Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 3 of 23)

Listing monitored by Medela

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
Jessica V
Jessica VMelbourne

A great buy!

This pump is great! So easy to use and it is portable - definitely well worth the money. It is comfortable to use, the spare parts and bottles are very easy to get if you need, available in a lot of store. I was using it heaps when my son was fully breast fed before solids, I took it to work and used it at least 3 times a day.

Joanne
JoanneSydney

Easy to use

It is easy for me to use and maintain it in sterile condition. It was extremely comfortable to use and was discreet and quiet but I thought that it could have been better if the suction to the breast was more coz I found too much air was able to sneak under! It has good size itself and very easy to bring it with you to travel or bring it back to work.

HI Joanne
Thank you for your feedback, the Swing certainly is a great compact pump designed for busy mothers on the move. It is always great to hear from a happy Customer.

billie
billiePerth

Beauty

Great pump, I defiantly got my money's worth with it. Comfortable to use, and effective in the volume of milk that I pumped. The design is great, small and round easy to take with you. Used it three or four times a week never had any dramas with it. Happy with this product

Hi Billie
Thanks so much for taking the time to review the Swing. Medela always appreciate our Customers Feedback.

Zaydans mummy
Zaydans mummyLondon

One of my best buys!! Worth the money

I bought this item after reading reviews, I must say it seemed effortless, there’s 3 speed it pumps at which is good, I started at slow then fasten it up, the suction is excellent, I used to pump 3 times a day gettin a full bottle each time whilst breastfeeding my son, which took 20 mins if that!! i wouldn’t recommend anything other than this and couldn do without this, it’s small and portable, I used to take it out with me, and the best thing about it is.... it’s pretty quite compared to other ones I’ve seen used by others, and it’s easy to clean!! Both my sisters and couple of my friends have it and swear by it too

Hi Zaydans mummy,
Thank you for your review of the Medela Swing. It is always nice to know our Customers would recommend Medela products to other Mothers.

TarsB
TarsBNewcastle

Was a God send

I used this pump with my first baby and it came highly recommended to me by other Mums. It was very easy to use and came with a detailed booklet on how to effectively use, clean and store the pump. It was easily transportable and I was able to travel overseas with this pump. It was easy to express the milk with this however the next time I would get the double pump to save on time.

Medela A.Medela

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020

Helped me relactate

After not being able to feed my son for a few months I found out about "relactating" talked to a lactation consultant and she arranged a loan of the symphony electric pump(excellent pump in its own). Once the loan period was coming to an end she suggested this pump for me. I used it every two hours, approx 10min sessions, for 4 months or so then once or twice every other day. Stored it away for next bub, 5 years later I still managed to use it to help with the beginning of my journey! would highly recommend this pump.

Jorja
JorjaHermitage

Recommended

This pump is awesome. It was recommended by my physician and before mine arrived I was using the same one borrowed from my sister. It’s easy to clean and the plastic looks high quality. There are clear instructions as well. In addition, I love the color!! Highly recommended.Hope this helps somebody out.

AvrilO
AvrilO

Just wonderful

As far as breastpumps go this is by far the best pump I have used. Very user friendly and portable. Very quite also so able to pump while feeding baby to sleep. I have used a few other brands but this is the best and well worth the money spent. Accessories are just as good as the pump.

Hayley
HayleyPENROSE

Quiet and Works great

It does a wonderful job. I don't have to pump every day.If I do have to pump the pump is very easy to put together and I can pump what I need in ten minutes. I was worried it would not have the pumping power of the more expensive pumps but I was wrong. It pumps as well as the more expensive ones I have used. I would recommend it highly!

Hi Hayley
Thank you very much for your review of the Medela Swing. It is always a pleasure to hear our products are helping mothers in their breastfeeding/expressing journey.
kind regards

NoahPr
NoahPrCoomba Bay

Perfect for travel and at home use!

Given me another chance I would still buy it because it is very small in size and very light weight. But the vapors(every time) and milk (sometimes) get into the ducts so easily that you will have to replace them frequently, called Medela for solutions they said I could just clean it. However the duct design is not like the regular ones that I use in my plug-in standing pulp, there is no way to clean it completely. Overall it serves its purpose nicely but do expect to spend quite a bit money on batteries and accessories in long run.

Wendy
WendySydney, NSW

Excellent product

I love medele and introduce it to my friends as well since I finished my breastfeeding period. It is comfortable, no pain. Didn’t cause me any lump. And it is very thoughtful that have different speed rate to bump the milk. I think electric one is necessary but no need double side. Cuz you only have two hands to hold and one side is enough

Hi Wendy
Thank you for your review of the Medela Swing. It is always a pleasure to hear such great feedback.

Sela
SelaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gentle and portable

Pump was gentle unlike others were it feels like your nipple will get sucked thru too. Portable and also quiet- you can change the different speeds, I liked the slower pulse, it obviously did take a bit longer, but I was still intact after lol. love the little bag that comes with it, the bottles are also expensive but totally worth it!

Corbin
CorbinTHE WHITEMAN

Handy breast Pump

The world's newest and only two-stage breast-pumping design: The first function to stimulate the breast milk secretion, the second function is gentle and effective to suck out breast milk, so that the mother more comfortable use. Body arc shape, lightweight, easy to carry. Medela This breast pump is very easy to use, the rhythm of the law does not hurt, but also according to personal fitness to adjust the most comfortable suction, lift the pain of milk, very humanized design, with very comfortable.

AliCatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good pump, rubbish attachments

I wouldn't be without a breastpump with an undersize baby and needing to basically force feed as they didn't have the energy to latch and suckle consistently. The medela swing pump is good but disappointing with the tube attachments to the funnel and the pump - they are not secure and if you move around even a little prone to pop off and you lose the suction. Also, they could be longer, but then that is an issue with all breast pump options I understand

Cassandra
CassandraNowra

Great

Love it, love it, love it. This machine is very easy to use and very very easy to clean. Highly recommend this pump. I have now used it for both my children now and I would not use any other brand. Best on the market by far. Highly recommened pump.

Zoe
ZoeSydney, NSW

Great breast pump

I will recommend this pump to every new mommy..it helped a lot to me it is with very good stimulation very close to a baby suction...I was having a problem with my lactation and I was using for 2 moth till my lactation came very good...and now my baby is having a lot of milk..we are happy mommy and happy baby now

Medela A.Medela

Thank you so much for the wonderful review we truly appreciate your feedback. If we can be of any further assistance please call us on our freephone number 1800 787 345. Many thanks Medela Australia

Layne
LayneSydney

Perfect

Mine's a hand me down - almost 5 years old and it's still perfect! My friend had lost the connector piece but it was easy enough to buy all the replacement parts from Chemist Warehouse. My baby is exclusively breast fed but I pump once a day to let my husband feed and also to have breastmilk in the fridge to add to her rice cereal for solids. It also saved me when I had mastitis as I need to continue to pump in between feeds.

Hi Layne
Thank you for your review, so nice to hear of your positive experience with the Medela Swing. Did you know the parts are also available from the Medela webstore - medelastore.com.au

JVN
JVNPerth

Great pump. Works a treat! No issues :)

This pump is great. I used it alot when i first had my baby however since buying a haakaa, i havent used it since. If exclusively breast feeding, i would definitely recommend this product however if not, i thoroughly recommend the haakaa)!. I had no issues with this pump or its features though although cleaning the tube is a little difficult and that's one thing you want to know if safe and clean.

Danni
DanniCampbelltown

Perfect first pump

Very comfortable and easy to use. brought this after the birth of my first child. I didn't use it too much but the times I did use it, it was very easy to use. it was comfortable to use , not causing any pain or discomfort. It is quite which is good for when you need to pump in babies room. worth the money. plug it in or use the batteries.

darkfaery7
darkfaery7Perth, WA

Not completely awful but have had a lot of problems. Since found better alternatives

Dani
DaniGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great pump

I bought this pump prior to giving birth knowing that I would need to use it from time to time. It is lightweight, simple to use and effective. I used the hospital grade Medela pump while in hospital and found the swing to be just as effective. The attachments are easy to clean and not hard to find if you need to replace. I don’t use the Medela bottles as the teats don’t seem to suit my baby so I do a bit of transferring of milk for storage etc, but small price to pay for a good little device. As it’s small and portable would be good for those who need to pump at work or while travelling.

Allie18
Allie18MELBOURNE

Good but expensive

It is very comfortable to use. The private hospital I delivered my baby uses Medela brand so I bought a Medela Swing for me to use at home. I used it for 3 months to pump breastmilk. It is easy to clean as the parts can be detached quickly. I will use this product again in the future.

Nam
NamSydney, NSW

Perfect for new mummy

New mummies if anybody ask for you gifts ask for this one. After my baby born I was suffering to do breastfeeding. And my husband got this for me it is too much comfortable to use. I used it for 1 month but it saved my life.very easy to clean and mantain. Definitely if I have to use this again I will use it. Highly recommended for new moms who is suffering for breastfeeding.

TazPerth

Don't expect too much...

I had a hospital grade madela pump for 6 weeks and then had to return it and bought the swing. Unfortunately what I didnt realise at the time is that it doesn't build and support your supply if you're solely expressing to feed your baby. I think it would be good for someone breastfeedingand then pumping but not for solely pumping. My supply plummeted and at 10 weeks I had to stop. It's a good machine though... comfortable and easy to use. A bit loud... but ok.

Monica
MonicaSydney

Use it daily

This breast pump is really easy to assemble and use. Baby had a tongue tie and was unable to suck milk efficiently so I had to pretty much pump daily to give baby breastmilk. I like the fact that it's lightweight, we went overseas and was convenient to be able to take it with us.

Shimeji
Shimejiasked

Hi,
I've got medela swing as second hand from my friend. She said I better replace some hygienic parts to new ones but not sure which parts.
Could you give me some advice please?

AGRAY
AGRAY

I would definitely replace the tubes and flanges.

Nancy
Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous
Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps