Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 3 of 3)

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
bongo

bongoAdelaide, SA

Wouldn't waste my money

I was given this as a gift but only used it a few times. I found a manual breast pump the best. It takes longer to use than doing it by hand. It was easy to use and fairly quiet. It could do with a longer hose. Maybe I was too lazy to bother with it or stick with using it.
It looks wizzbang
They are pretty expensive.

Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Looking for Electric Breast Pumps?

Read the reviews for Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Ad
cellymum

cellymumHobart

only so so

It's easy to use and portable, but i couldn't get much milk out of it so I gave up after 2 months. getting only 1-2mls every time I pumped was not a good use of my very limited time. even after 30 minutes of pumping, that's how much i got!it may work well for someone else but i wish I hadnt spent so much on this.
convenient
didn't express much milk

Lj2bubs

Lj2bubsAU

The pump is fantastic...but the quality of their bottles & nipples let's the pump down

I have used Medela for both children.... With number one I raved about their products, despite the cost.... But now I feel their quality has significantly dropped.... The number of times I have put the milk into the bottle only to have it leak out everywhere.... I am not a newby to bottles nor medela.... So it makes me wonder what they have done to ruin such a great product suite..
The pump itself is great! Love the portability....
The supporting products are overpriced and lacking in the quality they used to have...avoid their bottles and nipples... And Medela do not respond to emails.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Medela Swing compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

OK

My bub had surgery soon after she was born and I needed to express for some time. Friends/family gave/lent me both the Medela Swing and the Mini Electric (lucky me!). Although the Swing was more comfortable I found the Mini Electric quicker to use. The Swing is lovely if you have time on your hands - typically to drain both boobs took at least 30mins. On the Mini Eletric it only took 10mins. The time difference was particualy apparent when I had a pump on each boob at the same time. In the end I used the Electric more than the Swing, although the motor on the Electric started to die after about 3-4 months of use.
Very quite and comfortable.
Not enough suction.

aureviewer

aureviewerAU

OK

I would not buy this pump again. If planning on regularly expressing then it is worth considering a pump that can do both breasts at the same time.
Compact, easy to take with you if travelling. Easy to use and clean.
Worked intermittently. I found it difficult to express much milk and eventually when this pump gave up for good I got a different brand of pump and suddenly was able to express much more and much more quickly.

proudmummy

proudmummy

OK

This pump was recommended to me and I bought it at a bargain price off a friend after initially trying a manual one. I is very quick and easy to use - fast let down, very comfortable. It is quite expensive, and not sure it i'd be 100% happy paying the full RRP for it.
compact and easy to move around with - can be used with battery or wall plug. Very comfortable.
Expensive! Mine is quite noisy which is not very handy if you're are trying to watch TV or it is the middle of the night

Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Looking for Electric Breast Pumps?

Read the reviews for Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Ad
aquabez

aquabez

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Meital

Meitalasked

Hi,
I just bought Medela Swing (single) and I don’t seem to understand something basic- I do know you can use it either with the plug-in or with the batteries but isn’t there a need to give it an initial charge (of 24 hours like it goes with the Freestyle I used to have, before it was unfortunately broken beyond repair)? Can I use it straight away after I bought it (plugged in) or should there be an initial charging time prior to first use?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Meital, thank you for reaching out! Because your Swing requires powering up with either batteries or mains power, you cannot 'charge' it as such, unlike the Freestyle which has a re-chargable battery. Your Swing pump is ready to use as soon as you receive it, either using batteries or plugged into mains power.

Hope this helps!

For further information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kind regards,

Amy G.
Amy G.

Nope, she’s ready to go. Just plug into the mains power and get pumping :)

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps