones and so you would think it should be one of the best. i will have to purchase another pump after just 3 months of use. Extremely disappointing.

Olga

No a test was not offered. Is it possible for you to contact me via email / phone to discuss a solution (if there is one besides buying a new pump)

Never buy this product

I bought a breast pump and used it for a couple of weeks and it failed. The pump wouldn't pump as it should. I called the Medela office as I threw away my receipt only to be told there shouldn't be any problem with it. It wasn't such a good pump anyway to begin with anyway. I will just keep expressing by hand as I was doing even the pump.

Good while it works.

Great to begin but after maybe 5 uses no suction. Took it back, replaced with another as motor was faulty. Used new pump for a month, only expressing 150ml every second or third day, same thing- no suction. Took it back and was told there was a faulty part which they replaced. Get home try it out and still no suction.
For $270 I just want a pump that works without going back and forth to shopping centres testing out parts which is apparently all I can do now. Very annoyed. I understand things go wrong at times, but the customer shouldn't have to pay for it.

Laurenlee
Laurenlee
Medela A.Medela

Thank you Laurenlee a member of our team will be in contact later today.

Ad

I feel completely ripped off

After using the hospital Medela, i decided that i would by Medela for myself at home too. Determined to breastfeed for as long as possible, i was happy to spend the extra money getting what i thought was a superior product.
I was GREATLY disappointed. It has terrible suction, and after a fortnight i put it away and found that manually doing it was more productive (pump and hand) It was an awful lot of money for no return. The store were no hell, and i never recieved assistance from Medela.
I am due again in a dew weeks and i thought i would get it back out, and try again.
Still bitterly disapointed. My $20 manual pump is a lot more productive. I feel cheated. :(

Medela A.Medela

Suction doesn't work, no support from Medela, don't waste your money!

Julia B.Medela
Josh
Josh
Medela A.Medela

Suction stopped after one day!!!! Very disappointing

I bought the Medela Swing and used it once. It worked really well. When I wanted to pump the next day, the suction was completely gone. I checked the assembly several times and attached it several times for a while but there was simply no more suction. Very disappointing product! $250 for a bottle that you can use. I wouldn't recommend this product at all. It's better to buy a different brand. I just hope we can still get a refund.

Nancy

Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps