Medibank Health Insurance

Medibank Health Insurance (page 2 of 53)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (11)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (18) · No (23)

So bad

Bern on the phone for so long , estimated waiting time is so wrong , it told me to wait 6 min 4 in the queue I waited for 15 mins over the estimated time and I gave up. Pointless imagen if you have to sort you problem and you calling from hospital. Horrible, also on line person gave up on because I was to slow typing on my mobile phone . I changed my mind by transferring from my carent provider ..

Crooks

Offered us a discount in person. First bill comes and discount has disappeared. How convenient for them. No record on their end of the discount but I have the original statement. Still dealing with their customer service to try and get it applied. Hours of wasted time.

Anna N.
Anna N.Perth, WA

The call centre is awful .

The call centre is awful, waiting for hours to speak with someone regarding overcharges , the lady couldn’t provide answer or explanation . Like just couldn’t care less. Transferring me around , even more wait .

MedibankMedibank

Hi Anna, I’m so sorry to hear you were on hold for so long when trying to contact us recently, and that you were transferred which extended the wait times. I’ve just sent you a private message to see if we can assist. – Jade

Bert
Bert

All they do is rip you off

in 24 years I have claimed less than 1000 up to 4 times and it gets knocked back with "oh sorry you are not covered" Its is time to leave this rot once and for all

MedibankMedibank

Hi Bert, I’m sorry to hear your recent claim was rejected. I’ve just sent you a private message to grab some details and look into this for you. – Kindly, Jade

Cover for aged care parent - edited and updated from 1 star to 3 stars

MedibankMedibank

Hi Jay, we’re so sorry to hear this. I’ve just sent you a private message to escalate this for you. Kindly, Jade

Jay
Jay

Thank you for the response, someone at Medibank has given me a call and looking to resolve the issue. I will update the post and the review once i have had a resolution.

Hi Jay,
Thanks for the update, we are glad the issue has been resolved. If there is anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Thanks, Anna

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Karen and lyndenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

PEC Approved But Claim Rejected

Simply amazing

Called one of the specialist team members regarding the cancellation of the policy and been told that my voice is not 'deep' enough to be identified as a male, and asked to visit the nearest store to verify my identity to proceed cancellation of the policy. Is this some kind of joke? I have never encountered such a situation where someone is questioning my gender based on my voice. Simply amazing, you could have asked security questions to verify or could have done something else other than to check the pitch, tone, volume of the voice to identify your customers. Very funny

Hi James,
I am so sorry to read of your recent experience. I just sent you a private message so that we can get this resolved for you. Thanks, Anna

JooMid North Coast, NSW

Impossible to contact

I am looking to change my private health insurance or drop it altogether!!! Very expensive and for that you can no longer email them from your login site to ask questions and when you call no one answers I have left countless messages None ever returned…….

Hi Joo,
I just replied to your private message. Thanks, Anna

Joo

I answered your private message with my full name and phone number as you asked and still No one has called me !!! Why ???

Hi Joanne,
I just replied to your message. - Anna

Andrew
Andrew

Medibank

We lost a child and wife had to undergo a d&c procedure. Medibank made us to jump a few hoops to make a claim, we put the claim multiple times and we got 0 dollar reimbursed. It's not as if it's painful to have that incident, Medibank made it even worse by refusing a valid claim and blaming it on to the hospital.

Update:
Medibank rep approached me and helped us to resolve the issue. The claim went through and it was helped to untangle the miscommunication between the hospital and medibank. The customer rep Annete was very humane and gentle while helping us. Thank you.

D Van Luyn
D Van LuynPerth, WA

Medibank is the best

Great value, quick process for my claims and I’ve been with Medibank since 2012
Not sure why they have low star ratings.

Customer services are also great.

I personally think they should have 5 stars rating

MedibankMedibank

Hi D, thanks for your lovely review! If there is anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to reach out. - Jade

Medibank = Daylight robbery

MedibankMedibank

Terrible experience closing my policy

Be aware that it will be a $50 administration fee when closing the policy, and they may try to mislead you before with an statement as "refunds will be processed after this fee". I cancelled my policy 5 days after my monthly payment and, right when the closure was effective, i was confirmed that no refunds will be done for the rest of the month.

Very disappointing

I wanted to add extras cover into my insurance policy. They told me that there were no waiting periods if I switch Bupa. They also told me they will set up everything and obtain my transfer certificate. They did nothing. I had to do most of it on my own. After setting up account, there were waiting periods which I was assured there will not be. They did everything to convince me to switch. On the phone to get this membership cancelled.

Paloma
PalomaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Appalling, absolutely no value whatsoever

Paid over $2,700 for Top Hospital and Extras cover over 12 months, am a priority member (which means nothing) and have been a member for over 20 years and I was not allowed to claim $225 on my lenses because of sub limits. No longer a member as of yesterday. It goes without saying that they offered NOTHING to try and make me stay. Appalling service, appalling value

MedibankMedibank

Hi Paloma, I’m really sorry to read of your recent experience with Medibank. I’ve just sent you a private message to see if we can assist. Kindly, Jade

Matt
MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Limited claim options online

I have an ambulance claim I wanted to claim quickly so I jumped online. It wasn't obvious to me how to make such a claim. There was a "hospitals" option which required downloading, filling out, and posting a paper form. I thought to myself, "you can't be serious, it's 2020". So I called, and sure enough you do need to it the old fashioned way. Come on Medibank, you can do better. And now after reading the reviews here, I'm feeling anxious as to whether Medibank will honour my claim.

Roger T.
Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Thanks,
Anna

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy
Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,
Anna

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance