Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 2 of 3)

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
WARREN

WARRENbox hill

good product but the quality need to improved

Siobhan

SiobhanAU

Average suction, very noisy.

I was given this great pump of a friend as a baby shower present. In the beginning I loved it however the more I began to use it the more frustrating to clean. It was uncomfortable and so noisy! Pumping 6 times a day was such a chore with this pump, I probably wouldn’t use this pump again as an everyday pump

Medela A.Medela

Dear Siobhan I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the swing breastpump. I will reply in a private message.

Chen

Chen

It's ok

Whist the medala swing has been comfortable to use it often gets milk into the suction hose risking it going into the machine causing the need to turn off the machine and end your pumping session until the tube is clear and dry again. It is difficult to clean in all the little sections but does its job as a pump.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Chen, we will send you a private message.

Nobby

Nobby

Wanting to use it more.

Bought it for use on my girlfriend.
Looking for more candidates as I'm adept in it's operation.
It is easy for me to use and maintain it in sterile condition.
My partner says it is far easier to use with avid operator and thoroughly endorses my gentle touch and efficiency.

My K

My K

Good but

Bought it from my bub was 5 days old because of my nipple 's problem . First time the machine seem great even a little noisemakers from it . The problem is my milk is not increase and so hard for me to buy a large shield in my area . Really want to rate 5 star but now I just feed my bub by the formula

Apple

AppleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Most of my friend recommend this to me

Most of my friend recommend this to me. I am yet to use it and very looking forward to use it too. First the product looks good to me. It has good size itself and very easy to bring it with you to travel or bring it back to work. Will come back to share more experience after using.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Your comments are welcomed.

MadDog

MadDogKearney Springs

Easy to use

I purchased the double and only used a couple of times as the bottles were no good. No matter how tight I sealed the bottle to the pump, I was getting leaks so I purchased another brand and it is working a treat. I contacted customer care about it and they were not helpful and didn't offer replacement parts to see if it fixed the problem. All in all a lot of money spent on this and not much use.

Sen

Sen

Good product!

I used Medela pump for about 3 months. It was a bit pricey. It was a very comfortable machine. Doesn't hurt when using. Easy to clean & maintain. You can always buy the parts. I used it 3-4 times a day. I had to stop it because of my milk supply was decreasing. I've saved the pump for future pregnancies.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We appreciate your comments.

Mizzy

MizzyPerth

Does the job

It is comfortable on the breast initially, but what is uncomfortable is having to hold it to the breast for such a long time. I normally pump 20 per breast, so that is 40 minutes in a still awkward sore position. The bottles that come with the pump are cheap looking and get scratched very easily. Sometimes after pumping it leaks from the bottle. The valve is heavy and I get the stand it meant to stop it from toppling over, but it still does. In retrospect I should have bought a double pump hands free. It is so hard to look after a baby and pump at the same time, I just don't have 20 minutes to spare to pump in peace and quiet. I built up quite a store of expressed BM, but stopped after a few months as it got too tiring.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Please contact our customer care line should you wish to discuss any issues with our product.

Housewife

HousewifeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good portable pump

It's comfortable to use, but require both hands to use it. Also, it's not that easy to clean & not very powerful. However, it's quite light to hold.
I've used it for the first 3 months when I need to express after feeds. After that I've changed to use formula.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking the time to review our product.

Erin

Erin

Good for occasional pumping

I used the Medela Swing for around 2 months when needing to express after feeds. It was used a few times a day for around 10-20 mins. It was a little fiddly at times and required two hands to use which was tricky when having to hold bub. Machine worked efficiently and automatic switch from let down is handy. Machine is a good size and easy to transport. Cleaning is fairly easy although moisture seemed to get in the tubing easily. I would use this again unless needing to express more often - a larger machine would be better

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Erin for taking the time to review our products. Your comments are appreciated.

MissPugsly

MissPugslyMelbourne

Not as good as the Spectra S2.

I received this breast pump free from the hospital when I had my first baby. It wasn't very good, in my opinion. I looked at other reviews and ended up purchasing a Spectra S2 which has been fabulous. The Medela has sat in the cupboard, barely used. The upside of the Medela is that the parts and attachments are readily available.

Wei

WeiPerth

Average Pump. Not Strong Enough

I used this right after I discard from hospital. The motor isn't that powerful and I struggled to pump milk with it, even when I have tried different shield sizes. I then rented the same pump from the hospital and it was great. I then bought the Medela Freestyle which is much better.

I know the Swing worked well for some others, but it didn't work well for me.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Wei for taking the time to review our product. Your comments are appreciated.

Lin

LinMelbourne

Ok

This breast pump was recommended by my midwives, since I do not have too much experience. The price of this one is quite expensive. It is good to use and efficiency, but the problem is that I have to sit right up and lean forward a bit to get the milk into the bottle. When it's working I feel it has a bit noise.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you Lin for taking the time to review our products. Your comments are appreciated.

AliMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worked well - until it didn't :(

Ali

Thanks for coming back to me Anne. Medela offered to have a technician look at the pump for me and it has been returned and is now working with batteries. Big relief. Thank you Medela

Hope

HopeMelbourne

Ok for occassional pumping

I purchased this pump during my pregnancy with the intention of occasionally pumping along side breastfeeding. Due to issues out of my control i had to pump full time. This pump did do the trick but seemed to lose its power/suction with regular use... also wasn't great at maintaining my supply. Would be a great pump if only used sometimes but not worth it for those needing to pump regularly. I ended up needing to hire a hospital grade pump.

PJS

PJSSydey

Not much of a use- not effective

Bought this for my wife when she started going office after her maternity leave. I remember how time consuming it was to extract 10ml, took approx 30 mins for 10ml. Later she gave up using it and started pressing by hand to extract.
Note that she sometime had overflow and even then the pump was not effective for her. Not sure if it was the emotional thing of baby sucking feeling.

Lauren

LaurenPerth

Vital piece of baby equipment!

I have now returned to work and rely on my Medela to provide my son with his feeds for daycare. It is compact enough to fit in my bag and the parts are readily available to purchase from lots of retailers. I find it works much more effieciently when it is plugged into the mains so don't really use it unless I can plug it in. For the price it is a good purchase but maybe if youare wanting to pump more and get more out quicker I would look at getting a hospital grade pump next time.

OlgaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ok to start with

Pump is compact, light and comfortable, that's about all. it was ok to start with but has lost suction as now I get out only 50ml after pumping on highest setting for 20min and feel full after expressing. Trouble is that no one will take the pump back, it's not a cheap pump actually one of the more expensive ones and so you would think it should be one of the best. i will have to purchase another pump after just 3 months of use. Extremely disappointing.

Olga

No a test was not offered. Is it possible for you to contact me via email / phone to discuss a solution (if there is one besides buying a new pump)

Jasmine F

Jasmine F

Exchanged once and then got a full refund

The pump is great -when it works. My first one lost suction after 4 months - I flushed it out as per Medela's instructions, I not only purchased new valves and membranes, I also purchased extra tubing, connector and flanges just in case. Still wouldn't pump like it did when I first bought it. I returned it to the store and was given a brand new replacement. The new pump stopped working completely after a month - it rarely turned on and when it did there was no suction. I returned it today for a full refund. The sales rep said it was unlucky I received two duds.

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Meital

Meitalasked

Hi,
I just bought Medela Swing (single) and I don’t seem to understand something basic- I do know you can use it either with the plug-in or with the batteries but isn’t there a need to give it an initial charge (of 24 hours like it goes with the Freestyle I used to have, before it was unfortunately broken beyond repair)? Can I use it straight away after I bought it (plugged in) or should there be an initial charging time prior to first use?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Meital, thank you for reaching out! Because your Swing requires powering up with either batteries or mains power, you cannot 'charge' it as such, unlike the Freestyle which has a re-chargable battery. Your Swing pump is ready to use as soon as you receive it, either using batteries or plugged into mains power.

Hope this helps!

For further information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kind regards,

Amy G.
Amy G.

Nope, she’s ready to go. Just plug into the mains power and get pumping :)

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps