Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 5 of 7)

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

Poor Durability

Bought Medela Swing 5 days after delivery. Our nurse recommended the brand, so we decided to drop by Pharmaprix to try if they have any. Fortunately they have. And it was on sale, so I bought the manual and electric. Worked well the first 2 days, I was so pleased. It was not as painful as the manual pump yet I get more in less time. I alternated using manual and machine because I heard bad reviews about it breaking down. Unfirtunately, they were right. On the 3rd day it stopped. The machine still make the sound but it does not suction or pump milk at all. So frustrating.

Very disappointed!!!

I purchased the Medela swing used it for a couple of months once a day. Lost suction. I went a bought replacement parts and they did nothing. Went a purchased another one thinking it would be fine, this lost suction after a couple of weeks. So disappointed with this product as I've spent $600 all up. Rang the hotline and they were not helpful. So frustrated!!! Do not buy!!!

Broke down in 2 days

The pump broke down in 2 days. We got protection plan and warranty and it took us forever to get to talk to customer service. They are only open Monday to Friday 8-5 so if you have a newborn good luck finding time to call. They troubleshoot on the phone for 2 hours and at the end we send out the pump to them and we got the same thing back. Over $200 for a product that worked for 2 days!

Granto
GrantoWilberforce

Poor showing

Unhappy
Unhappy

Unreliable keeps failing

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
FadiaSydney

So disappointed!!!

Used Madela Swing and loved it until it decided to suck my nipple and not release it! I sent it back to Madela and basically they told me it's not repairable. The representatives I spoke to were so rude and did not want to help. I also purchased the Madela swing maxi and not even a month after use, the machine would turn off and make funny sounds. I'm so put off by this product and brand.

Jasmine F
Jasmine F

Exchanged once and then got a full refund

The pump is great -when it works. My first one lost suction after 4 months - I flushed it out as per Medela's instructions, I not only purchased new valves and membranes, I also purchased extra tubing, connector and flanges just in case. Still wouldn't pump like it did when I first bought it. I returned it to the store and was given a brand new replacement. The new pump stopped working completely after a month - it rarely turned on and when it did there was no suction. I returned it today for a full refund. The sales rep said it was unlucky I received two duds.

Awful!

Tracie
TracieBrisbane

Complete waste of money

I bought this pump on the recommendations of the midwives at the hospital and it has caused so much stress it is ridiculous. Despite having a lot of milk (and I mean a lot) I am lucky to get 25ml a session meaning I have to pump at least 5 times for one feed. It comes standard with the 24mm breastshield which turns out is too big but nowhere in the manual does it mention the different sizes. So in my sleep deprived state I had to search the internet for solutions. It has caused so much stress to me with a new born that I am absolutely furious!!! 11 weeks later and I can still not leave my baby for more than 1.5 hours at a time.

Medela Swing... The Worst Breast Pump

Chuppachup
Chuppachup
Joey8
Joey8Perth, WA

Waste of money

I just spent $230 on this product, after using the hospital one which gave me 125mls in 20mins. I have struggled to get 50mls in an hour and eventually getting more from expressing by hand. So disappointed and angry I have wasted so much money and can't return it! Even worse I am unable to express so my partner can help with feeds.

Jims1
Jims1Perth, WA

Not so good.

I don't know what it is about this pump, it's useless and so overpriced! I ended up getting an Avent electric pump with manual attachment included for half the price of this and I've never looked back. It's brilliant!
My friend was also give one of these and ended up facing the same struggles as me and I got her onto the Avent and she is SO relieved, a lot less stress for all. Do yourself a favour go the Avent!

Ashish
AshishSydney, NSW

waste of money, time and ridiculous customer service

I bought Medela Swing Electric Breastpump from chemist warehouse Parramatta on Tuesday 7 July which stopped working on Friday evening.... Chemist warehouse can't exchange or return without speaking to Medela and I end up buying another medela product from Toysrus Parramatta over weekend.

Both products are faulty.... It was waste of time n money.

Toysrus have testing kit which they used on the product and refund the purchase price on same day.

Chemist warehouse is the best partner of medela.... They need testing person from medela to confirm product is faulty before refund..... Your money gets stuck

piece of frustrating @#$%

The swing pump is a waste of hard earned money. I have suffered such frustration, heartache and tears from this pump, only to find a manual from a competitor works MUCH better. The pump rarely worked, and not because of my supply which was plentiful when pumping using any other means. The parts were continually needing replacement, the suction was weak and frustrating. I could scream and many times wanted to throw this piece of you know what at a wall. Please do not buy this product, you will face endless frustration.

Jana
Jana

Didn't do anything waste of time and money

I bought this pump from toys r us on a Friday I was pumping 100mls in 20mins with a pump I hired from the hospital when I got this pump it took me 1hour to pump 50mls by the Monday I was lucky to get 30mls in an hour. I understand the one from the hospital is hospital grade Buy if I knew I could only get 30mls in the hour I wouldn't have bothered buying it. Toys r us said to deal with madela medela said to deal with toys r us so i have no pump nd an down 500 dollars 250 for the pump that doesn't work another 250 cause I went back to the hospital and hired there pump.my friend bought the madela double swing and alsosaid it was useless.

Nancy
Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous
Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps