Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 3 of 3)

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
Joc267

Joc267Melbourne, Victoria

Weak breast pump

I am a midwife who had a baby a month ago so I am familiar with lactation and exposed to different brands of breast pump at work. We have the medela symphony (hospital grade) at work which I used after the birth of my son, so trusting the brand I purchased the swing to increase my milk supply at home. I am hugely disappointed at how weak the suction was and how much noise it made. It did not drain my breasts very well so I would end up pumping for longer than usual and having to massage my breasts while pumping to help 'squeeze' the milk out. I plan to sell it to buy a different pump tomorrow. Definitely won't be recommending this to any of my patients at work!
Light and portable
Expensive, weak suction and noisy

Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Looking for Electric Breast Pumps?

Read the reviews for Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Ad
Sidhus

SidhusSydney

Not as expected and complete failure!!

mummyreview

mummyreviewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Much better options available for price.

Was a medela devotee but found this pump to be next to useless. Slow, inefficient, noisy. The time taken to express small amounts was ridiculous. Granted, it's a portable pump designed for occasional use but really mine was hopeless in any situation. Have ditched it for a different brand and so much happier.
Interchangeable expressing set with hospital pumps. Little. Cute. Massage let-down mode.
Slow, suction and time needed to get results was extremely poor.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Medela Swing compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Carolyn

Carolyn

Very disappointing

I bought this under the advice of the hospital but wish I hadn't. It breaks down probably once a week and I have to pull everything part and try and put it all back together several times to get it going again... Am thinking today it just won't start working and I need bottles! It's not a supply issue, I have ample supply. It's this stupid pump. I'm so sick of having problems with it. It's also noisy and for the price, you'd expect a lot better. I might go back to buying another Avent like I used with my first child... That never had these problems.
When it works I'm able to get milk out
It's a bit slow, quite noisy and breaks down often

Dont purchase!

Breaks constantly, medela don't let you replace regardless of what you are told at purchase. Milk goes to motor. Don't buy it. Because I work I had to express so that I didn't lose my milk supply and it constantly broke and the chemist refuse to exchange it and medela are just as useless! So I lost my milk supply. Waste of money!!!

Expensive waste of money

medela swing breast pump!

this is the worst pump ever ..... i chemist warehouse to return it in 4 days and was asked to ring the medala group directly .,,,,, am been given the run around for my money back... this is the worst pump do not believe this been called the best pump ... look for some other brand .... u will be frastrated if you go for this,
expensive
poor sucsion

TheKnights
TheKnights

Perhaps you had the wrong cup size? there are different sizes and found I had the same problem when I was using one too small

Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Looking for Electric Breast Pumps?

Read the reviews for Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Ad

Terrible

Don't waste your money. You won't get your money's worth on this one and the battle to try and get it replaced is exhausting.
Easily portable
Everything. After 4 months of use, my swing constantly stops and starts during a cycle and is a battle to complete an express. This literally frustrates me to tears. What should take 20 minutes can take up to an hour. Moisture builds up in the tubes really quickly despite 'running' the machine after every use and am currently jumping through loopholes to try and get it replaced. Although marketed as okay for full time use, clearly it is incapable of doing so. I express 5 - 6 times per day.

Terrible

dont buy it,too expensive,if a pumped worked well ide pay this amount for it but not this one,get more milk hand expressing !!!

everything,its terrible,does nothing,cant get any milk out,i used a manual avent before that was 6 years old and worked much better.i thought it was time to upgrade and thought ide get heaps of milk but barely a thing,is sooo noisy too.not much suction,slow very dissapointed,what a waste of money

Daisycakes

Daisycakes

Terrible

I would not buy this pump it's terrible. It does not survive frequent use, my baby is only 8 months old and I have had 3 faulty medela pumps altogether (also had the mini electric).
Compact and quiet.
Poor quality! I had to return my first unit as it kept switching off while in use, after 6 weeks the replacement unit has the same fault. The air hose is easily knocked out place and the silicon cup becomes wrinkled after a while and then does not suck as well.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Medela Swing compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Meital

Meitalasked

Hi,
I just bought Medela Swing (single) and I don’t seem to understand something basic- I do know you can use it either with the plug-in or with the batteries but isn’t there a need to give it an initial charge (of 24 hours like it goes with the Freestyle I used to have, before it was unfortunately broken beyond repair)? Can I use it straight away after I bought it (plugged in) or should there be an initial charging time prior to first use?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Meital, thank you for reaching out! Because your Swing requires powering up with either batteries or mains power, you cannot 'charge' it as such, unlike the Freestyle which has a re-chargable battery. Your Swing pump is ready to use as soon as you receive it, either using batteries or plugged into mains power.

Hope this helps!

For further information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kind regards,

Amy G.
Amy G.

Nope, she’s ready to go. Just plug into the mains power and get pumping :)

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps