Medela Swing

• Comfort
Tilly

TillyPerth, WA

Disappointed

For such a well advertised brand I am disappointed at how average this pump is. The suction isn't that powerful and it's very noisy. I'm glad I brought this second hand because id be devasted spending the money on it brand new. If I'd known earlier I was going to pump i would had have brought a Spectra pump!

Purchased at Gumtree for $75.00.

Jane L.

Jane L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works well but always dies

This is my second medela swing. The pump works well but the milk often travels up the plastic tubing into the unit- and you have to unplug it to clear it out. The but has died- will not punk anymore. I can’t return it as I bought it with my older child. I will not be buying another from all accounts for spectra is the one to go for.

Purchased in June 2017 at Baby Bunting for $299.00.

AnniPerth

not satisfied

Really under-satisfied with this pump. Only worked averagely if that, for a month or two before the pump suction, was weak and it took forever to pump milk out. I couldn't even use it by the end of my breastfeeding days it was so frustrating. Especially for how expensive it is, this product should have worked way longer than the price tag.

Anni

Hi Pauline, thank you so much for responding. Unfortunately, after I read the Marie Kondo book, I got rid of all packaging and it was gifted to me at my babyshower so had no way of getting warranty, otherwise i would have. Warm wishes, Anni

H.M

H.MSydney

Very noisy machine

I used a medela pumping machine at the hospital and therefore purchased the swing maxi machine for home. I'm very disappointed with how noisy this machine is. I didn't expect it at all as the hospital one was quite. I tried to put it on soft surfaces as the sofa and a pillow but it doesn't really solve the problem.

Medela A.Medela

Don’t waste your money on a double!!

I purchased the medela swing double electric pump based on the reviews had good expectations. I spent over 1/2hr trying to double pump to have no results. It does work with reasonable results when using as a single pump only.
When we contacted medela customer support and spoke to a rude woman called [name removed], she told me she would arrange a refund, then changed to say it had to be tested and when asked what I was to do without a pump during that time she could not offer me anything.

Whatever you do, don’t waste your money buying the double! God help you if you need to contact customer support!

Medela A.Medela

Less than a month old barely used doesn’t work

I purchased this to use every now and then when I’m planning to go out with my newborn twins. As I would much rather bottle feed them breast milk than formula.
It lost suction after about 6 uses . I tried to return it and found this quite difficult as Medela have made “rules” making it so the chemist’s don’t get reimbursed, unless they jump through hoops due to the large number of returns.
Very disappointed, I wish I just went with another brand

Del678

Del678Brisbane

Hard to clean, gets mouldy in valve parts

The machine works fine but even though I separate parts and wash in hot water after every use as directed, mould has still grown in the valves and tube connections. I am now having to buy a whole new valve from Medela. If I were to buy a new pump I would go for a "closed system" next time.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We will contact you in a private message, Kind regards, customer service.

TanvirDoncaster

lost suction power

Hi, this oroduct was working fine but my wife has to use it very often and it lost its suction power although still making that usual noise but no auction power at all. I throwed oit the receipt too, Can this please be fixed ? 0470 373 436 can someone please contact

Tanvir

Yes thanks if you can let me know how to fix this that will be great. I purchaded it 2 months ago in Chemist Warehouse doncaster road, i already talked to them but they are saying its not refundable.

Andy

AndyPerth

Overrated

Breaks Down After 500 Hours

I've only been pumping for about 5 months and now the milk in bubbling in the top and going up the tube. I looked at other reviews and apparently after 500 hours this is normal for it to start playing up. I'm very disappointed as I loved it before and now am going to buy an Avent one!

Elsie.W

Elsie.WAdelaide

Not good as expected

ColleenPerth

Good product, poor costumer service

Used 2 years ago for about 3 months, then put into storage! Took out to prepare for second baby and realised I left batteries in (this caused corrision, and apparently there is guidelines in the manual ?who reads a manual with a newborn). Did not work.
Anyways contacted customer services who were less than helpful, and they didn't offer any sort of repair /deals!
Disappointed as it was expensive and barely used! Lookin into supporting a different brand

Colleen

I have since bought the spectra double pump and it is amazing!! Works really well, easy to use, closed system and much cheaper :)

Moveslikejagger

MoveslikejaggerAU

It would be great if the power cord worked properly

This pump was great when I first got it. I used to really like the Medela brand as it was the one I used in hospital after my baby was born. I hadn't used it long when it started turning off all the time. Sometimes it turns off 10 times a session. I told my friend and she said she has to hold the power cord in while using her medela mini electric. It was the second one she had bought with the same problem. I'd say it is quite a common fault.
Quiet, easy to use, small.
Power cord doesn't work, or dies after not long using it.

cookies

cookiesAU

Does the job, not 100%

I managed to get some milk out but the cords attached to it were very stiff & keep falling off when I move to other positions, its fustrating at times. The suction was not as good as I can still feel more milk but was not able to get it out.
Did the job.
suction not strong, cords too tangly & keep on coming off.

smaisey

smaiseyAU

ceils

ceils

Bad

I didn't continue to use it, as I got better results from my hand pump. Not very impressed, but I'm sure that if I persisted with it, it would have been great.
the 2 phase pump helped with the let down. the automatic pump was easier on my hand than the manual. I could take batteries, so it was portable
Made a weird noise. I had very little control over the pace of suction. It was a bit fiddly with tube and getting position right

kaishra

kaishraTownsville, Qld

Bad

I bought my pump second hand after talking to a few women about theirs and although they all said it was great, I found it the opposite. I have been using a manual pump for years and wanted to upgrade to save my hands the strain but I found that the suction was very weak and so I got very little milk out each time I tried. I also tried putting the flexible shield from another brands pump onto the Swing which did help slightly but the lack of suction really made it difficult to use.
It's battery operated so you don't have to always find a power point
Everything else!

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Meital

Meitalasked

Hi,
I just bought Medela Swing (single) and I don’t seem to understand something basic- I do know you can use it either with the plug-in or with the batteries but isn’t there a need to give it an initial charge (of 24 hours like it goes with the Freestyle I used to have, before it was unfortunately broken beyond repair)? Can I use it straight away after I bought it (plugged in) or should there be an initial charging time prior to first use?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Meital, thank you for reaching out! Because your Swing requires powering up with either batteries or mains power, you cannot 'charge' it as such, unlike the Freestyle which has a re-chargable battery. Your Swing pump is ready to use as soon as you receive it, either using batteries or plugged into mains power.

Hope this helps!

For further information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kind regards,

Amy G.
Amy G.

Nope, she’s ready to go. Just plug into the mains power and get pumping :)

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps