Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 2 of 15)

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
Roo

RooMelbourne

Good pump to start with

This was the first time i used some electric breast pump, and settled on medela swing. What i really like about the pump is its suction and let down function. You can adjust the speed and suction of the pump as per the requirement. Definitely helps to express more milk. The packaging itself was quite impressive as it provided with all the essentials. May be i found it bit noisy at the time other than that highly recommend this products.

Hi Roo
Thank you for your review of the Medela Swing breast pump. It is always lovely to hear positive feedback from our Customers.
Kind regards
Pauline

Dee

DeeSouthern highlands nsw

Great and compact breast pump

My friend gifted me this pump.
It is Easy to use and small which is good for travelling with. Can also use with 4xAA batteries.

The only annoying thing is that Occasionally the pump doesn't pump. It is weak pumping and not sufficient to do the job. I sterilise the part that attaches to the pump and this works and this is what I assume is the problem.
The only other issue is that I use the bottle
For breast milk and formula. I can't mix formula in the bottle because it is not rubber sealed and leaks everywhere when I shake the bottle.
Another minor issue is that when sterilising the bottle as recommended, the medela branding on the bottle has progressively faded.
Other than that great electric pump.

Joanne

JoanneSydney

Easy to use

It is easy for me to use and maintain it in sterile condition. It was extremely comfortable to use and was discreet and quiet but I thought that it could have been better if the suction to the breast was more coz I found too much air was able to sneak under! It has good size itself and very easy to bring it with you to travel or bring it back to work.

HI Joanne
Thank you for your feedback, the Swing certainly is a great compact pump designed for busy mothers on the move. It is always great to hear from a happy Customer.
Kind regards
Pauline

TarsB

TarsBNewcastle

Was a God send

I used this pump with my first baby and it came highly recommended to me by other Mums. It was very easy to use and came with a detailed booklet on how to effectively use, clean and store the pump. It was easily transportable and I was able to travel overseas with this pump. It was easy to express the milk with this however the next time I would get the double pump to save on time.

Sela

SelaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gentle and portable

Pump was gentle unlike others were it feels like your nipple will get sucked thru too. Portable and also quiet- you can change the different speeds, I liked the slower pulse, it obviously did take a bit longer, but I was still intact after lol. love the little bag that comes with it, the bottles are also expensive but totally worth it!

Medela A.Medela

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Corbin

CorbinTHE WHITEMAN

Handy breast Pump

The world's newest and only two-stage breast-pumping design: The first function to stimulate the breast milk secretion, the second function is gentle and effective to suck out breast milk, so that the mother more comfortable use. Body arc shape, lightweight, easy to carry. Medela This breast pump is very easy to use, the rhythm of the law does not hurt, but also according to personal fitness to adjust the most comfortable suction, lift the pain of milk, very humanized design, with very comfortable.

AliCatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good pump, rubbish attachments

I wouldn't be without a breastpump with an undersize baby and needing to basically force feed as they didn't have the energy to latch and suckle consistently. The medela swing pump is good but disappointing with the tube attachments to the funnel and the pump - they are not secure and if you move around even a little prone to pop off and you lose the suction. Also, they could be longer, but then that is an issue with all breast pump options I understand

darkfaery7

darkfaery7Perth, WA

Not completely awful but have had a lot of problems. Since found better alternatives

Allie18

Allie18MELBOURNE

Good but expensive

It is very comfortable to use. The private hospital I delivered my baby uses Medela brand so I bought a Medela Swing for me to use at home. I used it for 3 months to pump breastmilk. It is easy to clean as the parts can be detached quickly. I will use this product again in the future.

TazPerth

Don't expect too much...

I had a hospital grade madela pump for 6 weeks and then had to return it and bought the swing. Unfortunately what I didnt realise at the time is that it doesn't build and support your supply if you're solely expressing to feed your baby. I think it would be good for someone breastfeedingand then pumping but not for solely pumping. My supply plummeted and at 10 weeks I had to stop. It's a good machine though... comfortable and easy to use. A bit loud... but ok.

Rid S

Rid SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect product for ftm..

Medela swing pump easy to use and works really good.Being a First time mother it was a great help to storing extra supply for my baby. It was very easy to clean and assembled it. I purchased it from baby bunting it’s was on sale and it was not a regretful decision.. really happy with the product and definitely using for my next baby..

Sara

SaraBrisbane

Gets the job done!

Easy to use, compact and is battery operated which makes it portable. I’ve had mine since May and still going well! It is a little loud but I’m sure not the loudest. Seems easy enough to clean too just in my microwave steam bag! I would use it again with next baby for sure!!

Ninigirl

NinigirlMelbourne

Good for occasional use

In the beginning I thought the Swing was all that I needed but then I hired out the hospital grade and felt the difference. The Swing is less powerful so probably wasn't the best choice for initial stimulation of more milk production. But it is a good choice for home-use to pump for on the go.

Frances C

Frances CAU

Great pump

The medela swing pump is easy to use, comfortable and user friendly. It has a variety of settings and starts off by massaging to stimulate milk. My only issue is the cup size, they need smaller sizes as not everyone can use it to the best of its potential if it’s too big.

Sam

Sam

It does the job

The pump works very well however I find it frustrating when it comes to washing , the filter broke and I had to replace it after second use. The pump was helpful initially when I used it to establish breastmilk however, I was disappointed that I couldn't express well due to time limit. I wish it could be used for longer than 20 min at a time.

Nancy

Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps