Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 2 of 23)

Listing monitored by Medela

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
Larns
LarnsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love the Medela Swing

The Medela swing is everything you need in a breast pump. I use it almost everyday to pump excess milk to avoid mastitis and blocked ducts. It is quick, quiet, small and i'm able to express 180ml in less than 5 minutes. I bought the pack that came with the bottle and lid. Only thing that would make it better is an extra bottle - one is quite limited. I'd also recommend having options for different size nipple shields as the one in the box was too small for me.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bedding Physical store for $180.00.

NicoleSydney, NSW

Did well at first but then MOLD!

It worked well and I really liked it! At first.
I packed it away after not needing it anymore, I have recently pulled it out a month after packing it away and pumped some milk. The tab got stuck (understandably as it was sitting for a while) and milk got sucked into the machine. I opened it up straight away to find mold!!! I Won’t use it anymore and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Purchased in January 2019 for $300.00.

Nicole

Thanks for the reply, I did replace tubing and the sponge and continued to use it. It is a bit of a hassle still. I still like the pump when it comes to expressing the milk.

Medela A.Medela

Thanks, Nicole should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service. We will be only too happy to assist.

Lisa S.
Lisa S.

Best pump ever

I loved my medella swing when I was breast feeding! Previously had tried the advent one and it wasn’t nearly as good as this. Can be used with batteries so you can take it anywhere.

Purchased for $200.00.

lishylee
lishylee

Amazing product.

This pump is very confortable and effective to use. I have used this pump daily for months with no issues with suction etc. It is so handy to travel with, I have purchased four AA batteries that I recharge and use at home and travelling and this function is invaluble to not be stuck to a wall. It is a bit louder than the medela symphony that I used in hospital and also rented for a few weeks before I realised I would definetely benefit from owning one, the noise is no issue though and I would purchase this again as I am very happy with it. I am very happy with how much I am able to express with this product even now 9 months pp.

Purchased in November 2018 at Chemist Warehouse.

Gia J.
Gia J.

Best pump ever

After trying 3 pumps I can say this is the best!
You can clip it into your shorts and walk around the house doing stuff while pumping.
I’d recommend to anyone

Purchased in December 2018 at Chemist Warehouse for $200.00.

Medela A.Medela

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Jillian
JillianHobart, TAS

So easy and effective

This is so simple and nice to use compared to others I've used with my first born that can be so confusing and frustrating. Soo basic to use but works amazing. The hospital where i live use medela so it's a no brainer they're great. Easy to use on the go as they aren't bulky. They're also quiet. My medela swing was what got me through 4 months of exclusively pumping. So easy to pull apart and clean with minimal parts

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $200.00.

dsharma
dsharmaSydney, NSW

Its fantastic

I used it when i gave birth to have breaks from BF and they are great. Just at times there would be some muck in the pipe and its sooo difficult to get rid of it. its a little bit noisy so you cant be in the same room as your sleeping baby.

Purchased in April 2017 at Baby Bunting for $250.00.

May
May

Great portable option

This pump is wonderful when out and about! Compact to pack up and discreet to use at high tea, dinner or even at the movies... Just make sure you remember all the parts!

Purchased in April 2017.

Usage Frequency Long-term

Fel
FelSydney, NSW

Nothing can’t go wrong with it

First time for me to use this breast pump. It has good quality and save a lot of time compare to the previous one i had. Price is higher than others.

Purchased in October 2018.

garth k.
garth k.

Gets the job done

The medela swing pump is simple, easy to use and clean. I prefer to use it plugged into the mains as the batteries start to run out fairly quickly and reduce suction.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Jeee2
Jeee2Sydney, NSW

Best gift ever

I got this as a gift and I couldn’t be happier with it and it works great with me but unfortunately the paid in the rubber sometimes hurt so you guys just buy the protection pads but for new born mother perfect gift

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $399.00.

Ale M.
Ale M.Sydney, NSW

So-so

I purchased this as a couple of girlfriends are also using it. It’s so-so, I hand express after pumping and still get quite a bit afterwards, so I feel like it’s not that good. It’s easy to clean but the tubes does have some water in them.

Purchased in January 2018.

Mika
Mika

Good and reliable

I use this 3-4 times a day, very easy to disemble and clean, quite compact and pretty quiet. I never used it portable so don’t know what it’s like on the go. I do find I can usually pump more with hospital grade pump though. But would recommend this to anyone. Maybe even a double pump instead of single would be better.

Purchased in September 2018 for $300.00.

ShellPerth, WA

Slow but does the job

I use this pump twice a day.
It does the job but it takes over 30 mins each side.
I have been using for 8 months and the motor seems to be wearing out. Its getting slower and louder.
Easy to use and clean.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $260.00.

Shell

Hi, I dont use batteries at all. Just directly to the main power. I bought it from baby bunting so I cant see them helping to be honest.

Hi Shell
As long as you have a valid receipt they should be able to assist you.
kind regards

Courtney VSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use and pretty good pump but not working after 5 days

I bought the double pump straight out of hospital with my bub and was using 8 times a day due to poor latch and supply. Started off great but after 5 days it basically broke, suddenly the pump lost about 70% suction and couldn’t get any milk out. The two days I was without a pump was terrible for my supply. I borrowed my sisters which was the same pump and it had served me well 3 months on, but it breaking so quickly was so disappointing consider it’s not cheap. Keep your receipt! I haven’t done anything yet about it so I cannot comment on customer service

Purchased in November 2018 at Chemist Warehouse.

Courtney V

To add, it turn out it was the tubes that were the issue. An easy replace but not great that they needed it in less than a week

Karrissa
Karrissa

Fantastic product.

This pump is amazing! I love that you can plug it in to a power point at home or use batteries if you are out and about and need to pump! Very comfortable while pumping.

Purchased in February 2015 for $250.00.

Dani
DaniPerth

Great Breast Pump

dmn
dmnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Machine. Easy to use.

Hi dmn
Thank you for your email and review of the Medela Swing. It is always nice to hear our customers responding in such a positive way.

Laura
LauraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad for a small pump, easy to transport and use with batteries

This breast pump served me well - it was a good pump and did help with expressing breast pump at home. It was fairly comfortable but did make a lot of noise in my opinion. I ended up hiring a hospital grade pump for the first month or so then used this one. I really liked. Ring able to use it with the cord and just batteries. It was really good when we went away for trips, the pump was small and light enough to take. Parts were easy to clean. I was quite satisfied with the amount of milk I got expressing but did find it a little loud to use.

Renee
ReneeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy

I used this pump for 2 months while my son was in hospital. It is fantastic i could pin it to me and walk around to do things while pumping still, its light and compact. The children's hospital also have the larger version of these pumps and this little thing is just as good. Definitely will recommend to others.

Ney
NeyBrisbane

Prefect for pumping.

Very comfortable and effective as a first time mum, very gentle on the nipples. I used it daily after the birth of my daughter - expressed so her father could also experience feeding our child. I didn't travel with it as most time expressing was at home however it did does come in a handy bag with a little bottle stand (with the adapter or battery operated) some nights I would just use the battery operated mode and I didn't like cords around sometimes and the battery lasted a long time for pumping.

I was satisfied with the amount able to express for my daughter.

Chris
Chris

Really good.

Was very comfortable, easy to use and portable!
I used this pump anywhere from 5-10 times a day and I found it really great at keeping my supply up.
I used this pump and a pump from the hospital and found it just as effective.
The only downside is having to pump one side at a time

Roo
RooMelbourne

Good pump to start with

This was the first time i used some electric breast pump, and settled on medela swing. What i really like about the pump is its suction and let down function. You can adjust the speed and suction of the pump as per the requirement. Definitely helps to express more milk. The packaging itself was quite impressive as it provided with all the essentials. May be i found it bit noisy at the time other than that highly recommend this products.

Hi Roo
Thank you for your review of the Medela Swing breast pump. It is always lovely to hear positive feedback from our Customers.

Dee
DeeSouthern highlands nsw

Great and compact breast pump

My friend gifted me this pump.
It is Easy to use and small which is good for travelling with. Can also use with 4xAA batteries.

The only annoying thing is that Occasionally the pump doesn't pump. It is weak pumping and not sufficient to do the job. I sterilise the part that attaches to the pump and this works and this is what I assume is the problem.
The only other issue is that I use the bottle
For breast milk and formula. I can't mix formula in the bottle because it is not rubber sealed and leaks everywhere when I shake the bottle.
Another minor issue is that when sterilising the bottle as recommended, the medela branding on the bottle has progressively faded.
Other than that great electric pump.

Courty
Courty

Love this product!

This breast pump is fantastic! I have recently changed brands and the Medela is nice and quiet to use. It pulls apart easily which makes cleaning a breeze and I find it small and compact so it is easy to travel with. It is also comfortable while expressing around the clock as my old breast pump gave me blisters!!! Love it!

Shimeji
Shimejiasked

Hi,
I've got medela swing as second hand from my friend. She said I better replace some hygienic parts to new ones but not sure which parts.
Could you give me some advice please?

AGRAY
AGRAY

I would definitely replace the tubes and flanges.

Nancy
Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous
Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps