Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 3 of 21)

Listing monitored by Medela

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

Helped me relactate

After not being able to feed my son for a few months I found out about "relactating" talked to a lactation consultant and she arranged a loan of the symphony electric pump(excellent pump in its own). Once the loan period was coming to an end she suggested this pump for me. I used it every two hours, approx 10min sessions, for 4 months or so then once or twice every other day. Stored it away for next bub, 5 years later I still managed to use it to help with the beginning of my journey! would highly recommend this pump.

Jorja
JorjaHermitage

Recommended

This pump is awesome. It was recommended by my physician and before mine arrived I was using the same one borrowed from my sister. It’s easy to clean and the plastic looks high quality. There are clear instructions as well. In addition, I love the color!! Highly recommended.Hope this helps somebody out.

AvrilO
AvrilO

Just wonderful

As far as breastpumps go this is by far the best pump I have used. Very user friendly and portable. Very quite also so able to pump while feeding baby to sleep. I have used a few other brands but this is the best and well worth the money spent. Accessories are just as good as the pump.

Hayley
HayleyPENROSE

Quiet and Works great

It does a wonderful job. I don't have to pump every day.If I do have to pump the pump is very easy to put together and I can pump what I need in ten minutes. I was worried it would not have the pumping power of the more expensive pumps but I was wrong. It pumps as well as the more expensive ones I have used. I would recommend it highly!

Hi Hayley
Thank you very much for your review of the Medela Swing. It is always a pleasure to hear our products are helping mothers in their breastfeeding/expressing journey.
kind regards

NoahPr
NoahPrCoomba Bay

Perfect for travel and at home use!

Given me another chance I would still buy it because it is very small in size and very light weight. But the vapors(every time) and milk (sometimes) get into the ducts so easily that you will have to replace them frequently, called Medela for solutions they said I could just clean it. However the duct design is not like the regular ones that I use in my plug-in standing pulp, there is no way to clean it completely. Overall it serves its purpose nicely but do expect to spend quite a bit money on batteries and accessories in long run.

Medela A.Medela

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Wendy
WendySydney, NSW

Excellent product

I love medele and introduce it to my friends as well since I finished my breastfeeding period. It is comfortable, no pain. Didn’t cause me any lump. And it is very thoughtful that have different speed rate to bump the milk. I think electric one is necessary but no need double side. Cuz you only have two hands to hold and one side is enough

Hi Wendy
Thank you for your review of the Medela Swing. It is always a pleasure to hear such great feedback.
Kind regards

Sela
SelaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gentle and portable

Pump was gentle unlike others were it feels like your nipple will get sucked thru too. Portable and also quiet- you can change the different speeds, I liked the slower pulse, it obviously did take a bit longer, but I was still intact after lol. love the little bag that comes with it, the bottles are also expensive but totally worth it!

Corbin
CorbinTHE WHITEMAN

Handy breast Pump

The world's newest and only two-stage breast-pumping design: The first function to stimulate the breast milk secretion, the second function is gentle and effective to suck out breast milk, so that the mother more comfortable use. Body arc shape, lightweight, easy to carry. Medela This breast pump is very easy to use, the rhythm of the law does not hurt, but also according to personal fitness to adjust the most comfortable suction, lift the pain of milk, very humanized design, with very comfortable.

Cassandra
CassandraNowra

Great

Love it, love it, love it. This machine is very easy to use and very very easy to clean. Highly recommend this pump. I have now used it for both my children now and I would not use any other brand. Best on the market by far. Highly recommened pump.

Zoe
ZoeSydney, NSW

Great breast pump

I will recommend this pump to every new mommy..it helped a lot to me it is with very good stimulation very close to a baby suction...I was having a problem with my lactation and I was using for 2 moth till my lactation came very good...and now my baby is having a lot of milk..we are happy mommy and happy baby now

Medela A.Medela

Thank you so much for the wonderful review we truly appreciate your feedback. If we can be of any further assistance please call us on our freephone number 1800 787 345. Many thanks Medela Australia

Layne
LayneSydney

Perfect

Mine's a hand me down - almost 5 years old and it's still perfect! My friend had lost the connector piece but it was easy enough to buy all the replacement parts from Chemist Warehouse. My baby is exclusively breast fed but I pump once a day to let my husband feed and also to have breastmilk in the fridge to add to her rice cereal for solids. It also saved me when I had mastitis as I need to continue to pump in between feeds.

Hi Layne
Thank you for your review, so nice to hear of your positive experience with the Medela Swing. Did you know the parts are also available from the Medela webstore - medelastore.com.au
Kind regards

JVN
JVNPerth

Great pump. Works a treat! No issues :)

This pump is great. I used it alot when i first had my baby however since buying a haakaa, i havent used it since. If exclusively breast feeding, i would definitely recommend this product however if not, i thoroughly recommend the haakaa)!. I had no issues with this pump or its features though although cleaning the tube is a little difficult and that's one thing you want to know if safe and clean.

Danni
DanniCampbelltown

Perfect first pump

Very comfortable and easy to use. brought this after the birth of my first child. I didn't use it too much but the times I did use it, it was very easy to use. it was comfortable to use , not causing any pain or discomfort. It is quite which is good for when you need to pump in babies room. worth the money. plug it in or use the batteries.

Dani
DaniGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great pump

I bought this pump prior to giving birth knowing that I would need to use it from time to time. It is lightweight, simple to use and effective. I used the hospital grade Medela pump while in hospital and found the swing to be just as effective. The attachments are easy to clean and not hard to find if you need to replace. I don’t use the Medela bottles as the teats don’t seem to suit my baby so I do a bit of transferring of milk for storage etc, but small price to pay for a good little device. As it’s small and portable would be good for those who need to pump at work or while travelling.

Allie18
Allie18MELBOURNE

Good but expensive

It is very comfortable to use. The private hospital I delivered my baby uses Medela brand so I bought a Medela Swing for me to use at home. I used it for 3 months to pump breastmilk. It is easy to clean as the parts can be detached quickly. I will use this product again in the future.

Nam
NamSydney, NSW

Perfect for new mummy

New mummies if anybody ask for you gifts ask for this one. After my baby born I was suffering to do breastfeeding. And my husband got this for me it is too much comfortable to use. I used it for 1 month but it saved my life.very easy to clean and mantain. Definitely if I have to use this again I will use it. Highly recommended for new moms who is suffering for breastfeeding.

Monica
MonicaSydney

Use it daily

This breast pump is really easy to assemble and use. Baby had a tongue tie and was unable to suck milk efficiently so I had to pretty much pump daily to give baby breastmilk. I like the fact that it's lightweight, we went overseas and was convenient to be able to take it with us.

Andrea17
Andrea17SYDNEY

Easy to use and effective

Very handy, small pump that can be both mains and battery powered. Easy and comfortable to use, effective in pumping out milk. I can imagine that it could be popped in a bag for on the go pumping as required. Spare parts easily obtainable from Chemist Warehouse, Baby Bunting etc as required.

Rid S
Rid SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect product for ftm..

Medela swing pump easy to use and works really good.Being a First time mother it was a great help to storing extra supply for my baby. It was very easy to clean and assembled it. I purchased it from baby bunting it’s was on sale and it was not a regretful decision.. really happy with the product and definitely using for my next baby..

Rhiannon
RhiannonBenalla

Perfect for a FTM

This pump is very easy and comfortable to use, it is simple but effective. It’s easy to clean and pull out whenever you need it, I highly recommend this product to anyone as it is a great buy and I can see myself using for my entire breast feeding experience

Cheryl
CherylMelbourne

Help me a lot

Since I am two boys' mother currently , the medela pumping help me a lot in the past few years .The swing is gentle and easy to pump breast milk out .
Just one thing want to mention , don't buy single side pumping ,that's the only thing I regret. It is not efficient.
Make sure to buy double side !!

Sara
SaraBrisbane

Gets the job done!

Easy to use, compact and is battery operated which makes it portable. I’ve had mine since May and still going well! It is a little loud but I’m sure not the loudest. Seems easy enough to clean too just in my microwave steam bag! I would use it again with next baby for sure!!

Ninigirl
NinigirlMelbourne

Good for occasional use

In the beginning I thought the Swing was all that I needed but then I hired out the hospital grade and felt the difference. The Swing is less powerful so probably wasn't the best choice for initial stimulation of more milk production. But it is a good choice for home-use to pump for on the go.

sarah corcoran
sarah corcoran

This is the best breast pump invented

I loved this breast pump. I had problems feeding my son. So I started pumping and I shocked about the amount I was expressing. I used the aventis breast pump but not much breast milk would be expressed. I would defiantly pay the extra $$ and do my expressing in half the time. It was easy to use and easy to clean.

Katherine
KatherineMelbourne

Couldn’t have done it without this

I literally used this everyday, it saved me for my second child!! It is super simple to use, set up and clean. I used the machine for most feeds, maybe 30mins for both sides maximum. If I had another baby I would definitely purchase this small easy pump for sure

Shimeji
Shimejiasked

Hi,
I've got medela swing as second hand from my friend. She said I better replace some hygienic parts to new ones but not sure which parts.
Could you give me some advice please?

AGRAY
AGRAY

I would definitely replace the tubes and flanges.

Nancy
Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous
Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps