Rocko WallabyGold Coast

As a Health Professional I would NOT recommend this product!

Jared

JaredSouth East Queensland, QLD

Delaying payment technique

Goldie1951

Goldie1951Gippsland, VIC

disappointment

Medibank Claim Experience

Having top travel insurance cover was definitely not worth my time and money spent. Due to accidental damage to my iPhone and non-reparable nature of it I had to pay $909 at Apple Store in order to have the phone replaced. Medibank gave me $250 in total claim. The biggest joke and insult I have ever experienced. Never again. There is no way I would recommend medibank to anyone.
On top of that, when I called Medibank to speak to an operator in that regard I was confronted with someone answering the phone with rude and unhappy attitude then I brushed off and transferred again to another department which took forever to answer so I hang up in the end. The worst service in all areas. Unbelievable. Seriously.

AnnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Recommended

We are a couple who are frequent international travellers. This is the first time I used Medibank Private Travel Insurance. Needed to ring the emergency assistance on a couple of occasions for the duration of our 5 month holiday. The consultant / service officer was helpful on both occasions. The on-line lodgement of the claims was easy to use and straight forward. Advice of their assessment was prompt - within a week of submitting the claim I had received their response. Good communication via email.

J and M

J and MPerth, WA

Recommended

We have used Medibank Travel Insurance for several years and have made two claims; both were paid out in full.
The first claim, in 2016 resulted from a broken wrist sustained in Amsterdam. We received several phone calls from Medibank both before an operation and afterwards. Each time great compassion and wonderful support was shown. All medical and travel expenses incurred were reimbursed.
The second claim related to a back injury sustained before a trip to Singapore. We had to cancel three days before our departure date. Both flights and accommodation costs were refunded.
Our advice is to provide all supporting documents when claiming online and there will be no delay in receiving a refund.
Highly recommended!

RJC

RJCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never again

Straightforward visit to Dr in USA for antibiotics and steroids following a bad cold - making us jump through hoops and trying to find any way to avoid reimbursing. Never again.
Update: Claimed in January, still unpaid on 20 May - currently on hold (10 minutes so far) to chase up - result of eventual conversation is that the additional medical information (Dr saying no precondition) not good enough - I will take the matter to VCAT - worth the $65 filing fee

J Ong

J OngPerth, WA

Excellent Product

Submitted my claims form & supporting documents for a lost mobile phone. Medibank Travel Claims Department responded with a notification of approval & payment transferred to my account all within 10 business days. Fantastic customer service. Will use them again in future.

Medibank P.Medibank

The best travel insurance company in the country!!

Our travel plans were interrupted due to an unforeseen accident in the family. The claim process was flawless, interaction with the agents was easy and it left me with the best experience dealing with an insurance company. I am always going to use them in future regardless of price difference with other travel insurance companies.
Kudos to Medibank!!

The worst experience ever. DO NOT USE THEM

David

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Better off without MBP

I purchased a multi trip travel insurance policy from MBP. I had my first trip 35 day SE gone without any incident. I booked my second trip to the USA for August 2018. Due to a medical condition, I had to cancel my trip. However, MBP refused to pay my expenses saying that I had a pre existing condition. The branch I went to buy my insurance (Carindale) did not ask me for my medical conditions. However, there claims department dispute this argument. There are much better travel insurance companies available. Avoid MBP at all costs.

Once Bitten29Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Go elsewhere, ANYWHERE

Used this travel insurance company for the first time thinking they were part of Medibank Private, as I've had Medibank Private Health Insurance for thirty years, so they enticed me with banner advertising and customer ? discount. Paid for fully comprehensive insurance with advertised maximum cancellation cover and an advertised money back guarantee. Except, when you put in a claim they don't want to know you. They put me through the hoops of getting all the paperwork, then wouldn't pay me one cent, while other insurance companies will. You better read their 70 pages of fine print. Can't actually speak to a real person.

Ann

AnnMonash

Great if you don't have to make a claim!

First time and had to make a claim. Very poor customer service, was given conflicting advice, not able to speak with person handling my claim, made 5 calls without any luck. Long wait on hold (up to 25 mins!). Finally received my money after much angst. Never use again!

Medibank P.Medibank

Would not use them again

I have used Medibank Travel before but had not had a claim until now. I have just waited 5 months to have our money refunded after being sent I don't know how many times to the review board. I had rung Medibank Travel and then the partner Cover More and each blamed the other for not getting the correct information to each other. In the end I had to send an email off to them to let them know that the time we had waited was unacceptable but still had to wait 2 weeks to get the response they were going to pay out. Most unprofessional and would not use them again.
I use Medibank Private but I bet they would be after their money quicker than I had to wait.

Medibank P.Medibank

Perfect cover for travel. We never leave Australia without it.

Six times previously for any travel outside of Australia. it has always been easy to obtain and until the last trip we have never had a claim.
the claim process was easy and quick. (submitted online) and I found that they made sure we got what we were entitled to and did not lose out at all on our claim.

Medibank P.Medibank

May as well have no travel insurance !!!

Leo
Leo

Maxine

MaxinePerth, 6163

Fast claim service

We used Medibank Travel Insurance for our recent trip to Europe. Visited several countries and did a river cruise. I got sick towards the end of the month long trip and had to visit both a hospital and then GP and get medication. Once back in Aus I sent off the relevant paperwork and was surprised how quickly I received notification of approval of payment. Well done.

Medibank P.Medibank

I have used Medibank Travel Insurance numerous times along with other insurers over many years. This is the first travel claim I have ever made. The claim related to a damaged windscreen on a hire car caused by a stone from a passing truck. The cost of repairs was a little over AUD$1,000.00. Submitting my claim on line was simple. It was easy to submit supporting documentation. Having all the correct supporting information ensured that the claim went well the first time which it did. My claim was assessed and processed within 48 hours and paid in full within 4 days of submission without question of any kind even though they stated that it could take up to 10 days. I will use Medibank Travel Insurance on all future travel.

winglessMelbourne

Ask what is not cover when airline schedules are changed

A recent domestic travel insurance was taken with a travel firm. Private arrangements where made for air travel back to our home town after the holiday {made well in advance and covered in the insured time} allowing us to arrive home on a set date with connecting flights. On two separate occasions due to flight rescheduling we had to pay for a extra nights accommodation to connect returning flights home and also our holiday was reduce by one day.
Our claim for a night's accommodation and days loss of the holiday was rejected as its is an airline's responsibility and flights rescheduling are only cover under certain conditions Ask the airlines and see what they say??

wingless

Hi Anna where did you send the message and your relation to the site

So glad I bought Medibank travel insurance!

First time I’ve bought travel insurance with Medibank. Must say I’m a very happy customer. Due to an injury sustained at F45 (CrossFit), I had to cancel my entire trip to Africa 3 weeks before departure. I submitted a claim online and got paid out in full (minus excess) within 5 working days. No questions asked. Was so grateful I didn’t have to stress about the money “lost” whilst on crutches and preparing for surgery. Thank you Medibank!!

See all Medibank Travel Insurance reviews

Pollyasked

I am considering changing to Medibank travel insurance and have a couple of existing medical issues. I have gone through the application process and have answered honestly and am happy with the addition cost. I have looked at some of the comments and wondered if there are issues when say being hospitalized overseas if you have declared pre existing condition's.

Alan Hogarth
Alan Hogarth

Polly,
I have not been hospitalised overseas however I would expect Medibank travel insurance will cover your pre existing conditions. May I suggest you call Mredibank travel insurance and ask them the question, as they are most helpful, and can give you a positive answer.
Cheers Alan

Hi Polly,
Thanks for getting in touch. We'd love arrange for someone to look into this for you. I just sent you a private message.
Thanks,

John G

John Gasked

Quote please?

Hi John,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

To get a quote on Travel Insurance, please follow the link here: https://travel.medibank.com.au/ .

If you have any further questions or enqiuries please don't hesitate to let us know.

Kindly,
Keara

Martin T

Martin Tasked

I have a quote already. How to proceed it?

Hi Martin,
Thanks for getting in touch, please send us a private message with your quote details and we will help you with that. Alternatively, please don’t hesitate to contact our Travel Insurance team on 134 190 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEDT) for assistance.
Thanks,
Anna

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives