Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 4 of 23)

Listing monitored by Medela

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
Andrea17
Andrea17SYDNEY

Easy to use and effective

Very handy, small pump that can be both mains and battery powered. Easy and comfortable to use, effective in pumping out milk. I can imagine that it could be popped in a bag for on the go pumping as required. Spare parts easily obtainable from Chemist Warehouse, Baby Bunting etc as required.

Rid S
Rid SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect product for ftm..

Medela swing pump easy to use and works really good.Being a First time mother it was a great help to storing extra supply for my baby. It was very easy to clean and assembled it. I purchased it from baby bunting it’s was on sale and it was not a regretful decision.. really happy with the product and definitely using for my next baby..

Rhiannon
RhiannonBenalla

Perfect for a FTM

This pump is very easy and comfortable to use, it is simple but effective. It’s easy to clean and pull out whenever you need it, I highly recommend this product to anyone as it is a great buy and I can see myself using for my entire breast feeding experience

Cheryl
CherylMelbourne

Help me a lot

Since I am two boys' mother currently , the medela pumping help me a lot in the past few years .The swing is gentle and easy to pump breast milk out .
Just one thing want to mention , don't buy single side pumping ,that's the only thing I regret. It is not efficient.
Make sure to buy double side !!

Sara
SaraBrisbane

Gets the job done!

Easy to use, compact and is battery operated which makes it portable. I’ve had mine since May and still going well! It is a little loud but I’m sure not the loudest. Seems easy enough to clean too just in my microwave steam bag! I would use it again with next baby for sure!!

Medela A.Medela

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Ninigirl
NinigirlMelbourne

Good for occasional use

In the beginning I thought the Swing was all that I needed but then I hired out the hospital grade and felt the difference. The Swing is less powerful so probably wasn't the best choice for initial stimulation of more milk production. But it is a good choice for home-use to pump for on the go.

sarah corcoran
sarah corcoran

This is the best breast pump invented

I loved this breast pump. I had problems feeding my son. So I started pumping and I shocked about the amount I was expressing. I used the aventis breast pump but not much breast milk would be expressed. I would defiantly pay the extra $$ and do my expressing in half the time. It was easy to use and easy to clean.

Katherine
KatherineMelbourne

Couldn’t have done it without this

I literally used this everyday, it saved me for my second child!! It is super simple to use, set up and clean. I used the machine for most feeds, maybe 30mins for both sides maximum. If I had another baby I would definitely purchase this small easy pump for sure

Sair
Sair

A must have for new mums

This is a must for any new Mum. It saves so much time, compared to using manual ones. There are a few settings that you can use to work out which speed and f rhythm is comfortable and suitable for you. I found this product very easy to clean and use. I would definately recommend and already have recommended this product to anybody breast feeding

Frances C
Frances CAU

Great pump

The medela swing pump is easy to use, comfortable and user friendly. It has a variety of settings and starts off by massaging to stimulate milk. My only issue is the cup size, they need smaller sizes as not everyone can use it to the best of its potential if it’s too big.

Jaz
JazGold Coast

Great product- does everything it should

We purchased this after our son was born and cannot fault it.
Does everything it should. We purchased the essentials pack for $228 from Baby Bunting that came with some bottles and pouches as well.
It's easy to clean.
I just brought the Medela Easy Expression Bustier - Black - Medium from Baby Bunting to make life easier as it does get a bit annoying having to hold the pump to you.
Batteries last a few weeks and can be used plugged in too.
Speed options are good and I don't find it painful so have recommended to a few women having babies.

Sam
Sam

It does the job

The pump works very well however I find it frustrating when it comes to washing , the filter broke and I had to replace it after second use. The pump was helpful initially when I used it to establish breastmilk however, I was disappointed that I couldn't express well due to time limit. I wish it could be used for longer than 20 min at a time.

Tahlia
TahliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect!

I have used medela for my twins and my youngest. I love how it can either be plugged into the wall or used on the go with batteries. I would require long sittings with my pump due to expressing for twins while in special care and early days of being home and it never skipped a beat.

Sally NMelbourne

Efficient but can be a bit noisy

I went from a manual pump to the Mandela swing. It was an easy transition. At first it looked like it would be hard to clean with all the tubing but once I got the hang of it, it was easy enough to clean the funnels and pack away the pump in its bag. Towards the end of a pump, it can get quite noisy as you turn it up (stronger pump) the less milk you have.

Sally N

Thanks for the tip Shannone.

KazR
KazRSydney

Awesome Pump!

Pumping milk has never been so easy! The medela is comfortable to use and takes far less time to extract a decent amount of milk than other brands. It all pulls apart for easy cleaning and with its handy carry bag everything is easy to find. I also like that it is compact and portable, making it perfect to take with you if are out. Love love love my Medela

Jade
JadeNorthern Region, NSW

Great basic breast pump

The Medela swing is a great basic breast pump. I purchased due to great brand reputation and wanted something easy to use as a first time mum. I use approximately 4 times per day and find it comfortable and easy to clean. It's portable so would be easy to take with me on the go if needed.

Amy
AmyPerth

Good pump

Very good at extracting the milk was so handy to have when I wanted to get some sleep and hubby could feed bubs. The parts were a little hard to find and the tube got some moisture in it. it was nice and compact though so store nice and easy

Cherrie
CherrieSydney, NSW

Small powerful and very handy breast pump

This small machine is very handy and very useful to me for the last 2 babies. Its very easy to use and handy to bring. Works on adaptor and battery. Suction is very functional and easy to clean. Since this is handy and small, you can conceal it in your bag while you express milk and do something else like eat snacks during break or tea time.

Rach W
Rach WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good with frequent use

Exclusively expressed with my first and expressing 1-2 times daily with my second and using the same pump so very happy with its longevity.

Replacement parts can be purchased such as breast shields and valves etc which is handy. Medela and pigeon brand bottles screw directly into pump which is fabulous too.

Expensive but found on sale at chemist warehouse. I like that this brand is used in hospitals so seemed reputable.

WynonaW
WynonaWMelbourne

Definitely the best

This pump came in handy in the first week of us being parents. We purchased from Baby Bunting and thankfully it was on sale and came in a pack with tonnes of accessories. The machine is loud, as they all are but the fact that you could change pressure was always fantastic. It was very easy to clean and the parts didn't need changing as often as I thought they would. All in all, for something other than a hospital pump I would definitely go for this one or the maxi with 2 pump attachments. Medela is a great brand!

Medela A.Medela

Portable but takes ages to complete a pump session

I bought this pump for use with my first baby, then used it again with my second. I do remember thinking sometimes it would take forever to get all the milk out, like over 30 minutes. Still, it's very portable. My 3rd child was a 29 weeker so I've been exclusively pumping for a while, and this little pump just didn't cut it. Took too long (upwards of 45 minutes a session) and I was was always sore after. I've since gotten a Spectra s2 which is working better but is enormous and not very portable. I must say it could be that the medela just old and at the end of its life, but I did always find it took a long time when using this pump. I think the suck cycle was to short for me.

Margaret Lay
Margaret LaySydney

Does it’s job

Medals Swing is a great product. Not that same as breastfeeding but it does it’s job. I had to use this at the start of breastfeeding and still do for the days that I cannot breastfeed. It is easy to use, comfortable and easy to clean. Would recommend this product.

Julia
Julia

Love my pump

My medela single pump is easy to use, easy to clean and assemble. I use it very morning and get 100mls to store and do a full feed , it only take aBout 5 min on each breast.
I like the Calma teat and bottle too . I would highly recommend medela .
I also use the cleaning detergent

Ella
EllaRosehill

The best! Saved all my milk

Very comfortabe very easy to use and most of all very compact that I can bring it anywhere. I bought it 2 months after my bby is born because my milk supply is decreasing and oh boy, my milk supply increased again after just a day of using it every 3 hours. Would definitely use it again for my next babies

Icy
IcyAdelaide

It did the job

I used this pump to pump for a friends adopted baby. It was easy to use and worked well. Easy to clean too. I used it for pumping for 3 babies and helped when my breasts were over full.
I would recommend this breast pump to other mothers but as I’ve finished having babies, I’m done :)

Shimeji
Shimejiasked

Hi,
I've got medela swing as second hand from my friend. She said I better replace some hygienic parts to new ones but not sure which parts.
Could you give me some advice please?

AGRAY
AGRAY

I would definitely replace the tubes and flanges.

Nancy
Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous
Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps