Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 5 of 21)

Listing monitored by Medela

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
Tash D
Tash DBrisbane

Was a lifesaver in the early days!

This breast pump saved my breastfeeding journey. I was able to comfortably pump anywhere as needed thanks to the option to plug in to mains or use batteries. I found the pump to be used friendly and was able to do a pumping session in under 15 minutes (both sides).
The parts all come apart easily. Be careful not to break the small yellow connection with the plastic valve on it when dissasembling as I sometimes found this could get stuck and became difficult to remove. All parts are dishwasher safe.
I have used this pump through two children and have only had to replace the valve membranes a couple of times.
I would purchase this item again as it is compact, easy to use and efficient.

Farm mum
Farm mumSouth West, WA

Best pump I’ve used

Best pump on the market. Easy to use, it’s quick and always reliable. My milk supply has increased with using this pump. The bottles that come with it are great, although my baby gags with the calma teat that’s included, we just purchased extra bottles with the normal teats on it. I like that spare parts are available if needed. I understand why hospitals use this brand.

Rourou
RourouWestmead

Perfect

I love this breast bump .. its easy and fast to use and its very comfortable to use .. i use it every day .. its easy to clean and maintain. . Im diffnitly using this product again in the future. . Very good quality and I highly recommend it

Lis
Lisnewcastle

First time user

My sister handed me down this pump and it was so easy to use and saved me so much time.
Comfy to use and has different settings to adjust to what is comfortable for you.
You need to make sure you clean and dry all the parts well otherwise mold can build up inside.
I found this useful when i just needed to quickly pump at night when baby was asleep and breasts were getting too full.

Gvd
GvdMelbourne

It was a useful product

I used this product for 3 children. I used it mostly after birth because I was producing a lot of milk. I found the product to be comfortable and easy to use. I used it also if I was heading out and wanted to bottle feed. It is small and portable and easy to clean. I would definitely use it again.

Medela A.Medela

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020

This was a great pump! Easy to use and easily lasted through my five years of breastfeeding (3 kids)

This pump was so easy to use, clean and store away. I could easily transport itwhen we went o holidays. I used it for 3 children over a period of five years and it’s still going strong. One of the best investments I made when my first child was born.

S Haddad
S HaddadSydney

Perfect

The medala swing is easy to maintain, small and portable and very easy to use. Until there’s technology that allows a faster way to express, this is about as good as it gets. Throw attachments in the dishwasher for ease of clean. Would recommend this to anyone with a newborn.

Ruby79
Ruby79Canberra

Great pump!

This pump does the job, is comfortable and easy to use. I upgraded from another brand which was useless. This one on the other hand works well, it does seem to take a long time but that might be just me. I think if I was having to pump more regularly it might be a bit time consuming But it’s great for occasional use.

Kristy S
Kristy SSydney

Simple!

first time mum so all these products are overwhelming. After reading instructions first time I had no problems using it. All parts are easy to clean. The pump is very light, In have only used it with the batteries in as it makes it easier without the cord and I can grab it and move around easily, particularly with the carry bag it comes with. I use it 2-3 times a day and the batteries last well. No pain at all when using it. I just find the medela pump bags as it is a sift plastic the measurement might say 100 mls (for example), but when you transfer the milk to the bottle it is actually only 50-60 mls.

Camilla
Camilla

Works great for a non hospital grade pump

Recieved the medala swing for my baby shower and am so greatful! easy to use, small enough to carry in the nappy bag, minimal effort and comfortable. I do wish it had the ability to double pump for quicker expressing but other then that a fantastic product! Has great suction despite not being hospital grade. Very happy

Selina
Selina

Great pump

Nice and comfortable to use, can also be used with batteries in so you can use on the go/walking around. Easy to clean and maintain. Would definitely recommend this product to all breastfeed mums and will also be using this again when I have another child. Great product for sure.

Aimee
AimeeGrafton

Saved my breastfeeding career.

As a new mum I felt that it’d be easy to breastfeed my baby, we ended up having a difficult birth and it led to her having a lot of difficulty feeding, I started pumping with this and kept persisting with the medela nipple shield and we finally got it after a week. Without this pump I would have been bottle feeding my baby and it would have broken my heart. I still use it regularly to store milk and it is so easy and great quality! I don’t like that they don’t have wider neck bottle options but I have bought the closer to nature attatchments to use there express bags and will be buying the bottle that goes with that for the more natural feel for my baby.

Vanessa
Vanessa

My favourite pump

This pump is great, i couldn't lice without it, easy to use expresses great and doesnt take much to clean it. Its priced well maybe a bit more expensive than other brands but you are paying for the better quality. I use it every single day multiple times for over a year and have not had a problem

Katie L
Katie LGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Breastfeeding? This Medela Swing breast pump machine is hands down the BEST & LIFE SAVER!

Caroline Thomas
Caroline ThomasQueensland, 4877

The first time that it works out

Yes i would use it again ... iam so happy with it. The milk comes quick and doesnt hurt either. I use the machine approx. An half hour a day. Its easy to maintain and easy to handke. I would tecommend this product for every mum. Such a good product.

Becsta80
Becsta80South East Queensland, QLD

Medela is the best!

As a first time mum 4 years ago I was struggling to work out what to buy - and the market tends to focus on another known company (and the hand pump is useless). I had to good fortune to use the hospital grade one and then went a bought the Medela swing when I got home.
It’s an amazing, easy to use, clean, maintain and it’s quite light and portable. I did have a minor issue but the unit was swapped over for a brand new one no questions asked.
I am now using it again 4 years later and it’s still going strong. I have been recommending this pump to anyone considering buying firnocer 4 years!

Clare AAU

Excellent Pump for Occassional Use

I found the Medela Swing an excellent and efficient pump for occasional use. I would go for a hospital grade if I was exclusively pumping. The pump is easy to use and clean and has a great 'let down' mimicking function. I did get milk in the tube once but was able to clean it easily enough.

Clare A

My review sounds more negative than I'd hoped! This is the pump I recommend to anyone and have purchased 2 as gifts.

Kimberley
Kimberley

Best pump

So easy and comfortable to use. Use this machine each time after having my babies (at least 6months). Easy to clean and store when not needed. Comes with its own carry bag with everything you need. Can even use it on the go without wall power, just need batteries. Currently using this pump with baby number 3

Bec Stone
Bec Stone

Easy to use

This pump fitted very comfortably. I used the pump for about 15/20min to drain supply completely after feeding bub. I breast fed for 6 months I total and pumped for about 3 months to boost supply. The parts were very easy to clean and maintain in hot soapy water before sterilising. I loved that it was able to be used both with a chord or batteries so it was portable when needed.

Karen t
Karen t

So glad I had this!

Lalelo
LaleloMelbourne

great breast pump

its a great product that was highly recommended to me. i bought it when i had my first baby, and still used with my second baby. it is very easy to clean and sterilize. comfortable to use and has different speeds settings.. quiet and compact. parts are also replaceable, as once we lost a part, we just simply bought the part we lost and didnt have the buy a new machine

Diance
Diance

Very good product

Very comfortable to use, not hurt, and pump milk quickly.
Some other brand bottles can also be suitable for the machine, and I bought a tube which and use for both sides with two bottles, that makes much easier and more efficient for new mums to finish the job. Highly recommend.

Nicole
NicoleAdelaide

Works well

Comfortable and easy to use. I like that you can chose to plug into a power outlet or use the batteries if out and about. Easy to clean. Only problem I’ve had was when I held it wrong and wasn’t paying attention, my milk flowed back into the machine. But when I read the instructions it explained how to clean it properly if that happens, and even has a little sponge inside to protect the motor bit.

Citychic
CitychicGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great breast pump

I bought the medela pump when i had my second bub as I have heard good things about the medela brand. It is very easy and comfortable to use given the options available, you can set to slow or fast express. For me, it took no longer than 10 minutes to express each side, which was a time saver compared to my manual pump. I no longer have sore breast and hands from manual pumping. I will never go back to using a different brand or manual pump again. It is very easy to clean and detach parts. I definitely recommend the medela having used other brands before.

Betttles
Betttles

Very effective and easy to use

Small and easy to store breast pump which I have found very effective to pump breast milk. Makes getting out by myself every now and then just that bit more doable. Comfortable, expressivobg takes about 15 minutes in total for both sides and easy to clean. I recommend this product to friends.

Medela A.Medela

Thank you for taking time to review our medela swing, we appreciate your feedback. Warm regards, medela customer service.

Shimeji
Shimejiasked

Hi,
I've got medela swing as second hand from my friend. She said I better replace some hygienic parts to new ones but not sure which parts.
Could you give me some advice please?

AGRAY
AGRAY

I would definitely replace the tubes and flanges.

Nancy
Nancyasked

Hi Medela team,
I have a swing flex single breast pump from 8 years ago when I got it for my first child. I am just wondering if the new edition accessories such as tubing and connector will fit my old motor? Plus do I need a valve and membranes as the replacement for it? Thanks!!

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking! We do have spare parts you can use, the best thing to do would be to either call our customer services team directly on +61 (0) 3 9552 8600 and they will be able to tell you exactly what you need or visit our store, medelastore.com.au and purchase directly what you need.

Medela Team

Anonymous
Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,
Natasha

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps