Medibank Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 1-2 months (4)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (23)

michele g.
michele g.Sydney, NSW

on website they say joint reconstruction is covered but it's not

went in for ACL reconstruction. I had to pay for excess, 50% of anesthetist, crutches, in theater x-ray and drugs. Their answer: you are not coverer for those specific item codes, doesn't matter if they are part of the ACL reconstruction procedure we said you are covered for. Very dishonest if you say I am covered I should be covered 100% otherwise put one of those asterisks you like a lot and say that some items might not be included.

Claim DateMay 2021

Medibank = Daylight robbery

Coverage TypeCouple
Claim DateOctober 2020
Mathew
MathewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed - reject my emergency hospital admission

I had a silver plus insurance (highest premium in the market) and still I trusted Medibank to support me and my family during a disaster situation in my life. But when I had a critical situation and had to be admitted, they rejected the admission and said I have a waiting period of 12 months (Mine was a non existing condition). Why then do we take insurance? They all are looting our money and trust..

Claim DateNovember 2020

Hi Mathew,
I am sorry to read your claim was rejected. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

VGhil
VGhilGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Misleading cheats

I have a bronze membership - with dental cover .
I had called up Medibank before my emergency visit to the dentist . They didn’t advise me on the caveats (i.e. in network dentist ) and I had to pay 500 dollars out of pocket for visiting a dentist near me . Medibank didn’t cover me, offer correct guidance or follow up. I am going to change my insurance cover ASAP .
Online Apologies do not make up for the loss and damage to a customer.
Had to spend hours while calling customer service and waiting for someone to respond

Claim DateJuly 2020

Hi there,
I am sorry you didn’t receive the benefit you expected. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

Fiona H.
Fiona H.

Waste of money, potential scam

Medibank canceled my extras that I signed up for, 3 months after joining without being notified. I continuously kept paying for my family just for a hospital cover that we will most probably never use, for over a year. Medibank was also unable to cover my opticals when they said they have. Been fighting my case for 3 months and eventually gave up due to the stress it brought me and my family. Medibank has covered nothing for us. Very disappointed to have to find out they have been continuously profiting from us this way.

Hi Fiona,
I am sorry to read of your experience. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Anna

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Mickyb
MickybGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

36 years of cover and No Support

Previous travel policys and 1st time claim and it gets rejected.
Tour Company goes into liquidation partly due to Covid
We buy a policy months prior to any issue and get $0
Medibank Private Health Insurance 36 years of continuous health insurance with them goodbye MBP hello BUPA

Coverage TypeCouple
Claim DateMay 2020

Ad

Beware of this Company at all costs!

I was sold by false representation a policy that was only good to claim the tax rebate. I only discovered this when I was virtually on an operating table about to have a procedure. I know it was my responsibility to read the policy but I was vulnerable at the time and was taken advantage of by a Medicare employee no doubt trying to meet sales targets. When you correspond with them you get a pro forma letter with the appropriate bits changed.to your name. DO NOT EVER INSURE WITH THIS COMPANY !

Claim DateAugust 2016

Hi Dave,
I am sorry to read of your experience .We’d love to look into that for you. We just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Anna

Expensive, bad service, bad advice, dishonest.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
MedibankMedibank

Hi Umair, I’m really sorry to read of your recent experiences with Medibank.
I have just sent you a private message to see if we can assist.
Kindly, Jade

chris tedburyPerth, WA

Lost an eye 7 years ago, Medibank pass the bill onto Medicare they paid my bills Medibonk took my money they are SNAKES

Lost left eye 16/6/2013 went to Lions Eye who saved me Medibank took Medicare paid over 100 visits to Lions and my private health cover paid
NOTHING they are nothing but thiefs!!!

Claim DateApril 2020

Hi Chris,
I am sorry to read about your experience with your claim. I've sent you a private message asking for a few more details so that we can follow up. Thanks, Joshua

Seil OVIC, 3122

Medi Claim for GP Consultations

Dear Medibank,

Thank you for assisting me with medical care. As you can imagine, this process is very emotionally draining on the situation. However, the cooperation of the fine staff at Medibank makes it a little easier.

At this time, I would like to request that Medibank review the category that Dr. Helmy's services have been placed into. It appears that I am being charged a copay for GP consultation and treatment as a health service when in reality he provides me with a blood test and ECG. Please review this issue and kindly pay consultations fees.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.

Claim DateDecember 2019

Hi Seil,
Generally the benefit depends on the item number the provider charges. I just sent you a private message so that we can look into that for you. Thanks, Anna

Seil O

Thanks for replying to me. I have been charged a copay for GP consultation fees of $ 75 per visit. I visited twice. Kindly pay consultations fees.

Thanks Seil, I just replied to your private message. - Anna

Sag
SagSydney, NSW

Overseas Health cover for students- dont even dare.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019

Hi Sag,
I am sorry your recent diagnostic claims weren't covered. Wed love to look into that for you. I just sent you a private message asking a few more details.
Anna

Poor customer service from Medibank private

Claim DateNovember 2019
Unhappy customer
Unhappy customer

Kate

They lie and will not cover for your expenses

Do not buy insurance from this company. My family changed insurance company from Bupa to Medibank this April. Before signing the contract, my husband and I asked the agent numerous time about the covering of pregnancy and fees of delivering in hospitals. They made sure that everything will be covered without waiting time. That was why I left Bupa, I am 20 weeks pregnant now and they Medibank just informed the hospital that they will not cover for the pregnancy expenses which will be 16k AUD today because there were 5 days in between the contracts of Bupa and Medibank (even though they promised in April we will be covered). I am so angry and frustrated. NEVER NEVER use Medibank. FRAUD!!!!!!

Kate

Everything was solved within a week. All costs were covered, Medibank staffs were helpful and quick to answer all of our questions. We were happy with the services and looking forward to the arrival of our little one this Jan.

Hi Kate,
I am so glad it all got resolved. Wish you all the best with the upcoming birth.
Anna

Terrible customer service attitude, MONEY GRABBING CROOKS after I canceled my cover

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Vivian W.
Vivian W.
Joy C.
Joy C.Western Australia

Takes money out of your account even after you cancelled

Claim DateJuly 2019

See all Medibank Health Insurance reviews

Roger T.
Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy
Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance