Medela Swing

• Comfort
Dan

DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy with purchase!

Purchase single pump back in 2019!
Haven’t had any issue it a pretty amazing pump love that if portable and you can take it on the go with you!

I do wish the overall machine was smaller.

Purchased for $199.00.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Dan, thank you so much for taking the time to review our Swing single electric breast pump! We love that it has helped you to be able to pump on-the-go.

Shanice

Shanice

It worked just fine

I bought the maxi double pump, however if I used both at the same time it dramatically made a difference if the suction ability and therefore milk production. I resorted to using just the one at a time which made for a long process, about an hour to pump both sides.

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting for $400.00.

Ky N

Ky NGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy to use

I bought this one when my son was born. I feel that it is very reliable machine cause it took out all of my milk. I recommend this product for someone who find that it is hard for breastfeeding.

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $249.99.

Janey N.

Janey N.

Research alternatives

I find this pump mostly unreliable. Most times Ive used it Ive had an issue. Milk getting in the tubing, little or no suction, hissing sounds from tubing insert. I have however fixed these issues relatively easy by reading troubleshoot forums. I find the ease of buying attachments and bottles tho appealing as medela is everywhere

Purchased in December 2018 for $200.00.

NicoleSydney, NSW

Did well at first but then MOLD!

It worked well and I really liked it! At first.
I packed it away after not needing it anymore, I have recently pulled it out a month after packing it away and pumped some milk. The tab got stuck (understandably as it was sitting for a while) and milk got sucked into the machine. I opened it up straight away to find mold!!! I Won’t use it anymore and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Purchased in January 2019 for $300.00.

Nicole

Thanks for the reply, I did replace tubing and the sponge and continued to use it. It is a bit of a hassle still. I still like the pump when it comes to expressing the milk.

Medela A.Medela

Thanks, Nicole should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service. We will be only too happy to assist.

May

May

Great portable option

This pump is wonderful when out and about! Compact to pack up and discreet to use at high tea, dinner or even at the movies... Just make sure you remember all the parts!

Purchased in April 2017.

Usage FrequencyLong-term

Fel

FelSydney, NSW

Nothing can’t go wrong with it

First time for me to use this breast pump. It has good quality and save a lot of time compare to the previous one i had. Price is higher than others.

Purchased in October 2018.

garth k.

garth k.

Gets the job done

The medela swing pump is simple, easy to use and clean. I prefer to use it plugged into the mains as the batteries start to run out fairly quickly and reduce suction.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Ale M.

Ale M.Sydney, NSW

So-so

I purchased this as a couple of girlfriends are also using it. It’s so-so, I hand express after pumping and still get quite a bit afterwards, so I feel like it’s not that good. It’s easy to clean but the tubes does have some water in them.

Purchased in January 2018.

Mika

Mika

Good and reliable

I use this 3-4 times a day, very easy to disemble and clean, quite compact and pretty quiet. I never used it portable so don’t know what it’s like on the go. I do find I can usually pump more with hospital grade pump though. But would recommend this to anyone. Maybe even a double pump instead of single would be better.

Purchased in September 2018 for $300.00.

ShellPerth, WA

Slow but does the job

I use this pump twice a day.
It does the job but it takes over 30 mins each side.
I have been using for 8 months and the motor seems to be wearing out. Its getting slower and louder.
Easy to use and clean.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $260.00.

Shell

Hi, I dont use batteries at all. Just directly to the main power. I bought it from baby bunting so I cant see them helping to be honest.

Hi Shell
As long as you have a valid receipt they should be able to assist you.
kind regards

Courtney VSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use and pretty good pump but not working after 5 days

I bought the double pump straight out of hospital with my bub and was using 8 times a day due to poor latch and supply. Started off great but after 5 days it basically broke, suddenly the pump lost about 70% suction and couldn’t get any milk out. The two days I was without a pump was terrible for my supply. I borrowed my sisters which was the same pump and it had served me well 3 months on, but it breaking so quickly was so disappointing consider it’s not cheap. Keep your receipt! I haven’t done anything yet about it so I cannot comment on customer service

Purchased in November 2018 at Chemist Warehouse.

Courtney V

To add, it turn out it was the tubes that were the issue. An easy replace but not great that they needed it in less than a week

dmn

dmnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Machine. Easy to use.

Hi dmn
Thank you for your email and review of the Medela Swing. It is always nice to hear our customers responding in such a positive way.

Laura

LauraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad for a small pump, easy to transport and use with batteries

This breast pump served me well - it was a good pump and did help with expressing breast pump at home. It was fairly comfortable but did make a lot of noise in my opinion. I ended up hiring a hospital grade pump for the first month or so then used this one. I really liked. Ring able to use it with the cord and just batteries. It was really good when we went away for trips, the pump was small and light enough to take. Parts were easy to clean. I was quite satisfied with the amount of milk I got expressing but did find it a little loud to use.

Chris

Chris

Really good.

Was very comfortable, easy to use and portable!
I used this pump anywhere from 5-10 times a day and I found it really great at keeping my supply up.
I used this pump and a pump from the hospital and found it just as effective.
The only downside is having to pump one side at a time

Roo

RooMelbourne

Good pump to start with

This was the first time i used some electric breast pump, and settled on medela swing. What i really like about the pump is its suction and let down function. You can adjust the speed and suction of the pump as per the requirement. Definitely helps to express more milk. The packaging itself was quite impressive as it provided with all the essentials. May be i found it bit noisy at the time other than that highly recommend this products.

Hi Roo
Thank you for your review of the Medela Swing breast pump. It is always lovely to hear positive feedback from our Customers.

Dee

DeeSouthern highlands nsw

Great and compact breast pump

My friend gifted me this pump.
It is Easy to use and small which is good for travelling with. Can also use with 4xAA batteries.

The only annoying thing is that Occasionally the pump doesn't pump. It is weak pumping and not sufficient to do the job. I sterilise the part that attaches to the pump and this works and this is what I assume is the problem.
The only other issue is that I use the bottle
For breast milk and formula. I can't mix formula in the bottle because it is not rubber sealed and leaks everywhere when I shake the bottle.
Another minor issue is that when sterilising the bottle as recommended, the medela branding on the bottle has progressively faded.
Other than that great electric pump.

Joanne

JoanneSydney

Easy to use

It is easy for me to use and maintain it in sterile condition. It was extremely comfortable to use and was discreet and quiet but I thought that it could have been better if the suction to the breast was more coz I found too much air was able to sneak under! It has good size itself and very easy to bring it with you to travel or bring it back to work.

HI Joanne
Thank you for your feedback, the Swing certainly is a great compact pump designed for busy mothers on the move. It is always great to hear from a happy Customer.

TarsB

TarsBNewcastle

Was a God send

I used this pump with my first baby and it came highly recommended to me by other Mums. It was very easy to use and came with a detailed booklet on how to effectively use, clean and store the pump. It was easily transportable and I was able to travel overseas with this pump. It was easy to express the milk with this however the next time I would get the double pump to save on time.

Sela

SelaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gentle and portable

Pump was gentle unlike others were it feels like your nipple will get sucked thru too. Portable and also quiet- you can change the different speeds, I liked the slower pulse, it obviously did take a bit longer, but I was still intact after lol. love the little bag that comes with it, the bottles are also expensive but totally worth it!

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Meital

Meitalasked

Hi,
I just bought Medela Swing (single) and I don’t seem to understand something basic- I do know you can use it either with the plug-in or with the batteries but isn’t there a need to give it an initial charge (of 24 hours like it goes with the Freestyle I used to have, before it was unfortunately broken beyond repair)? Can I use it straight away after I bought it (plugged in) or should there be an initial charging time prior to first use?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Meital, thank you for reaching out! Because your Swing requires powering up with either batteries or mains power, you cannot 'charge' it as such, unlike the Freestyle which has a re-chargable battery. Your Swing pump is ready to use as soon as you receive it, either using batteries or plugged into mains power.

Hope this helps!

For further information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kind regards,

Amy G.
Amy G.

Nope, she’s ready to go. Just plug into the mains power and get pumping :)

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps