Medela Swing

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

Great

Very good pump. I’ve used it with both my children. Currently using for my second but trying to decrease use and let nature do its course with supplies. Love it! Very satisfied.
Thanks for the assistance of the Medela team: you were amazing: efficient, quick, professional and kind

Kassandra Martin

Kassandra MartinLaunceston, TAS

Going 10 months strong with this great pump

10months pumping ranging from 4-2 times daily from day one - taking from 30-15 mins each side. Travels well to work with me, I haven’t tried it with battery’s only. Easy cleaning. Recommend having spare membrane. Easy use and good suction.

Purchased in January 2020 for $270.00.

Amy G.South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing! So helpful for bringing and maintaining my milk supply. I don’t know what I would have done without it!

So helpful at collecting and maintaining my milk supply! I don’t know what I would have done without it!
The pump is so easy to use coupled with the bra, bottles it makes pumping and feeding so much easier!

Purchased in October 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store.

Hasna Maroun

Hasna MarounGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great products and customer service

Highly recomend not just their products but also their customer service. The staff are exstreamly helpful and knowlegable. The Madela swing is exstremley easy to use. So thank you Madela

Purchased in February 2016 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us for $280.00.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Hasna, thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us, we are thrilled that you found our Swing breast pump easy to use and that our customer service team were able to help you.

Dan

DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy with purchase!

Purchase single pump back in 2019!
Haven’t had any issue it a pretty amazing pump love that if portable and you can take it on the go with you!

I do wish the overall machine was smaller.

Purchased for $199.00.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Dan, thank you so much for taking the time to review our Swing single electric breast pump! We love that it has helped you to be able to pump on-the-go.

Shanice

Shanice

It worked just fine

I bought the maxi double pump, however if I used both at the same time it dramatically made a difference if the suction ability and therefore milk production. I resorted to using just the one at a time which made for a long process, about an hour to pump both sides.

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting for $400.00.

Bianca J.

Bianca J.Goulburn Valley, VIC

Exactly what I need!

Easy to use, comfortable and easy to take anywhere. Was able to take to work and use and able to pump lots of milk. Wouldn't support way to clean. Would highly recommend!!!

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting Online store for $199.00.

Ashley Craig

Ashley CraigCentral West, NSW

Easy to use, comfortable, reliable

This product was the best during my two pregnancies. Well designed for easy use. Good quality materials. Quiet. Great to use on the go as it is portable (when ran on batteries). Love this product.

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby Bunting Online store for $219.00.

schmo

schmoSydney Surrounds, NSW

great little pump

Struggled to get good amount of expressed milk intially and had some discomfort associated with pumping, but then I realised I needed to use a smalled flange.. and after that it was all smooth sailing! Love that I could put batteries in and it was pretty handy to take with me to baby-free events.
Luckily I wasnt a regular pumper though. It took a while, and in hindsight might've been better to purchase one with a double pump.

Purchased in December 2017 at Baby Bunting Online store for $186.00.

Kristy

KristyFar North Queensland, QLD

Best on the market

Best one there is, I’ve had 6 kids and I dont mind spending extra on this breast pump if it means I won’t get mastitis, I breast fed twins for 6 months because of medical reasons they couldent have formula and I wouldn’t have been able to do it with out my Medela pump, I failed at breast feeding with my 2 kids prior to the twins because I purchased cheap breast pumps

Purchased in February 2020.

Ky N

Ky NGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy to use

I bought this one when my son was born. I feel that it is very reliable machine cause it took out all of my milk. I recommend this product for someone who find that it is hard for breastfeeding.

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $249.99.

ExNABie

ExNABieMelbourne

Small , compact yet powerful

I bought medella swing essential pack from baby bunting 4 months ago. So far it’s been great , love the fact that it’s portable( use 4AAA batteries) while travelling and connectable to power plug when at home or indoors. I personally did not choose double swing as I am not a great multitasker and can save money on single swing. Two phase detection mode is great too to ensure better pumping. Small yet compact and powerful enough ! It kept my sanity when newborn had latching issues . I had recommended this breast pump to my friend and she finds it great too!

Purchased at Baby Bunting for $199.00.

Hi ExNABie
Thank you for taking the time to review the Medela Swing. It is great that you are happy with it and also that you recommended it to your friend, that is always lovely to hear.
Kindest regards

Lem

LemWeston Creek 2611, ACT

Very helpful and easy to use. Tough product too!

One of the things i noticed when using this pump is its durability. eventhough i would boil and clean it often, the pump and its parts/accessories are still in very good condition and does not lose its effectivity

Purchased in March 2020 at Baby Bunting Online store for $299.00.

Hi Lem
Thank you for taking the time to review the Medela Swing. It's great to hear you are happy with your product. We always like to hear from a happy customer.
Kindest regards

Carly Piper

Carly Piper

So reliable!

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store.

Breanna Burgess

Breanna BurgessSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best brand!

Works so well, never fail to get a decent amount of milk expressed. Not to big or hard to cart around. Easy to use and understandable. I used it once or twice at the moment until I return to work.

Purchased in December 2019 at Baby Bunting for $234.00.

Teish

Teish

Love this

My breastfeeding journey started awful my milk supply was dismal. Why i would recommend this pump is the effectiveness of pumping milk. It is a convedient pump to use and mantain. Compared to others I have used the noise isnt too loud. It was comfortable to use, and saved my sanity. This is a great pump.

Hi Teish,
Thank you for your review. It is always lovely to hear from a happy mother that is willing to recommend the product.
Warmest wishes

Maisha21

Maisha21Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

3 babies, 7 years and still going strong

I bought this breast pump octobre 2012 when my 1st baby was 3 months old and I was stranded at home unable to go out without her, she only had breastmilk. One of the best thing I have own through motherhood. It helped me tremendously with my 2nd whilst I was super busy between FT employment and FT uni. My 3rd baby is 8 months now and we're still using it. Have landed it to 2 of my gf and one of them used it for 12 months. Amazing little thing, good for maintaining milk supply while away from baby.. It is comfortable to use, easy to transport and clean. Highly Recommended

Purchased in October 2012 at Chemist Warehouse for $250.00.

Kamakshi

KamakshiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bought this after doing complete search, will definitely say worth buying and very happy with the product.

Silent , awesome quality and use 4 times a day
Easy to carry and clean the parts.
Completely satisfied with the purchase and definitely recommend this one. Buyers can trust Medela for sure.

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Tegan S.

Tegan S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I loved this breast pump

This pump has great suction and is super easy to clean. Once you figure out what part goes where it's a very user friendly breast pump. I did find it was noisy if I needed to pump in the middle of the night but I just transferred it from the bedside table to the bed and it was much quieter.

Purchased in November 2018 at Chemist Warehouse for $200.00.

Hi Tegan
Thank you very much for your review of the Medela Swing Maxi. It is great to hear such positive feedback from our customers. The team at Medela very much appreciate it.
Warmest wishes

Rachel S.

Rachel S.South East Queensland, QLD

Couldn’t live without it

This pump is amazing. It’s comfy, easy to use and has lasted for two children with a third on the way. It’s still in great condition despite lots of use.

Usage FrequencyLong-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyFrequently (more than once a day)
Feeding MethodsBaby Formula

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Meital

Meitalasked

Hi,
I just bought Medela Swing (single) and I don’t seem to understand something basic- I do know you can use it either with the plug-in or with the batteries but isn’t there a need to give it an initial charge (of 24 hours like it goes with the Freestyle I used to have, before it was unfortunately broken beyond repair)? Can I use it straight away after I bought it (plugged in) or should there be an initial charging time prior to first use?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Meital, thank you for reaching out! Because your Swing requires powering up with either batteries or mains power, you cannot 'charge' it as such, unlike the Freestyle which has a re-chargable battery. Your Swing pump is ready to use as soon as you receive it, either using batteries or plugged into mains power.

Hope this helps!

For further information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kind regards,

Amy G.

Nope, she’s ready to go. Just plug into the mains power and get pumping :)

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps