2Medescan Rainbow Mist

Medescan Rainbow Mist Questions & Answers

Sophia W.
Sophia W.

Hi, we lost the filter cap of the Medescan rainbow mist humidifier.... can we purchase a new one from you?

Medescan   DM

Hi Sophia, We can certainly supply a replacement cap and filter. Please contact our customer service team during regular business hours on 1300 736 330 or email them directly info@medescan.com.au

Michael1052
Michael1052

I've been using the Medescan vaporiser for many years, but always come up with a cleaning problem. Sure, I can clean the accessible areas in the base unit, but the mechanism beneath is not available for cleaning. The issue is, that over time, the vapour output diminishes, and I'm assuming the problem lies in being unable to clean the inaccessible interior.

Is it safe to use a water-vinegar mix in the bowl to clean the whole mechanism, or do you provide a cleaning product for this?

Medescan   DM

Hi Michael, Some warm water and white vinegar in the water tank will be perfect. Please make sure you rinse the tank thoroughly before using again.

If you need any other support, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team directly on 1300 736 330.

Maria C.
Maria C.

Hi, I have just purchased the Medescan Rainbow Mist humidifier. It was working at home and I have now moved it to my office and it is not working. Can you please advise what I can do to get it working. Was loving the product and would like to continue using it. Thank you. Maria

Medescan   DM

Hi Maria, Please contact our customer service team directly on 1300 736 330 and they can walk you through a couple of work arounds.

I am certain the team will help you find a solution.

Online Customer Relations Team

Jod

We have now had two of this product as first one didn’t mist at all so got replacement bottom and again the same problem no mist

Jools
Jools

I had that happen once but discovered the water has to have run into the bottom tank first before it will work. Hope this helps.

it still didnt work

Medescan   DM

Hi Jod, We would love to help you further with this.

Please email us your best contact phone number and a time suitable to contact you. One of our technicians will reach out with a solution.

Alli
Alli

My Medescan is about 12 months old (maybe less) and it's been great while my toddler is sick. But today I noticed it was near empty so I took the blue top off to refill it and gave the bottom a wipe out with a damp cloth and now when I turn it on the usually green light is red like it's not registering the water level. It's the first time I've had this issue and im a little worried I've fried it somehow. Any troubleshooting suggestions? I thought to leave it for a few days and try again but if I can fix it faster, that would be better

Medescan   DM

Hi Alli, please contact our customer service team directly via email: info@medescan.com.au with your phone number and best contact times and one of our team members will contact you to help you solve the issue.

I hope this answers your query.

Glenda C.
Glenda C.

Is it suitable for mould?

Medescan   DM

Hi Glenda, The Rainbow Mist humidifier reduces the chance of mould and mildew build up normally associated with the older style vapourizers.

The Medescan Rainbow Mist humidifier vapour flow can be controlled and in smaller areas may be put to a lower flow.

Another advantage of the ultrasonic humidifiers is the fact that they produce very fine nano-mist which again reduces the probability of mould and mildew.

I hope this answers your question.

Please feel free to email us directly, info@medescan.com.au for any other information.

Tracey P.
Tracey P.

I haven't used my unit for 2 years it's like new, just filled with water to check it.Was working good so I decided to empty the water out and noticed water in the white bottom part,is this normal?I want to give it to my daughter for her baby, but if it's dangerous I'll throw it away.

Medescan   DM

Hi Tracey, There should be no water in the bottom part.

Please contact our customer service team during regular business hours on 1300 736 330 or email: info@medescan.com.au

One of our customer service team members will go through some basic troubleshooting and advise you of best course of action.

Alana.D
Alana.D

My Medescan rainbow humidifier isn’t producing the mist at all

Medescan   DM

Hi Alana, I am sorry to hear of this experience. Please contact our customer service team through email:
info@medescan.com.au or via telephone on 1300 736 330.

Our team will guide you through some simple fixes for this situation.

Tag
Tag

HI, I bought Medescan, top filling humidifier but it is not working. It blinks for 10 times and nothing happens after that. I tried calling on the 1300 number but cannot leave a message as the inbox is full. Can you please help with a solution.

Medescan   DM

Hi, Sorry for your experience.
Please email our team info@medescan.com.au with your best contact phone number and we can call you at a time convenient to you.

I would like a technician walk you through a few of the simple workarounds and fixes.

I appreciate your patients and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Pamela V.
Pamela V.

Is there any way I can get replacement pads for the aroma tray? Ours has gone missing. Does it actually need a pad or can we just put our oil of choice directly into the tray?

Medescan   DM

Hi Pamela, Thank you for the question.

Regarding the aroma tray, you can use any absorbent material such as make-up remover pads cut to size.

I hope this helps.

Danielle T.
Danielle T.

Can I just use a regular water in the tank with no rainbow fill top mist?

Vera
Vera

Absolutely you can, I use regular tap water in the tank But not sure what you mean by "tank with no rainbow fill top mist"? When you have filled tank with water, then you turn it on so it can mist.

Pam
Pam

I have had my rainbow mist humidifier for 5 years & have replaced the water filter several times.
For some time now it has been making a noise when it is running, both before & after replacing the filter. How often should the filter be replaced?

Medescan   DM

Hi Pam, I think it would be best to contact our customer service team during regular business hours and one of our team members would be very happy to guide you through a fix for this issue.

Dijon Dugnutt
Dijon Dugnutt

Is there anyway to buy a replacement of the part that screws in the filter? I accidentally threw it away with an old filter…

Medescan   DM

Hi Dijon, please contact our customer service team during regular business hours and the team will be more than happy to help you out. 1300 736 330

Brooke T.
Brooke T.

Hi, I’m wondering how to clean this product, and how often I should do so? Thanks

Medescan   DM

Hi Brooke, We recommend regular cleaning of the Rainbow Mist Humidifier about once every one to two days of use.

For the base simply wipe with a damp cloth and you may use a mild soap, then wipe away the soap with damp cloth.

For the water tank we recommend you use some warm water with a teaspoofull of white vinegar. Swirl thouroughly and then wash the vinegar out.

Allow to air dry if you intend to store away.

I hope this helps, alternativley, you may contact our customer service team during regular business hours on 1300736330.

Kelsey E.
Kelsey E.

Hello,
My humidifier is making mist in the base but it isn't travelling up and out the spout anymore. Is that a filter problem? It's more than 12 months old and I've never changed a filter because I'm not really sure how to, or where to get them from. Help please! Lol. Thanks!

Medescan   DM

Hi Kelsey, Please get in touch with our customer service team during regular business hours on 1300 736 330 and one of our team members will be more than happy to troubleshoot the issue with you.

xxswilly
xxswilly

Hey Kelsey, how did you go with this? I've tried calling and emailing Medescan several times but haven't had any response which may be due to the recent lockdowns. I purchased the another Medescan Humidifier which has had the same problem now which is super frustrating but hope you have been able to find a solution? Thanks

Medescan   DM

Hi (xxswilly), please direct message us your details and I will make sure one of our team members reaches out to you and sort out this problem.

I do appologise about the delays this lockdown is causing.

Regards

Julie F.
Julie F.

I purchased my unit today and it won’t turn on
When I press the flow buttons all lights flash for 5 seconds then turn off with out the unit turning on please help

Medescan   DM

Hi Julie, please contact our customer service team on 1300 736 330. The team will be more than happy to guide you through what is required to make the humidifier run properly.

Alternatively, you can email us your contact details and we can call you to help solve.

Angela
Angela

Hi, my medescan rainbow mist humidifier is less than a month old… it had been working fine up until a few days ago. The water is running out way too quickly (it is set on low as I use it in my toddler’s room which is small). Used on the same setting I would still have about a third of the water left in the tank when running overnight (sometimes 12 hours) now it dries out within 6-8 hours on the low setting. I even changed the filter as I thought using the medescan special blend oil may have affected it so started using only plain water. There is no leak!

Medescan   DM

Hi Angela, Please contact our customer service team on 1300 736 330 and one of our helpful staff will guide you through a few workarounds.

You can also email directly on info@medescan.com.au

Fifi

Hi. When I use my humidifier, the steam cones out and about an hour later, my floor is wet, and the floor is filled with water.

Medescan   DM

Hi Fifi, thank you for your question.

For an average sized room, we would recommend you to use the lowest power setting and please make sure that the unit is elevated off the ground (Minimum of 60cm off the ground)

If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team or email us direct with your contact details.

Regards

medescan.com.au

Fifi

Thank you for your reply, I will try it out. Thank you so much

Cat

What’s the difference between rainbow mist and rainbow mist top fill?

Cat

How long does the humidifier lasts once you fill up the tank?

Hi Cat, a full water tank can last 14-15 hours on the minimum flow

Cat

Hi Van, will the room became quite cold since this is a cold mist and that I am planning to use in winter time.

Van

I find the minimum flow setting is still strong. Yes I use it in winter as well. As long as you don’t put the nozzle to point directly at baby it’s not that cold. It’s really good for nasal congestion. The only thing is you have to clean it everyday and use fresh water every time you use it, otherwise it gets mouldy really fast. I hope it helps Cat

Cat

Many thanks for your help Van

Medescan   DM

Thank you Van, great answers. we always recommend a low flow for regular sized bedrooms (18-20 hours). The mist should become same as room temperature once it hits the atmosphere so you should not have a cooling effect.

But as our friend Van mentioned, better not point it directly at bubs.

If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to email us directly info@medescan.com.au or visit our website, medescan.com.au

1300 736 330

Get an answer from our members and Medescan representatives