Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 2 of 17)

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
Hummingbird

HummingbirdSouthwest, VIC

Essential if you have trouble lactating!

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $190.00.

Larns

LarnsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love the Medela Swing

The Medela swing is everything you need in a breast pump. I use it almost everyday to pump excess milk to avoid mastitis and blocked ducts. It is quick, quiet, small and i'm able to express 180ml in less than 5 minutes. I bought the pack that came with the bottle and lid. Only thing that would make it better is an extra bottle - one is quite limited. I'd also recommend having options for different size nipple shields as the one in the box was too small for me.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bedding Physical store for $180.00.

Lisa S.

Lisa S.

Best pump ever

I loved my medella swing when I was breast feeding! Previously had tried the advent one and it wasn’t nearly as good as this. Can be used with batteries so you can take it anywhere.

Purchased for $200.00.

lishylee

lishylee

Amazing product.

This pump is very confortable and effective to use. I have used this pump daily for months with no issues with suction etc. It is so handy to travel with, I have purchased four AA batteries that I recharge and use at home and travelling and this function is invaluble to not be stuck to a wall. It is a bit louder than the medela symphony that I used in hospital and also rented for a few weeks before I realised I would definetely benefit from owning one, the noise is no issue though and I would purchase this again as I am very happy with it. I am very happy with how much I am able to express with this product even now 9 months pp.

Purchased in November 2018 at Chemist Warehouse.

Gia J.

Gia J.

Best pump ever

After trying 3 pumps I can say this is the best!
You can clip it into your shorts and walk around the house doing stuff while pumping.
I’d recommend to anyone

Purchased in December 2018 at Chemist Warehouse for $200.00.

Jillian

JillianHobart, TAS

So easy and effective

This is so simple and nice to use compared to others I've used with my first born that can be so confusing and frustrating. Soo basic to use but works amazing. The hospital where i live use medela so it's a no brainer they're great. Easy to use on the go as they aren't bulky. They're also quiet. My medela swing was what got me through 4 months of exclusively pumping. So easy to pull apart and clean with minimal parts

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $200.00.

dsharma

dsharmaSydney, NSW

Its fantastic

I used it when i gave birth to have breaks from BF and they are great. Just at times there would be some muck in the pipe and its sooo difficult to get rid of it. its a little bit noisy so you cant be in the same room as your sleeping baby.

Purchased in April 2017 at Baby Bunting for $250.00.

Jeee2

Jeee2Sydney, NSW

Best gift ever

I got this as a gift and I couldn’t be happier with it and it works great with me but unfortunately the paid in the rubber sometimes hurt so you guys just buy the protection pads but for new born mother perfect gift

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $399.00.

Karrissa

Karrissa

Fantastic product.

This pump is amazing! I love that you can plug it in to a power point at home or use batteries if you are out and about and need to pump! Very comfortable while pumping.

Purchased in February 2015 for $250.00.

Dani

DaniPerth

Great Breast Pump

Renee

ReneeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy

I used this pump for 2 months while my son was in hospital. It is fantastic i could pin it to me and walk around to do things while pumping still, its light and compact. The children's hospital also have the larger version of these pumps and this little thing is just as good. Definitely will recommend to others.

Ney

NeyBrisbane

Prefect for pumping.

Very comfortable and effective as a first time mum, very gentle on the nipples. I used it daily after the birth of my daughter - expressed so her father could also experience feeding our child. I didn't travel with it as most time expressing was at home however it did does come in a handy bag with a little bottle stand (with the adapter or battery operated) some nights I would just use the battery operated mode and I didn't like cords around sometimes and the battery lasted a long time for pumping.

I was satisfied with the amount able to express for my daughter.

Courty

Courty

Love this product!

This breast pump is fantastic! I have recently changed brands and the Medela is nice and quiet to use. It pulls apart easily which makes cleaning a breeze and I find it small and compact so it is easy to travel with. It is also comfortable while expressing around the clock as my old breast pump gave me blisters!!! Love it!

Jessica V

Jessica VMelbourne

A great buy!

This pump is great! So easy to use and it is portable - definitely well worth the money. It is comfortable to use, the spare parts and bottles are very easy to get if you need, available in a lot of store. I was using it heaps when my son was fully breast fed before solids, I took it to work and used it at least 3 times a day.

billie

billiePerth

Beauty

Great pump, I defiantly got my money's worth with it. Comfortable to use, and effective in the volume of milk that I pumped. The design is great, small and round easy to take with you. Used it three or four times a week never had any dramas with it. Happy with this product

Hi Billie
Thanks so much for taking the time to review the Swing. Medela always appreciate our Customers Feedback.
Kind regards

Zaydans mummy

Zaydans mummyLondon

One of my best buys!! Worth the money

I bought this item after reading reviews, I must say it seemed effortless, there’s 3 speed it pumps at which is good, I started at slow then fasten it up, the suction is excellent, I used to pump 3 times a day gettin a full bottle each time whilst breastfeeding my son, which took 20 mins if that!! i wouldn’t recommend anything other than this and couldn do without this, it’s small and portable, I used to take it out with me, and the best thing about it is.... it’s pretty quite compared to other ones I’ve seen used by others, and it’s easy to clean!! Both my sisters and couple of my friends have it and swear by it too

Hi Zaydans mummy,
Thank you for your review of the Medela Swing. It is always nice to know our Customers would recommend Medela products to other Mothers.
Kind regards

Helped me relactate

After not being able to feed my son for a few months I found out about "relactating" talked to a lactation consultant and she arranged a loan of the symphony electric pump(excellent pump in its own). Once the loan period was coming to an end she suggested this pump for me. I used it every two hours, approx 10min sessions, for 4 months or so then once or twice every other day. Stored it away for next bub, 5 years later I still managed to use it to help with the beginning of my journey! would highly recommend this pump.

Jorja

JorjaHermitage

Recommended

This pump is awesome. It was recommended by my physician and before mine arrived I was using the same one borrowed from my sister. It’s easy to clean and the plastic looks high quality. There are clear instructions as well. In addition, I love the color!! Highly recommended.Hope this helps somebody out.

AvrilO

AvrilO

Just wonderful

As far as breastpumps go this is by far the best pump I have used. Very user friendly and portable. Very quite also so able to pump while feeding baby to sleep. I have used a few other brands but this is the best and well worth the money spent. Accessories are just as good as the pump.

Hayley

HayleyPENROSE

Quiet and Works great

It does a wonderful job. I don't have to pump every day.If I do have to pump the pump is very easy to put together and I can pump what I need in ten minutes. I was worried it would not have the pumping power of the more expensive pumps but I was wrong. It pumps as well as the more expensive ones I have used. I would recommend it highly!

Hi Hayley
Thank you very much for your review of the Medela Swing. It is always a pleasure to hear our products are helping mothers in their breastfeeding/expressing journey.
kind regards

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Meital

Meitalasked

Hi,
I just bought Medela Swing (single) and I don’t seem to understand something basic- I do know you can use it either with the plug-in or with the batteries but isn’t there a need to give it an initial charge (of 24 hours like it goes with the Freestyle I used to have, before it was unfortunately broken beyond repair)? Can I use it straight away after I bought it (plugged in) or should there be an initial charging time prior to first use?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Meital, thank you for reaching out! Because your Swing requires powering up with either batteries or mains power, you cannot 'charge' it as such, unlike the Freestyle which has a re-chargable battery. Your Swing pump is ready to use as soon as you receive it, either using batteries or plugged into mains power.

Hope this helps!

For further information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kind regards,

Amy G.
Amy G.

Nope, she’s ready to go. Just plug into the mains power and get pumping :)

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps