2Medescan Rainbow Mist

76% · 10523 · 17%

Paul
PaulPerth, WA10 posts

Excellent product

Everything as described, and very pleased with performance. Great many features (variable night light, auto shut off, oil fragrance defuser, intensity control), and peace of mind knowing the available support by Medescan. The recommended oils/fragrance by Medescan is the perfect balance of effective relief and relaxation without overpowering your senses. Believe that the little one slept soundly due to Medescan Rainbow Mist with recommended oils/fragrance, when she had flu/cold.

Kirsten D
Kirsten DSydney2 posts

Was working a treat and now sounds like a small lawnmower running in the bedroom!

Bought our Medescan Rainbow Mist about a year and a half ago. Used initially for our first baby when she got her first real cold, worked well. Got it back out a week ago for our new baby. Have been running it every night for a week and now it’s humming like a small lawnmower every time we turn it on. Still making mist and lights. Just certainly not whisper quiet anymore! Could pass as my babies white noise machine now. Disappointed as we were about to buy another for our room , until this happened. Not the cheapest humidifier on the market , would expect it to last longer then 1.5 years and especiallly as it has probably run for a total of 14 days at the most.

Dave
Dave2 posts

Definite Value

I purchased just over a week ago as family members have had flu & have found it makes a huge difference in comfort levels. Instead of waking with aching throat & lungs from mucus, the mucus is now soft & easy to expel because of added moisture from humidifier.

I wish I had made the decision to buy this product years earlier.

Trish
Trish2 posts

No mist

Worked great then all of a sudden the mist stopped coming out and now nothing is working but the light. It’s quite disappointing as it is great for the kids rooms and helps them when they need a bit of help with congestion. Would like to know why there is no mist

Shannon1894
Shannon1894Newcastle3 posts

Good, but isn't working very well

I got my humidifier not long ago and it was working great, worked well with the oils and it really helped my son with his viral infection. But recently its started making a loud noise from the base when on which isnt good. Definitely hoping it isn't about to break because its not old... if it breaks this soon i definitely wont be happy. So other then the loud noise its making its great.

Essjay
EssjayPERTH

Hayley
Hayley

Exceptional customer service

I absolutely love my rainbow mist humidifier. We have had no issies and have had our for almost a year and a half.

When I needed a replacement part and a filter I contacted the team and was expecting to have difficulty in getting what I wanted and at a good price.

I was pleasantly surprised when not only was my purchase done and completed within minutes but I also received my order the next day.

I honestly can't recommend medescan higher

Leigh
LeighNorthern Region, NSW9 posts

I have used this daily during winter for my children

I have never had any trouble with this. I had a humidifier that used steam, I ended up with mould on the windows. This doesn't do this, it blows lovely cool steam. I've used it for my son who had croup and when he has had coughs/ colds. I give them as baby shower presents. I have purchased 4 so far. They are excellent for sick kids. I use plain steam, I don't bother with smelly oils etc.

Show details ·  3

ians
ianskayena11 posts

Only one complaint

I have only recently purchased this product and it is working fine - my only complaint is that the oils drawer is very small and difficult/fiddly to open, it would be better if it was designed to have something to grab onto to remove it (I have tied a string to it!). The unit also does not pick up the fragrance of the oil, even on the low setting.

Show details ·  6

Maruko
Maruko

Won’t buy again

It was great for about a month before the black plastic ring started deteriorating. To the eye, it looks like mould, but it’s not growth as such, just plastic peeling off. Then I noticed my cats getting sick every time I used the humidifier again. After multiple trials, I decided to stop using it and the cats also stopped getting sick at the same time.

Caryn P
Caryn PAU2 posts

Very disappointing

The first unit I purchased worked for 2 days. Lovely soothing mist/vapour. Then it just stopped blowing any vapour at all and was only blowing air. Phoned Customer Service and they very quickly sent me out a new base. The new base has blown nothing but air since I plugged it in. No mist/vapour - nothing. Have followed the troubleshooting guide - it has plenty of water in it, it's on a level surface etc etc and nothing happens. Very disappointed in this product particularly given most other people with this produce have nothing but good things to say about it. Surely I can't have been that unlucky as to have had 2 bases with damaged oscillators in the space of 2 weeks!

New home
New homeMELBOURNE3 posts

Great when it works

We bought our medescan rainbow mist about two years ago. It worked great when our daughter had a cold which she had many in her first year, really helped with her breathing.

We tried using it again with our second daughter this year and it wouldn't turn on or would only decide to work at certain times. It's a shame because this product worked great the first time. Ended up throwing it out. Not sure if it's meant to be used constantly which seems a waste. For it not to be used for a year and then just stop working is pretty poor.

Annette
AnnetteAU7 posts

Great for dry throat

Ive been waking up with a sore throat every morning from our air conditioner. I brought this base on chemist advise. I have not woken up with a sore throat since :) plus it’s been great for my husband cold with a little eucalyptus oil in the tray. good price and I like the soft light at night.

Sprout
SproutMelbourne

Great

The machine is well made, easy to use and clean and safe for baby (no hot water).

We use it for our little one, who developed 'baby asthma' at around 15 months (ie he has 'post viral wheeze' and needs Ventolin every time he has a chest cold. The true 'asthma' diagnosis can't be made for infants).

He seems to have less symptoms when we use the Rainbow Mist. This is partly because he feels calmer and breathing difficulties are a disease where feeling calmer dramatically reduces severity.

Customer service is great (although the website isn't very good).

When we dropped the water container part they replaced it very cheaply and gave us a new water filter gratis and it arrived pronto.

pat
patNorthern Region, NSW48 posts

wonderful My night breathing greatly improved

I have only had this humidifier for a few months but already Im feeling the benefits of less sinus problems and sleeping much better without the interruption of night coughing. I look forward to seeing its beneficial effects during winter with the usual drying effects of a wood burning stove.

Show details ·  2

Sii
Sii

Excellent customer services

I used machine for over a year. I suspect water has gone into the base when cleaning the unit, the machine stopped working. I called customer service yesterday and they sent me a new base with future cleaning tips. Guess what? I got the new base today! I m so happy!

Milo
Milo

Fantastic customer service

My rainbow mist humidifier wasn't pumping out the same amount of water vapour then when I purchased it a month ago. Called them up and after a two minute chat they organised a new base for me, no further questions asked. Michael was very pleasant on the phone and gave me some further pointers for the future. I cannot fault the product or the company.

Kpowell
KpowellPerth2 posts

Melted filter

I loved my Rainbow vaporizer I always clean it before i put it away. I got it out of the cupboard today and filled it and had it running for 3 hours only to hear water dripping and looking at the medescan. I turned it off and opened it only to find the filter where you fill the water has melted ??? Not really happy at all so glad I didn't go out and forget it was on

Tamara
TamaraPerth6 posts

Teying to contact mediscan customer help

Hi, i have been really happy with my purchase of rsinbow humidifier (purchased 12/7/17) however the last few nights it has been really noisey and im unable to use it have tryed calling customer care but unable to reach anyone. I still have my receipt and box. Could someone please send me an email address or another number to contact someone to speak with? Thanks

Sharon
SharonCaboolture

Waste of money

My daughter bought this 5 months ago and used it twice, my grand baby is sick and we needed to use it last night, it lasted for an hour and now won’t work no vapor at all! It was properly cleaned and dried in between and after both uses. I checked the oscillator and some of the coating has bubbled and some has come off! Not impressed! Can’t find the receipt to return it..

Lilly
LillyMelbourne

Excellent customer service

I purchased the Rainbow Mist Humidifier two years ago. The LED light stopped working after two years using the humidifier every night. I contacted the customer service and they responded to me quickly. I am very happy to report mailed me a brand new base immediately.

The Humidifier works great. It's quiet, the cool mist makes it safe. I use the aromatherapy tray to diffuse eucalyptus oil. I keep the red light on as a night light

The replacement filter was hard to find, I ordered it from eBay.

The only issue I have with it is that I need to press 7-8 times every night to get to the red light. It's a rainbow humidifier, Red should be the first colour!

Martin T.
Martin T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC32 posts

Works very well for bronchitis

Dispersed cold mist effectively in a bedroom. Ideal for bronchitis when eucalyptus oil is added to filter. When using keep room warm with your usual heater. Only noise it make is water trickling down or bubble sound when the lower machine tank refills automatically. Only negative as mentioned the cycling through to turn off the led display. However I have found it remembers the LED off even after powered off. Great product, works for me.

Show details ·  2

mayon
mayonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC15 posts

best in room

I did research all products in humidifier before i buy this product in cincotta chemist shop..it s cheaper than anywhere else..it s very nice in led globe in night with colour changing and you can change mist volume more or less ..

pros

mist level low high setting,multicolour led, less noise

cons

can t switch off led with one press need to go more time...

hope medescan will workout with timer

Laura p
Laura p

Wonderful

I bought this yesterday because I have a bad cold and was having trouble breathing through my nose. I put it on last night and omg it's amazing. Cleared my nose and I slept so well! I don't know know I've ever lived without it. Will definitely keep using it forever.

CJ
CJSydney36 posts

Kristy
Kristy

After a few days continuous use - slime in water?

I don't know if i am using the product incorrectly and if anyone else has this issue but I notice an icky slime in the water reservoir after a few days of use? Trying to clean off the slime is proving difficult as the plastic parts are not removable and too small to fit a sponge. I even tried a toothbrush!

karen
karen10 posts

Great product but easy to break

I love this humidifier. It wasn't as expensive as the other brands but I believe works so much better. It's quiet and I love that you can control the level of humidification. As soon as I walked into the room I could notice the difference in the air. I love that it lights up as it acts like a night light. Only thing I didn't like was that the top and bottom comes apart in order to fill with water but it doesn't lock back in place. As it is very thin and light plastic it was very easy to knock over (especially when the lights encourage toddlers to play with it) and come apart and spill water everywhere, and as it's very thin plastic.. break. Otherwise great product.

EHuntley
EHuntley

Could not love this more

So easy to use and I love that it is a cool most rather than hot steam. Much safer for my kidlets. I especially love that it doubles as a night light even when I don't need the mist function. I've had mine for going on 3 years now and it still works perfectly. When it eventually dies I will by another exactly the same. It's my standard recommendation for new parents.

Hellfizzio
HellfizzioNoosa4 posts

Great Product and Service

Like others, my vaporiser worked really well for a bit less than a year, then became too noisy to use. I contacted Medescan and they shipped me out a new base. Thanks Michael! It's a great product and Medescan offer a great service. I highly recommend this product to everyone.

Mat
MatSydney4 posts

Great for winter

Simple unit, color lighting is a nice touch. Wife had a really bad cough and this helped instantly at night. Bit expensive but hopefully will last a while.

Seems to be able to punch out the water vapor when set. Clean non offensive design, with a decent tank size that lasts the night.

Salim K
Salim KSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

It is perfect

Quietness was really important for us as we used this in the nursery. I don't think it can get any quieter than this unit. It makes nearly no noise at all.

It's got some serious humidifying power, you can really feel the difference it makes.

Nice LED light is just a bonus.

Gary A
Gary A2 posts

Unit works well. After sales support awesome!

My vapouriser worked really well for a year, it was quiet and effective. After a year it developed an intermittent noise that could wake me up. I contacted Medescan via their web page to see what could be done and received a phone call from a representative the very next day. They shipped me out a new base that same day! I accept that problems happen with appliances, that is life. When a company addresses issues as effectively and easily as Medescan did, that is awesome!

Regina
ReginaSydney8 posts

True to their warranty

My humidifier recently started to get noisy. Fortunately it was still under warranty. I called the Customer Service Center and they organised a new base to be sent out to me. My humidifier is now perfectly silent. Top marks for the customer service team and that they stand by their warranty.

Sothereyougo
SothereyougoAustralian Capital Territory27 posts

Good product, excellent customer service

I use one of these units because I have medications that causes dryness in the eyes and nose, plus having the heater on in winter tends to dry out the air. The Medescan is excellent for these things. I had a little trouble with a whirring noise coming from the unit base so I called the service number often quoted here and they were instantly helpful. They sent me out a new base unit so now it's all good again. I only wish other manufacturers were as responsive to their customers.

Kel
Kel6 posts

Brilliant apart from 1 thing

Great unit. Love how it last so long throughout the night. Great how you can control the flow and pleased the LED is optional. Only gripe with the unit...as the base 'refills' with water during running time it makes a gurgling noise and if you are just about to drift off into LaLa Land and fall asleep, this noise does startle me and wakes me up. However when I'm out cold and pleasantly dreaming I dont hear it which Im grateful for as the unit would be packing its bag if it woke me every time!

Tidd
Tidd

Can I put oil straight in the tank if this unit instead if the tray?

Hi I jus wanting to know Can a blend of oil go straight in the tank instead of the tray? It's not very strong in the tray provided.... And is it safe.... Thank you.... Still happy with the product tho... And my kids love it too.... Cheers I'd love to know

Shelby
Shelby3 posts

Love my humidifer. Was very upset when the LED function broke and subsequently the whole system

Worked wonderfully until it broke. Contacted Medescan as I was within my 2 year warranty and a replacement part is currently on its way to me. Very satisfied with their customer service and promptness to a solution. My kids especially like the LED light function. It serves a dual purpose as a night light.

Ilse
Ilse2 posts
Fiver
FiverAU8 posts

Great unit

I purchased a unit last year for my baby granddaughter who had a bad cold at the time. My daughter was ecstatic when the first night she used it the baby slept right through. I then bought 3 more, one for grandson, one for me and one for very elderly parents. I have used mine quite a lot recently and absolutely love it, I'm sleeping much better than I have in years. I've put liquid Vicks in the tray and even though the aroma is not all that strong it is working. The unit is virtually soundless and the power indicator doesn't disturb your sleep, don't even notice it. Highly recommend this product

Ann
Ann

Fantastic unit

Hi I have lots of different types and brands of humidifiers but this has been the most reliable and useful over the 12 months of use

I use colloidal silver and essential oils in it and is wonderful I am buying another one for a friend as well Great unit!