Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 2 of 3)

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

Suction stopped after one day!!!! Very disappointing

I bought the Medela Swing and used it once. It worked really well. When I wanted to pump the next day, the suction was completely gone. I checked the assembly several times and attached it several times for a while but there was simply no more suction. Very disappointing product! $250 for a bottle that you can use. I wouldn't recommend this product at all. It's better to buy a different brand. I just hope we can still get a refund.

Poor Durability

Bought Medela Swing 5 days after delivery. Our nurse recommended the brand, so we decided to drop by Pharmaprix to try if they have any. Fortunately they have. And it was on sale, so I bought the manual and electric. Worked well the first 2 days, I was so pleased. It was not as painful as the manual pump yet I get more in less time. I alternated using manual and machine because I heard bad reviews about it breaking down. Unfirtunately, they were right. On the 3rd day it stopped. The machine still make the sound but it does not suction or pump milk at all. So frustrating.

Very disappointed!!!

I purchased the Medela swing used it for a couple of months once a day. Lost suction. I went a bought replacement parts and they did nothing. Went a purchased another one thinking it would be fine, this lost suction after a couple of weeks. So disappointed with this product as I've spent $600 all up. Rang the hotline and they were not helpful. So frustrated!!! Do not buy!!!

Broke down in 2 days

The pump broke down in 2 days. We got protection plan and warranty and it took us forever to get to talk to customer service. They are only open Monday to Friday 8-5 so if you have a newborn good luck finding time to call. They troubleshoot on the phone for 2 hours and at the end we send out the pump to them and we got the same thing back. Over $200 for a product that worked for 2 days!

Granto

GrantoWilberforce

Poor showing

Unhappy

Unhappy

Unreliable keeps failing

FadiaSydney

So disappointed!!!

Used Madela Swing and loved it until it decided to suck my nipple and not release it! I sent it back to Madela and basically they told me it's not repairable. The representatives I spoke to were so rude and did not want to help. I also purchased the Madela swing maxi and not even a month after use, the machine would turn off and make funny sounds. I'm so put off by this product and brand.

Awful!

Tracie

TracieBrisbane

Complete waste of money

I bought this pump on the recommendations of the midwives at the hospital and it has caused so much stress it is ridiculous. Despite having a lot of milk (and I mean a lot) I am lucky to get 25ml a session meaning I have to pump at least 5 times for one feed. It comes standard with the 24mm breastshield which turns out is too big but nowhere in the manual does it mention the different sizes. So in my sleep deprived state I had to search the internet for solutions. It has caused so much stress to me with a new born that I am absolutely furious!!! 11 weeks later and I can still not leave my baby for more than 1.5 hours at a time.

Medela Swing... The Worst Breast Pump

Chuppachup
Chuppachup
Joey8

Joey8Perth, WA

Waste of money

I just spent $230 on this product, after using the hospital one which gave me 125mls in 20mins. I have struggled to get 50mls in an hour and eventually getting more from expressing by hand. So disappointed and angry I have wasted so much money and can't return it! Even worse I am unable to express so my partner can help with feeds.

Jims1

Jims1Perth, WA

Not so good.

I don't know what it is about this pump, it's useless and so overpriced! I ended up getting an Avent electric pump with manual attachment included for half the price of this and I've never looked back. It's brilliant!
My friend was also give one of these and ended up facing the same struggles as me and I got her onto the Avent and she is SO relieved, a lot less stress for all. Do yourself a favour go the Avent!

Ashish

AshishSydney, NSW

waste of money, time and ridiculous customer service

I bought Medela Swing Electric Breastpump from chemist warehouse Parramatta on Tuesday 7 July which stopped working on Friday evening.... Chemist warehouse can't exchange or return without speaking to Medela and I end up buying another medela product from Toysrus Parramatta over weekend.

Both products are faulty.... It was waste of time n money.

Toysrus have testing kit which they used on the product and refund the purchase price on same day.

Chemist warehouse is the best partner of medela.... They need testing person from medela to confirm product is faulty before refund..... Your money gets stuck

piece of frustrating @#$%

The swing pump is a waste of hard earned money. I have suffered such frustration, heartache and tears from this pump, only to find a manual from a competitor works MUCH better. The pump rarely worked, and not because of my supply which was plentiful when pumping using any other means. The parts were continually needing replacement, the suction was weak and frustrating. I could scream and many times wanted to throw this piece of you know what at a wall. Please do not buy this product, you will face endless frustration.

Jana

Jana

Didn't do anything waste of time and money

I bought this pump from toys r us on a Friday I was pumping 100mls in 20mins with a pump I hired from the hospital when I got this pump it took me 1hour to pump 50mls by the Monday I was lucky to get 30mls in an hour. I understand the one from the hospital is hospital grade Buy if I knew I could only get 30mls in the hour I wouldn't have bothered buying it. Toys r us said to deal with madela medela said to deal with toys r us so i have no pump nd an down 500 dollars 250 for the pump that doesn't work another 250 cause I went back to the hospital and hired there pump.my friend bought the madela double swing and alsosaid it was useless.

May

May

bad product-worse customer service

used the pump for less than two weeks before the tube broke-can't be exchanged for new product at baby bunting as told would need to wait a minimum of two weeks for medela to be sent the product and decide on an outcome. ordered replacement part at own expense but have not received an estimated time of delivery despite two follow up emails. have had no choice but to feed baby formula-pretty awful customer service for a product which babies and mums rely on!

breaks all the time

As a first time mom, I shopped around and researched which pump to buy and finally decided on the Medela Swing. I made moderate use of the pump after my son was three months old, but somehow it seemed to always break at the most important moments, like when I was away from my son for business for a night or on weekend trips to the grandparents. Now my son is 6 months and the pump does not work at all. I cleaned it regularly and did everything the instructions and women in the shop told me to do and it kept breaking down regularly. I feel this product is overpriced and in the end really let me down and I regret buying it.

lisa

lisanorth ryde

Medela swing electric pumping

I am very disappointed with your product. After using the Medela swing electric pumping for a bit it broken. The pump doesn't suck anymore. What a waste of my money. Thank a lot

Desiree

DesireeCaboolture

Waste of money & the worst customer service ever!

After using this pump for my 1st child for approximately 6 months I stored the pump for 2 years until I had my second child. When I went to use it again it would not pump at all. I then contacted Medela to see if it could be prepared and borrowed my sisters in the meantime. After posting it to them it was lost in their company and they would take no responsibility or offer compensation. While borrowing my sisters hers began to cut out while in use. Hundreds of dollars wasted and the worst / rudest customer service I have EVER experienced.
SAVE YOUR MONEY AND HIRE ONE. Then take yourself to dayspa with the hundreds you would have spent instead of flushing it down to loo :)

E4841

E4841Perth, WA

Motor keeps cutting out & milk in tube!!!

Was given this pump for a present and it's useless. The motor keeps cutting out and milk keeps travelling up the tube. After several contact with Medela & following their suggestions nothing worked.

And because I dont have the original receipt they are unable to help me further. They eventually quoted me $150 to service the pump plus extra if new parts are needed. I only use this pump once a day otherwise I'll definitely look at buying a Spectra pump- better product and customer service.

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Meital

Meitalasked

Hi,
I just bought Medela Swing (single) and I don’t seem to understand something basic- I do know you can use it either with the plug-in or with the batteries but isn’t there a need to give it an initial charge (of 24 hours like it goes with the Freestyle I used to have, before it was unfortunately broken beyond repair)? Can I use it straight away after I bought it (plugged in) or should there be an initial charging time prior to first use?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Meital, thank you for reaching out! Because your Swing requires powering up with either batteries or mains power, you cannot 'charge' it as such, unlike the Freestyle which has a re-chargable battery. Your Swing pump is ready to use as soon as you receive it, either using batteries or plugged into mains power.

Hope this helps!

For further information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kind regards,

Amy G.
Amy G.

Nope, she’s ready to go. Just plug into the mains power and get pumping :)

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps