Medibank Health Insurance

• 1-2 months (3)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (18) · No

PNBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have been a member for almost 20 years and Heath insurance in Aus is a scam.

Claim DateJune 2021

Hi,
I'm very sorry you're not happy with your cover.
I've sent you a private message if you'd like to review your policy.
- Mary

PNB

Thanks but pointless as this is not related to which Medibank policy I am on, ALL your plans work the same way.
Am I wrong?

Worst health provider ever

Karen and lyndenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

PEC Approved But Claim Rejected

Claim DateFebruary 2021

Andrew
Andrew

Medibank

We lost a child and wife had to undergo a d&c procedure. Medibank made us to jump a few hoops to make a claim, we put the claim multiple times and we got 0 dollar reimbursed. It's not as if it's painful to have that incident, Medibank made it even worse by refusing a valid claim and blaming it on to the hospital.

Update:
Medibank rep approached me and helped us to resolve the issue. The claim went through and it was helped to untangle the miscommunication between the hospital and medibank. The customer rep Annete was very humane and gentle while helping us. Thank you.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
D Van Luyn
D Van LuynPerth, WA

Medibank is the best

Great value, quick process for my claims and I’ve been with Medibank since 2012
Not sure why they have low star ratings.

Customer services are also great.

I personally think they should have 5 stars rating

MedibankMedibank

Hi D, thanks for your lovely review! If there is anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to reach out. - Jade

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Snifer
SniferVIC, 3059

Corporate Greed over humanity. Money sucking leecher.

Ihassan
IhassanSydney, NSW

Most unhelpful customer support

I am regretting getting overseas medical insurance from them for my mother. Customer support is the worst I have ever seen in Australia. Absolutely terrible. The hasstle a person has to go through for a refund!

Claim DateNovember 2020
Hayley
HayleySydney

Disputed surgery claim

I had surgery to remove a skin cancer on my nose. Medibank private refused to pay the claim of closure of the wound disputing this as plastic surgery when it was mohs surgery to remove a life threatening skin cancer. I had to get the ombudsmen involved who made Medibank private pay for the surgery, Medibank then called me to advise they will pay it this time but not again and we’re very rude about this. I would recommend avoiding this insurer at all costs. They forget who the client is that is paying for this service.

Hi Hayley,
I am sorry to read about your experience. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

Tibi
TibiMonash 2904, ACT

Terrible service

Recently cancelled the overseas visitor insurance with medibank. The call centre person told me that there will be a fee of $50 for refunding the balance amount, from a monthly premium medibank has taken it from the account as direct debit. The time when we signed up to medibank no body from medibank told us there will be a fees of refunding any balance amount. The call centre person also suggested, in the future dont go with direct debit with medibank just go for a month to month payments.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateNovember 2019

Medibank Subscription & Claim

Claim DateFebruary 2020

Hi Soren,
Thank you for your review and we'd love to follow up your wife's claim. I've sent you a private message.

Soren
Soren
Medibank P.Medibank
Da T.
Da T.

Happy with them and will re-consider

I've recently change my private insurance to another one due to my employer subsidise the other funds (and a higher level of cover).
During the time with medibank, claiming is easy (I claim my max. for dental/optical). It does takes longer than expect for them to close my account and provide the certificate, but the refund of premium is quick.

Under 30Yes

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your review and feedback. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send us a private message.

youngPerth, WA

Bad experience

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
Claim DateFebruary 2020

Hi there,
I am sorry to read about your recent experience with Medibank concerning your mother's policy. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details so that we can follow up. Thanks, Joshua

Hi Joshua

Where did you send private message?

I just replied to your private message. - Anna

judy
judyPerth, WA

Happy to have it

So blessed to have this hospital coverage as I have had heart problems which I didnt know I had and all it has cost me is the $500 surplus.
Can't understand anyone giving bad reviews.

Hi Judy,
Thanks for submitting your lovely review. We are happy to read about your positive experience with us. If there is anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Have a great day! - Joshua

Kanimbla
KanimblaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't be fooled by Medibank's promises,

Don't be fooled by Medibank's promises, they are only interested in their KPI's and member's payments. Hard and completive times for health insurers. They are playing dirty and want your money. They will not act in your best interest and would rather see you in crisis than reasonably help you with a temporary suspension of your payments. My daughter under mental medical health and they ask her to pay back $ 2300 because she could Int’l provide the receipt from year 2017 and I am let everyone in word what Medibank provider do to my daughter

Claim DateJanuary 2017

Hi Kanimbla,
I am sorry to read of your daughter’s situation and your recent experience with Medibank. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help. Thanks, Anna

wendylou
wendylouSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't know why

Don't know why I stay with them .The fees keep going up with nothing extra added . Can't even have a massage covered.Nib is no different . got a quote ,it was about the same.

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Hi Wendylou,
I am sorry to read that you are finding difficulty seeing the value in your cover. I would suggest that now is the perfect time for a review. Just sent you a private message asking you to confirm a few details.

See all Medibank Health Insurance reviews

Roger T.
Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy
Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance