Medela Swing

• Comfort
Dan
DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy with purchase!

Purchase single pump back in 2019!
Haven’t had any issue it a pretty amazing pump love that if portable and you can take it on the go with you!

I do wish the overall machine was smaller.

Purchased for $199.00.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Dan, thank you so much for taking the time to review our Swing single electric breast pump! We love that it has helped you to be able to pump on-the-go.

Kindest Regards,
Natasha

Shanice
Shanice

It worked just fine

I bought the maxi double pump, however if I used both at the same time it dramatically made a difference if the suction ability and therefore milk production. I resorted to using just the one at a time which made for a long process, about an hour to pump both sides.

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting for $400.00.

Ky N
Ky NGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy to use

I bought this one when my son was born. I feel that it is very reliable machine cause it took out all of my milk. I recommend this product for someone who find that it is hard for breastfeeding.

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $249.99.

May
May

Great portable option

This pump is wonderful when out and about! Compact to pack up and discreet to use at high tea, dinner or even at the movies... Just make sure you remember all the parts!

Purchased in April 2017.

Usage Frequency Long-term

Fel
FelSydney, NSW

Nothing can’t go wrong with it

First time for me to use this breast pump. It has good quality and save a lot of time compare to the previous one i had. Price is higher than others.

Purchased in October 2018.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
garth k.
garth k.

Gets the job done

The medela swing pump is simple, easy to use and clean. I prefer to use it plugged into the mains as the batteries start to run out fairly quickly and reduce suction.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting.

ShellPerth, WA

Slow but does the job

I use this pump twice a day.
It does the job but it takes over 30 mins each side.
I have been using for 8 months and the motor seems to be wearing out. Its getting slower and louder.
Easy to use and clean.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $260.00.

Shell

Hi, I dont use batteries at all. Just directly to the main power. I bought it from baby bunting so I cant see them helping to be honest.

Hi Shell
As long as you have a valid receipt they should be able to assist you.
kind regards

dmn
dmnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Machine. Easy to use.

Hi dmn
Thank you for your email and review of the Medela Swing. It is always nice to hear our customers responding in such a positive way.

Laura
LauraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad for a small pump, easy to transport and use with batteries

This breast pump served me well - it was a good pump and did help with expressing breast pump at home. It was fairly comfortable but did make a lot of noise in my opinion. I ended up hiring a hospital grade pump for the first month or so then used this one. I really liked. Ring able to use it with the cord and just batteries. It was really good when we went away for trips, the pump was small and light enough to take. Parts were easy to clean. I was quite satisfied with the amount of milk I got expressing but did find it a little loud to use.

Chris
Chris

Really good.

Was very comfortable, easy to use and portable!
I used this pump anywhere from 5-10 times a day and I found it really great at keeping my supply up.
I used this pump and a pump from the hospital and found it just as effective.
The only downside is having to pump one side at a time

Roo
RooMelbourne

Good pump to start with

This was the first time i used some electric breast pump, and settled on medela swing. What i really like about the pump is its suction and let down function. You can adjust the speed and suction of the pump as per the requirement. Definitely helps to express more milk. The packaging itself was quite impressive as it provided with all the essentials. May be i found it bit noisy at the time other than that highly recommend this products.

Hi Roo
Thank you for your review of the Medela Swing breast pump. It is always lovely to hear positive feedback from our Customers.

Dee
DeeSouthern highlands nsw

Great and compact breast pump

My friend gifted me this pump.
It is Easy to use and small which is good for travelling with. Can also use with 4xAA batteries.

The only annoying thing is that Occasionally the pump doesn't pump. It is weak pumping and not sufficient to do the job. I sterilise the part that attaches to the pump and this works and this is what I assume is the problem.
The only other issue is that I use the bottle
For breast milk and formula. I can't mix formula in the bottle because it is not rubber sealed and leaks everywhere when I shake the bottle.
Another minor issue is that when sterilising the bottle as recommended, the medela branding on the bottle has progressively faded.
Other than that great electric pump.

Joanne
JoanneSydney

Easy to use

It is easy for me to use and maintain it in sterile condition. It was extremely comfortable to use and was discreet and quiet but I thought that it could have been better if the suction to the breast was more coz I found too much air was able to sneak under! It has good size itself and very easy to bring it with you to travel or bring it back to work.

HI Joanne
Thank you for your feedback, the Swing certainly is a great compact pump designed for busy mothers on the move. It is always great to hear from a happy Customer.

TarsB
TarsBNewcastle

Was a God send

I used this pump with my first baby and it came highly recommended to me by other Mums. It was very easy to use and came with a detailed booklet on how to effectively use, clean and store the pump. It was easily transportable and I was able to travel overseas with this pump. It was easy to express the milk with this however the next time I would get the double pump to save on time.

Sela
SelaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gentle and portable

Pump was gentle unlike others were it feels like your nipple will get sucked thru too. Portable and also quiet- you can change the different speeds, I liked the slower pulse, it obviously did take a bit longer, but I was still intact after lol. love the little bag that comes with it, the bottles are also expensive but totally worth it!

Shimeji
Shimejiasked

Hi,
I've got medela swing as second hand from my friend. She said I better replace some hygienic parts to new ones but not sure which parts.
Could you give me some advice please?

AGRAY
AGRAY

I would definitely replace the tubes and flanges.

Nancy
Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous
Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps