Medela Swing

Medela Swing (page 4 of 17)

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
WynonaW

WynonaWMelbourne

Definitely the best

This pump came in handy in the first week of us being parents. We purchased from Baby Bunting and thankfully it was on sale and came in a pack with tonnes of accessories. The machine is loud, as they all are but the fact that you could change pressure was always fantastic. It was very easy to clean and the parts didn't need changing as often as I thought they would. All in all, for something other than a hospital pump I would definitely go for this one or the maxi with 2 pump attachments. Medela is a great brand!

Margaret Lay

Margaret LaySydney

Does it’s job

Medals Swing is a great product. Not that same as breastfeeding but it does it’s job. I had to use this at the start of breastfeeding and still do for the days that I cannot breastfeed. It is easy to use, comfortable and easy to clean. Would recommend this product.

Julia

Julia

Love my pump

My medela single pump is easy to use, easy to clean and assemble. I use it very morning and get 100mls to store and do a full feed , it only take aBout 5 min on each breast.
I like the Calma teat and bottle too . I would highly recommend medela .
I also use the cleaning detergent

Ella

EllaRosehill

The best! Saved all my milk

Very comfortabe very easy to use and most of all very compact that I can bring it anywhere. I bought it 2 months after my bby is born because my milk supply is decreasing and oh boy, my milk supply increased again after just a day of using it every 3 hours. Would definitely use it again for my next babies

Jacinta S

Jacinta SMelbourne

Easy to use

I found this pump easy to use and easy to clean. I did have a problem with the suction dying off. Medela were quick to respond to my phone call and email. It was taken back to place of purchase and repaired (I didn’t realise that there was a little filter in the back that needed to be cleaned). Medela followed up with my phone call to make sure that the pump was fixed or replaced.

Monique

MoniqueOxenford

The best can not live without it

My medella breast pump is the best thing since sliced bread. I can take it anywhere. It’s quick and easy to use with minimal work. The price is fairly cheap to. I have had it for 5 years now and have used it with all three of my babies. Thank you

Dmatic

DmaticSydney, NSW

Reliable and easy to clean and use

I had to use this machine from when I was in the hospital after I gave birth. My milk wasn't coming in, and neither was any colostrum. This was very stressing. I used this every day and finally it all happened. If I had manually pumped (hand) or used a manual pump it would have taken me much longer for my milk to come in. If you have a hungry newborn baby that is losing 0.5kg and has jaundice, it is a very stressful situation. I wish I bought this before I gave birth. I used it every couple hours to get my milk production up. I'm surprised at how reliable it is!

okadelaide

okadelaideAU

Love it

Purchased this product to use for expressing one to two bottles a day. It is great in that I can express up to 150mls in around 10-20 minutes. The other thing I love is that it is so light and portable so you can easily take it with you if you need to pump. Would definitely recommend!

Hi Okadelaide
Thank you for comments. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and also your recommendation to other Mothers.
Kind regards
Pauline

Emily

EmilyMelbourne

Must have for any new breastfeeding Mumma!

I wish I had this pump BEFORE i gave birth. Hand pumps just didn't do the job in the early weeks of engorged breasts. This is very easy to use, comfortable and easy to clean. I use it at least once a day and is perfect to empty breasts if baby has not for whatever reason, this avoids sore breasts, leakage and developing mastitis! It can be powered by AA batteries, therefore making it easy to use on the go or anywhere. Recommend for all mums who intend to breastfeed, just keep the receipt and if for whatever reason you don't use it, just return it. Much better to have on hand than putting up with the pain and discomfort in the initial weeks from engorgemnet ect.

Hi Emily
Thank you for taking the time to give Medela such a pleasant review. Yes, you should always keep your receipt from your place purchase as we offer an excellent warranty of two years on our pump motors.
Kind regards
Pauline

Farm mum

Farm mumSouth West, WA

Best pump I’ve used

Best pump on the market. Easy to use, it’s quick and always reliable. My milk supply has increased with using this pump. The bottles that come with it are great, although my baby gags with the calma teat that’s included, we just purchased extra bottles with the normal teats on it. I like that spare parts are available if needed. I understand why hospitals use this brand.

Rourou

RourouWestmead

Perfect

I love this breast bump .. its easy and fast to use and its very comfortable to use .. i use it every day .. its easy to clean and maintain. . Im diffnitly using this product again in the future. . Very good quality and I highly recommend it

Medela A.Medela

This was a great pump! Easy to use and easily lasted through my five years of breastfeeding (3 kids)

This pump was so easy to use, clean and store away. I could easily transport itwhen we went o holidays. I used it for 3 children over a period of five years and it’s still going strong. One of the best investments I made when my first child was born.

Selina

Selina

Great pump

Nice and comfortable to use, can also be used with batteries in so you can use on the go/walking around. Easy to clean and maintain. Would definitely recommend this product to all breastfeed mums and will also be using this again when I have another child. Great product for sure.

Aimee

AimeeGrafton

Saved my breastfeeding career.

As a new mum I felt that it’d be easy to breastfeed my baby, we ended up having a difficult birth and it led to her having a lot of difficulty feeding, I started pumping with this and kept persisting with the medela nipple shield and we finally got it after a week. Without this pump I would have been bottle feeding my baby and it would have broken my heart. I still use it regularly to store milk and it is so easy and great quality! I don’t like that they don’t have wider neck bottle options but I have bought the closer to nature attatchments to use there express bags and will be buying the bottle that goes with that for the more natural feel for my baby.

Vanessa

Vanessa

My favourite pump

This pump is great, i couldn't lice without it, easy to use expresses great and doesnt take much to clean it. Its priced well maybe a bit more expensive than other brands but you are paying for the better quality. I use it every single day multiple times for over a year and have not had a problem

Katie L

Katie LGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Breastfeeding? This Medela Swing breast pump machine is hands down the BEST & LIFE SAVER!

Caroline Thomas

Caroline ThomasQueensland, 4877

The first time that it works out

Yes i would use it again ... iam so happy with it. The milk comes quick and doesnt hurt either. I use the machine approx. An half hour a day. Its easy to maintain and easy to handke. I would tecommend this product for every mum. Such a good product.

Becsta80

Becsta80South East Queensland, QLD

Medela is the best!

As a first time mum 4 years ago I was struggling to work out what to buy - and the market tends to focus on another known company (and the hand pump is useless). I had to good fortune to use the hospital grade one and then went a bought the Medela swing when I got home.
It’s an amazing, easy to use, clean, maintain and it’s quite light and portable. I did have a minor issue but the unit was swapped over for a brand new one no questions asked.
I am now using it again 4 years later and it’s still going strong. I have been recommending this pump to anyone considering buying firnocer 4 years!

Clare AAU

Excellent Pump for Occassional Use

I found the Medela Swing an excellent and efficient pump for occasional use. I would go for a hospital grade if I was exclusively pumping. The pump is easy to use and clean and has a great 'let down' mimicking function. I did get milk in the tube once but was able to clean it easily enough.

Clare A

My review sounds more negative than I'd hoped! This is the pump I recommend to anyone and have purchased 2 as gifts.

Kimberley

Kimberley

Best pump

So easy and comfortable to use. Use this machine each time after having my babies (at least 6months). Easy to clean and store when not needed. Comes with its own carry bag with everything you need. Can even use it on the go without wall power, just need batteries. Currently using this pump with baby number 3

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Hi Team, unknowingly I’ve bought swing flex when there’s a maxi flex , now it’s time consuming because I couldn’t use both breasts at a single time. Is there a way that I can replace a motor with an add on cost? As I’ve spent already 200$ do I need to spend another 270$ to get maxi flex?

Medela A.Medela

Hi there, we are sorry to hear this! Please contact your place of purchase or our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they will do everything they can to help you. Please note that once a pump has been used, we cannot exchange or replace a motor unless there is a fault with the machine that is covered under warranty.

Kindest Regards,

neha M.asked

Hi team,
I have medela swing flex single pump. Buy now i need to use it with double tube i.e. to start pumping from both at one time. Can u suggest if u can buy accessories for it? All parts i saw says compatible with only maxi flex? Can u suggest what shud i buy to get extra tube and extractor?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Neha, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately our Swing Single breast pump is not able to be used as a double breast pump because the motor is not strong enough to express both breasts at the same time. It is designed as a single pump only. If you would like to double pump, you would need to purchase the Swing Maxi Flex or Freestyle Flex.
Kindest Regards,

Thanks Natasha... that helps

Medela A.Medela

No worries Neha. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com and they would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Meital

Meitalasked

Hi,
I just bought Medela Swing (single) and I don’t seem to understand something basic- I do know you can use it either with the plug-in or with the batteries but isn’t there a need to give it an initial charge (of 24 hours like it goes with the Freestyle I used to have, before it was unfortunately broken beyond repair)? Can I use it straight away after I bought it (plugged in) or should there be an initial charging time prior to first use?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Meital, thank you for reaching out! Because your Swing requires powering up with either batteries or mains power, you cannot 'charge' it as such, unlike the Freestyle which has a re-chargable battery. Your Swing pump is ready to use as soon as you receive it, either using batteries or plugged into mains power.

Hope this helps!

For further information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Kind regards,

Amy G.
Amy G.

Nope, she’s ready to go. Just plug into the mains power and get pumping :)

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps